The New Testament is Jewish

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And israel was full of idolatry, all the time ! Speaking to Israel God says Isa 1:4

Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.
Psalm 115:1-18 NASB - 1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us, But to Your name give glory Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth. 2 Why should the nations say, "Where, now, is their God?" 3 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases. 4 Their idols are silver and gold, The work of man's hands. 5 They have mouths, but they cannot speak; They have eyes, but they cannot see; 6 They have ears, but they cannot hear; They have noses, but they cannot smell; 7 They have hands, but they cannot feel; They have feet, but they cannot walk; They cannot make a sound with their throat. 8 Those who make them will become like them, Everyone who trusts in them. 9 O Israel, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. 10 O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD;He is their help and their shield. 11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. 12 The LORD has been mindful of us; He will bless us;He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron. 13 He will bless those who fear the LORD,The small together with the great. 14 May the LORD give you increase, You and your children. 15 May you be blessed of the LORD, Maker of heaven and earth. 16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men. 17 The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor do any who go down into silence; 18 But as for us, we will bless the LORD From this time forth and forever. Praise the LORD!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Israel hated God and the scriptures, thats why they killed Gods Prophets ! Matt 23:31

Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
This should not have been done, and indeed should not be done.

beloved57

Psalm 115:1-18 NASB - 1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us, But to Your name give glory Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth. 2 Why should the nations say, "Where, now, is their God?" 3 But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases. 4 Their idols are silver and gold, The work of man's hands. 5 They have mouths, but they cannot speak; They have eyes, but they cannot see; 6 They have ears, but they cannot hear; They have noses, but they cannot smell; 7 They have hands, but they cannot feel; They have feet, but they cannot walk; They cannot make a sound with their throat. 8 Those who make them will become like them, Everyone who trusts in them. 9 O Israel, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. 10 O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD;He is their help and their shield. 11 You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. 12 The LORD has been mindful of us; He will bless us;He will bless the house of Israel; He will bless the house of Aaron. 13 He will bless those who fear the LORD,The small together with the great. 14 May the LORD give you increase, You and your children. 15 May you be blessed of the LORD, Maker of heaven and earth. 16 The heavens are the heavens of the LORD, But the earth He has given to the sons of men. 17 The dead do not praise the LORD, Nor do any who go down into silence; 18 But as for us, we will bless the LORD From this time forth and forever. Praise the LORD!

I dont see anything to be proud of considering that people hated God and His People, the Prophets !

marhig

So now you don't believe that the rivers of living water is the holy spirit

John 7

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jacob, it says clearly in John 7 that Jesus spoke of the spirit which they that believe in him should receive.

How can you not see that the rivers of living water are the holy spirit? What do you think they are Jacob?

I just can't understand why you can't see it? It's written clear as day!

marhig

This should not have been done, and indeed should not be done.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That people israel hated God and His People. Why are you proud of that people ?
beloved57,

Do you worship the God of Israel? I am of Israel and I do. Do not reject God and His people. You need help if you think you are to cut Israel down. It appears that I should not agree with what you say. You do not hate what God hates. You do not love God and His people. You do not count yourself among them. Do you worship the one true God, YHVH, and Him alone?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, it says clearly in John 7 that Jesus spoke of the spirit which they that believe in him should receive.

How can you not see that the rivers of living water are the holy spirit? What do you think they are Jacob?

I just can't understand why you can't see it? It's written clear as day!
See verse 39.

John 7:37-39 NASB - 37 Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. 38 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" 39 But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Amen! Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord!

beloved57

beloved57,

Do you worship the God of Israel? I am of Israel and I do. Do not reject God and His people. You need help if you think you are to cut Israel down. It appears that I should not agree with what you say. You do not hate what God hates. You do not love God and His people. You do not count yourself among them. Do you worship the one true God, YHVH, and Him alone?

I hate what God hates, do you ? For instance the people of israel dont love Jesus Christ, that is evident, and so Paul says let them be accursed 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Now do you find jewish men who dont Love Jesus Christ anathema ?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I hate what God hates, do you ? For instance the people of israel dont love Jesus Christ, that is evident, and so Paul says let them be accursed 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Now do you find jewish men who dont Love Jesus Christ anathema ?
The verse says any man. This certainly applies to Jewish men, Israel and Jews who have been entrusted with God's word, and any man who joins with them. It even applies to those from among the Gentiles who become believers.

Remember Romans 1:16-17 NASB? :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
1 Peter 2:21-25 NKJV - 21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps: 22 "Who committed no sin, Nor was deceit found in His mouth"; 23 who, when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed [Himself] to Him who judges righteously; 24 who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness--by whose stripes you were healed. 25 For you were like sheep going astray, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God ... who has chosen good prophets and desires their words which were said in truth ... who chooses the Torah ... and the prophets of truth and righteousness.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I saw one of the verses in this chapter from a search I did. I am posting the entire chapter. I would love to learn more about this.

Isaiah 25:1-12 NASB - 1 O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. 2 For You have made a city into a heap, A fortified city into a ruin; A palace of strangers is a city no more, It will never be rebuilt. 3 Therefore a strong people will glorify You; Cities of ruthless nations will revere You. 4 For You have been a defense for the helpless, A defense for the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; For the breath of the ruthless Is like a rain storm against a wall. 5 Like heat in drought, You subdue the uproar of aliens; Like heat by the shadow of a cloud, the song of the ruthless is silenced. 6 The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain; A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, And refined, aged wine. 7 And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples, Even the veil which is stretched over all nations. 8 He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken. 9 And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." 10 For the hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain, And Moab will be trodden down in his place As straw is trodden down in the water of a manure pile. 11 And he will spread out his hands in the middle of it As a swimmer spreads out his hands to swim, But the Lord will lay low his pride together with the trickery of his hands. 12 The unassailable fortifications of your walls He will bring down, Lay low and cast to the ground, even to the dust.

clefty

People shouldn't get alarmed when they hear that the New Testament is Jewish. It would be like, as a random example, being alarmed by Harry Potter being called British.

There are Jews who, having never read the New Testament, end up surprised how Jewish it is- they grew up being taught to stay away from it, and presume it's alien to Jewish literature.

But the last time I asked around the British did not reject Harry Potter or kill people for reading it.

Just like the last time I asked around, none of that tribe would accept their God had a Son who came as Messiah died and rose again.

Even Messianic, or Jews for Jesus or Torah firsters have had to distance themselves from that reality no matter how many Hebrew words (Hebrew also not Jewish) prayer shawls and other symbols they use in their services.

And until our friend here can successfully rebrand what a Jew is with a mass conversion, the wall He was suppose to have removed with belief in Him, remains...

As for Christians contributing to that wall, they too, should also be surprised by how different they are from those first century believers...and restore themselves to the Way.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I saw one of the verses in this chapter from a search I did. I am posting the entire chapter. I would love to learn more about this.

Isaiah 25:1-12 NASB - 1 O LORD, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness. 2 For You have made a city into a heap, A fortified city into a ruin; A palace of strangers is a city no more, It will never be rebuilt. 3 Therefore a strong people will glorify You; Cities of ruthless nations will revere You. 4 For You have been a defense for the helpless, A defense for the needy in his distress, A refuge from the storm, a shade from the heat; For the breath of the ruthless Is like a rain storm against a wall. 5 Like heat in drought, You subdue the uproar of aliens; Like heat by the shadow of a cloud, the song of the ruthless is silenced. 6 The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain; A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, And refined, aged wine. 7 And on this mountain He will swallow up the covering which is over all peoples, Even the veil which is stretched over all nations. 8 He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken. 9 And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation." 10 For the hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain, And Moab will be trodden down in his place As straw is trodden down in the water of a manure pile. 11 And he will spread out his hands in the middle of it As a swimmer spreads out his hands to swim, But the Lord will lay low his pride together with the trickery of his hands. 12 The unassailable fortifications of your walls He will bring down, Lay low and cast to the ground, even to the dust.
When did Isaiah prophesy and of what did he here speak?