The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

Two 'groups' are not made one. Individuals from each group, Israel and Gentiles are made one in one body, the Body of Christ....a new creation.

Two messages? Two groups? A group made anything? I don't get it, either. We do have a group dynamic of the Lord pouring out grace and supplications on the house of David and Jerusalem in Zechariah 12, a group that did not previously believe, but this is at His coming to earth. In this age of grace, some call the church age, there is only the gospel of Jesus Christ and those individuals who receive that gospel, one body in Christ, scripture clear no spiritual Jews or Gentiles, nor even male or female. And there is only one New Testament gospel.

Quite honestly, I can't figure out what is going on in a lot of discussions in these forums, whole conversations that make no theological sense, without any explanations. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to always be all this doctrinal weirdness I can't figure out where it comes from, literally can't make sense of what some people are saying, in terms of the Christian faith, even figure out where some of it comes from, that doesn't resemble any denominational, or even cult teaching, for that matter.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Find all of Jesus' teachings and not just one command he gave one person.
He didn't give the command to just one person.
It was to His disciples, His followers.
Are you a follower of Jesus?

You need to do that, and then obey what you can.
Whoa!
Why the sudden change from EVERYTHING to "what you can"?????
Are you finally starting to realize the lie you have been repeating over and over?

God's Truth

He didn't give the command to just one person.
It was to His disciples, His followers.
Are you a follower of Jesus?

Whoa!
Why the sudden change from EVERYTHING to "what you can"?????
Are you finally starting to realize the lie you have been repeating over and over?

There is NO WAY out of it, you must obey EVERYTHING that Jesus says.

God's Truth

They obey because they were elected :)

No, God elects those who obey.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
No, God elects those who obey.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Romans 8:29-30
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

No go back and read those verses with this in mind, and realize your interpretation (cherry picking) is wrong.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What you said right there is against what the Bible says right here:

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

You are badly mistaken, Steko, because God bound all those faithless Jews to be right there were the non obeying Gentiles were.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

The ISV is a very bad interpretation of Eph 2:14.
It's definitely not a word for word translation but a version with disguised opinion.

The word is 'amphoteros/both'. The word 'groups' is not in the Greek text.

Since you like Bible versions that add to the Scriptures, why not choose others instead which bring out a clearer meaning in harmony with the context:

"Eph 2:14 So he is our peace. In his body he has made Jewish and non-Jewish people one by breaking down the wall of hostility that kept them apart."-GOD's Word Bible

"Eph 2:14 Christ has made peace between Jews and Gentiles, and he has united us by breaking down the wall of hatred that separated us. Christ gave his own body"- Contemporary English Version

The word 'both' in Ephesians 2:14 is referring to the two peoples found in Ephesians 2:11 which speaks of individuals who were circumcised(Jews) and individuals who were uncircumcised(Gentiles).

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Under the Gospel of Grace, groups are not saved...individuals are.

Danoh

It's definitely not a word for word translation but a version with disguised opinion.

Since you like Bible versions that add to the Scriptures, why not choose others instead which bring out a clearer meaning in harmony with the context:

"Eph 2:14 So he is our peace. In his body he has made Jewish and non-Jewish people one by breaking down the wall of hostility that kept them apart."-GOD's Word Bible

"Eph 2:14 Christ has made peace between Jews and Gentiles, and he has united us by breaking down the wall of hatred that separated us. Christ gave his own body"- Contemporary English Version

The word 'both' in Ephesians 2:14 is referring to the two peoples found in Ephesians 2:11 which speaks of individuals who were circumcised(Jews) and individuals who were uncircumcised(Gentiles).

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Yep; the same elements of two as one not only as to each's respective fall from each's expected obedience in time past, but (as to the two as one) now as to both's same hope, this side of Israel's fall, that Paul had already laid out in greater detail in Romans 1:18-3:30.

God's Truth

Romans 8:29-30
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

No go back and read those verses with this in mind, and realize your interpretation (cherry picking) is wrong.

The plan is predestined not people. That scripture is about God foreknowing the Jews and how God did not cut them off forever.

God's Truth

You made a false accusation about me, and then you disproved NOTHING that I said.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep; the same elements of two as one not only as to each's respective fall from each's expected obedience in time past, but (as to the two as one) now as to both's same hope, this side of Israel's fall, that Paul had already laid out in greater detail in Romans 1:18-3:30.

:thumb: Right on!

God's Truth

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Who said that?

To whom was it said?