The Order of Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
Satan would have us believe that the order of salvation is complicated and hard to understand and believe. when in reality it is very simple, so that even a small child can understand it.

The Bible says, "There is a way that seem right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12

Religion is the way of man. Religion will say that the order of salvation is that you must repent, confess, believe, be regenerated, be chosen, be baptized, submit, surrender, etc. If we examine what the Bible says about the order of salvation we will discover that none of the above is true. Perhaps that is why there are so many counterfeit Christians.

Becoming a Christian is NOT WHAT WE DO. Many have become Christians like they have become members of the P.T.A. They have just joined the church like they joined any other association. Some of these do get saved unexpectedly by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul tells us exactly what the order of salvation is, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. and then again he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Paul wrote to the Hebrews, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it, Hebrews 4:12." Some heard the Gospel and believed it, some heard the Gospel and rejected it. This is how it is, the Gospel goes out in the world, some hear it and believe it, others hear it and reject it.

In the Gospel we hear that Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. For some this is very hard to believe and embrace. There are many that cannot believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, they are unbelievers. This Gospel calls for a response, to not respond is a response. Those that respond with a heart full of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for them are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Truster

[MENTION=15467]Truster[/MENTION] should read those scriptures

It was only after I was saved that I began to read and then study the scriptures. The change was so great that people couldn't help asking me what had happened. I was unable to give any details. One guy stopped his car a couple of days after I'd been saved because I was the talk of the Town. When I got in he looked at my face for some time and then asked, "what's happened to you Huw". I replied that I'd been saved and he asked what does "been saved" mean? My reply was I'm not sure of all the details but it feels fantastic.

The main reason I needed to know what had happened and why me was I had many friends that were drinking themselves to death and members of my own family who were trapped in religion, but had never experienced what had happened to me....regeneration. Most of my friends are now dead and my family are either dead physically or dead in sin while at the same time crying peace, peace where there is no peace.

If you had experienced salvation you would seek for answers as well.

Truster

PS

I wanted everyone I knew and everyone I didn't know to have what I had, to know what I knew and to experiance what I was feeling. When that didn't happen I needed to know why, because I knew that I was neither special nor deserving.

Robert Pate

Banned
PS

I wanted everyone I knew and everyone I didn't know to have what I had, to know what I knew and to experiance what I was feeling. When that didn't happen I needed to know why, because I knew that I was neither special nor deserving.

I have heard the same testimony from Buddhist, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other cultist. What they had found was religion and they were so happy, just like you.

Truster

I have heard the same testimony from Buddhist, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other cultist. What they had found was religion and they were so happy, just like you.

The operative word amongst that rubbish is the word "found"...they were looking, I was not, but I was found.

If you really feel the need to attack me pate please do so in a grammatically accurate and scripturally sound manner.

Robert Pate

Banned
The operative word amongst that rubbish is the word "found"...they were looking, I was not, but I was found.

If you really feel the need to attack me pate please do so in a grammatically accurate and scripturally sound manner.

Okay, so religion found you.

Right Divider

Body part
You'll need to explain what is so ironic? Sentence construction is correct and so is the spelling.

I left school at 13 without a great deal of education. It would be helpful if you point out my mistake.

Thanks.

1. Proper names should be capitalized.
  2. There should be a comma after Pate's name.
The irony is that your grammar was incorrect and yet you were complaining about the proper use of grammar.

Truster

1. Proper names should be capitalized.
  2. There should be a comma after Pate's name.
The irony is that your grammar was incorrect and yet you were complaining about the proper use of grammar.

I never capitalise pate and have no intention of doing so.

Nice try....

nikolai_42

The difference between Truster's account and that of all the other religions above is that he was totally changed instantaneously - without even asking for it. Now, one could legitimately call him a bold-faced liar (if they knew he was simply telling stories) but what he has said of his conversion points to none of those groups. You may disagree with his theology, but the testimony he gives is of a radically changed life - and not at his own behest. If it was religion that found him, then religion is a lot more powerful than you give it credit for.

Truster

ok truster... stay grammatically incorrect while you complain about other people's grammar.

pate refuses to correctly address my Father and my Brother so "pate" is me reminding him and now you of what it's like to be improperly addressed.

While we're at it divider should not have a capital letter.

Truster

Your using improper grammar to "punish" him is hilarious. Like many of your posts.

It's not a punishment its an example of not correctly addressing my Father and my Brother.

"For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity."

Samie

Becoming a Christian is NOT WHAT WE DO. Many have become Christians like they have become members of the P.T.A. They have just joined the church like they joined any other association. Some of these do get saved unexpectedly by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul tells us exactly what the order of salvation is, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. and then again he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.
As per your understanding of Scripture, before one "hears and believes" he is yet unsaved? If so, that's "cart before the horse".

If yet unsaved, one is NOT in Christ Who said APART from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

So, if one is able to do the acts of "hearing and believing" that simply means he is able to do SOMETHING instead of NOTHING and therefore already In Christ. And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost, and therefore already saved.

Sorry, but your understanding of Scripture is diametrically opposite to the statement of Christ.

Truster

As per your understanding of Scripture, before one "hears and believes" he is yet unsaved? If so, that's "cart before the horse".

If yet unsaved, one is NOT in Christ Who said APART from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

So, if one is able to do the acts of "hearing and believing" that simply means he is able to do SOMETHING instead of NOTHING and therefore already In Christ. And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost, and therefore already saved.

Sorry, but your understanding of Scripture is diametrically opposite to the statement of Christ.

You'll cook his grey matter.

Samie

The proper order is: In Christ first BEFORE one can hear and believe.

And to be in Christ is to be NOT lost and therefore saved.

Pate says salvation is "NOT WHAT WE DO", yet he teaches that UNLESS one hears and believes he cannot be saved. Paradoxical and laced with an impurity.

For Pate's doctrine to be scriptural, he has to remove the impurity from it: the false doctrine that people are born in sin instead of born in Christ.