The Order of Salvation

Right Divider

Body part
The first book in the Bible tells us who and what Israel is. See Genesis 32:28.

Genesis 32:28 Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome.”

Did you see that? The one who struggles with God and with men and overcomes…

And Jesus in the last book of the Bible confirms this message. See these scriptures in Revelation. Read what Jesus says about overcoming.

Revelation 2:7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Revelation 2:26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations–

Revelation 3:5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Revelation 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Revelation 3:21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Revelation 21:7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

And there is only one way a person can overcome this world, and that is through Jesus Christ our Savior.

1 John 5:5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Therefore, who and what is Israel---Israel is people who overcome by faith in Jesus Christ.

Just as Jacob is called Israel by overcoming, we too are Israel by overcoming by faith in Jesus.
That's cute, but Jesus came to the nation of Israel. His PEOPLE. God separated THEM from other people on the earth. Lev 20

THEY are to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation and they will be because of THEIR new covenant with God whereby He will make them walk in His statutes. Exo 19, Eze 37

The body of Christ does NOT need to "overcome", we are complete in Christ by faith.

Last edited:

God's Truth

That's cute, but Jesus came the nation of Israel. His PEOPLE.

Jesus' people are those who believe and obey him.

God separated THEM from other people on the earth. Lev 20

THEY are to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation

All the saved are priests.

and they will be because of THEIR new covenant with God whereby He will make them walk in His statutes. Exo 19, Eze 37

That is about receiving the Holy Spirit after repenting of sins.

The body of Christ does NOT need to "overcome", we are complete in Christ by faith.

See Galatians 5:4; 1 Corinthians 10:12; 1 Corinthians 15:2, 2 Thessalonians 2:15; Romans 11:19-21.

Robert Pate

Banned
God chose the Jewish people to take the Gospel unto the world. It was not a total failure. Because of the witness of the apostles the Gospel has gone into the world.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Satan would have us believe that the order of salvation is complicated and hard to understand and believe. when in reality it is very simple, so that even a small child can understand it.

The Bible says, "There is a way that seem right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12

Religion is the way of man. Religion will say that the order of salvation is that you must repent, confess, believe, be regenerated, be chosen, be baptized, submit, surrender, etc. If we examine what the Bible says about the order of salvation we will discover that none of the above is true. Perhaps that is why there are so many counterfeit Christians.

Becoming a Christian is NOT WHAT WE DO. Many have become Christians like they have become members of the P.T.A. They have just joined the church like they joined any other association. Some of these do get saved unexpectedly by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul tells us exactly what the order of salvation is, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. and then again he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Paul wrote to the Hebrews, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it, Hebrews 4:12." Some heard the Gospel and believed it, some heard the Gospel and rejected it. This is how it is, the Gospel goes out in the world, some hear it and believe it, others hear it and reject it.

In the Gospel we hear that Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. For some this is very hard to believe and embrace. There are many that cannot believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, they are unbelievers. This Gospel calls for a response, to not respond is a response. Those that respond with a heart full of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for them are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

1. Election.
2. Separation ministry of the Holy Spirit.
3. Hearing of the gospel.
4. Repentance/faith in the gospel.
5. Regeneration.
6. Baptism into the Body of Christ.
7. Sanctification.
8. Glorification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk