The New Testament is Jewish

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures people call the New Testament or the Apostle's Writings are Jewish and Christian both. The early church, the church in its conception, was entirely Jewish.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 NASB - 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

TweetyBird

The scriptures people call the New Testament or the Apostle's Writings are Jewish and Christian both. The early church, the church in its conception, was entirely Jewish.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

Acts 5:31 NASB - 31 "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 11:18 NASB - 18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

The NT is not Jewish. The new covenant is not ethnic, it is for all nations, a new doctrine, a new law, and new covenant - all of which is brand new, fresh, never seen before.

False Prophet

The New Testament wasn't compiled until Exuperion received his letter from the alleged Pope right before Jerome translated the Greek scriptures into Latin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The NT is not Jewish. The new covenant is not ethnic, it is for all nations, a new doctrine, a new law, and new covenant - all of which is brand new, fresh, never seen before.
Yeshua is the Jewish Messiah, God's Messiah, the Messiah of the world. The Jews are God's covenant people. The new covenant came to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written upon hearts and minds.

I don't know what you mean by ethnic.

Lilstu

Have you noticed in Jeremiah 31 that the New Covenant will be made with the house of Israel?
Jews are descendants of Judah one of the sons of Israel and therefore of the house of Israel.

clefty

Have you noticed in Jeremiah 31 that the New Covenant will be made with the house of Israel?
Jews are descendants of Judah one of the sons of Israel and therefore of the house of Israel.

I have noticed...

the christening of that covenant, after all, was a toast to a room full of that "chosen" not a goy found amongst them...

But I have also noticed that just like the first covenant, goyim were accepted as it was one law for both native and non native...and so it remains...

Paul argued to accept these goys who crowded the synagogues Sabbath to Sabbath as nothing was changed from the first covenant...pity you believe what the false witnesses claimed of him in attempts to slander him alleging he taught a change in the Law...a most false accusation...

BTW- That goys are grafted branches to the spiritual trunk and root is more true than the claims of those today who insist they are direct blood descendents of biblical tribe...that tribe in which a conspiracy was found...

RBBI

Paul argued to accept these goys who crowded the synagogues Sabbath to Sabbath as nothing was changed from the first covenant...pity you believe what the false witnesses claimed of him in attempts to slander him alleging he taught a change in the Law...a most false accusation...

Amen.

beloved57

Abrahams descendants Israel according to the flesh are not the children of promise or God Rom 9:8, so they have no part in the New Covenant.

beloved57

The scriptures are spiritual not jewish. In fact the jews more than any other people hated the scripture and them who faithfully preached them.

Lilstu

Abrahams descendants Israel according to the flesh are not the children of promise or God Rom 9:8, so they have no part in the New Covenant.

Isaiah 59:21King James Version (KJV)
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

Jeremiah 46:27-28King James Version (KJV)

27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.

28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

RBBI

Since the early church was almost exclusively Jewish born, saying the Jews hated scripture is a bit off, wouldn't you say? The 3000 on the day of Pentecost were Jews, and that was the beginning of the body. Peace

Lilstu

The scriptures are spiritual not jewish. In fact the jews more than any other people hated the scripture and them who faithfully preached them.

Romans 3:1-2King James Version (KJV)

3 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Bradley D

Although Jesus had encounters with some Gentiles. Jesus acknowledge that He had come for the Jews first. It was Jesus' apostles whom He sent out to make "disciples of all nations."

Lilstu

Although Jesus had encounters with some Gentiles. Jesus acknowledge that He had come for the Jews first. It was Jesus' apostles whom He sent out to make "disciples of all nations."

It is common knowledge among Bible students that Matthew 28:19 was not in the original manuscripts but was a later insertion by an exuberant monk. If you do the research you will find that this is true.

"""Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit""

Supposedly, this is a command by Jesus to his followers to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

If Matthew 28:19 were legitimate, we would expect that Jesus' followers would be going out to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

But this is not the case.
In the entire New Testament there is no record of anyone being baptized in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

On the contrary, the record shows that people were baptized in the name of Jesus.

Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:16
For He had not yet fallen upon any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?

Galatians 3:27
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

"""Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit""

It would appear that Jesus was changing his mind concerning prosletyzing the Gentiles with Matthew 28:19.

Can God change his mind? Or did Jesus get new instructions from God?

Previously Jesus had said......Matthew 10:5
These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;

Now Peter was Jesus' main man, surely the rock had gotten the word of the Great Commission.
So how come when the Gentile, Cornelius, joins the flock Peter seems not to know about the new policy on Gentiles.
Then when Peter explains everything to the rest of the brothers, they seem ignorant of the rules change.

IMO Peter and his brothers didn't know about the Great Commission
because Matthew 28:19 is a later insertion into the Bible.

clefty

Nothing new with Him sending them out to all nations...Israel was always to have been a light to ALL...His house was to have been a house for ALL nations...one law for native and non native...

Paul on Mars hill made it absolutely clear that He made all nations to rise and fall so that they may seek Him...

Ascribing this tribe continued "chosen" status dismisses what actually transpired...it was actually this tribe that began the civil war that destroyed Israel by even taxing their own brothers to worship at the temple...they really did wish to keep it all for themselves...causing all to fall into idolatry...

Finally she even had her Husband killed releasing blood Israel from their "I do" vows and letting them continue their counterfeiting ways...but now resurrected He looks for another faithful and obedient bride...the same terms and conditions apply as she will live in His house...His way...on earth as it is in heaven...

beloved57

Isaiah 59:21King James Version (KJV)
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

Jeremiah 46:27-28King James Version (KJV)

27 But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.

28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the Lord: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished.

Israel according to the flesh are not the children of promise or of God, so they are exempt from the New Covenant Israel! Sorry

beameup

The Great Commission will be fulfilled following the removal of the Body of Christ and the resultant Messianic Revival among Israelites. The instant knowledge of Gentile languages (ie: tongues), the other supernatural gifts (like instant transportation, genuine healings, etc.) will once again appear as in Acts and enable the Jewish evangelists to reach isolated populations on the earth with the Gospel.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures are Jewish.

Read Romans 1-2 and following.

Romans 3:1-2 NASB - 1 Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

beloved57

The scriptures are Jewish.

Read Romans 1-2 and following.

Romans 3:1-2 NASB - 1 Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 Great in every respect. First of all, that they were entrusted with the oracles of God.

No they are not jewish, scriptures have no ethnicity. They originate from God, not from jews !