The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 18:6 ESV

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Epoisses

Do you love God's word or what ?

Matthew 18:6 ESV

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea

Epoisses

He's correct, as far as he went. What he evidently didn't foresee was the invention of Lordship Salvation, created specifically to help Calvinists convince themselves they're not Reprobates by measuring their every thought, word and deed against some standard or other...justification by faith, sanctification and evidence of justification by works.

The sad part is that, when preached as the Gospel, it still causes young believers to destroy themselves over something that doesn't even exist.

I agree with the Arminian understanding of predestination where God knows those who will have saving faith in Christ and those who will die in unbelief from the foundation of the world. God is omniscient and he knows my life story from beginning to end before it happens.

musterion

But watch this...you cannot be that child of God and friend until AFTER YOU OBEY and make yourself a servant first!

Oh please ask me for the scriptures to prove it.

She doesn't need to. She's already obeyed God and believed the Gospel of grace and is a slave to Christ, as I am.

God's Truth

No one has to have an understanding as to why God wants you to do something. Is that what you are calling blind obedience?

If you do not have understanding, you will have it after you obey that is what God's Word says.

Lean not on your own understanding.

Do you recognize that scripture?

musterion

I agree with the Arminian understanding of predestination where God knows those who will have saving faith in Christ and those who will die in unbelief from the foundation of the world. God is omniscient and he knows my life story from beginning to end before it happens.

Not sure I agree with it anymore. It doesn't explain God's wrath for all who disbelieve and reject the Son any better than Calvinism can (can't).

Word

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever
tried to correct someone
who does not know
they do not know?

Have you ever
tried to correct someone
who thought they knew
but what they knew
was incorrect?

Just as wisdom
is for the wise
Correction is
the wisdom of
the wise.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
There is no such thing
as unmerited favor or unmerited grace
from God.

That is the doctrine of devils.

God will not reward you
for anything you do not deserve.

God will not punish you

God will not exalt you

God will not praise you for anything
you do not deserve.

Whatsoever you sow
to the flesh you shall
reap of the flesh.

Whatsoever you sow
to the Spirit you shall
reap of the Spirit.

So you are saying you personally deserve Gods Mercy above others?

What makes you deserve it?

What condemns the others?

Who did Jesus call sons of the devil in the bible?

Where is doctrines of Devils used in the NT?

Hint, it's about food.....

God's Truth

So you are saying you personally deserve Gods Mercy above others?

What makes you deserve it?

What condemns the others?

Who did Jesus call sons of the devil in the bible?

Where is doctrines of Devils used in the NT?

Hint, it's about food.....

It sounds as if you are going in the wrong direction. Where do you get it is only about food?

whitestone

Have you ever
tried to correct someone
who does not know
they do not know?

Have you ever
tried to correct someone
who thought they knew
but what they knew
was incorrect?

Just as wisdom
is for the wise
Correction is
the wisdom of
the wise.

lol,I mean,,,just imagine what will run through their minds when it occurs to them that the very one created to save them was created first,,,long before those who would later come and try to grasp if they merited it...Collisions 1:15 KJV ,,,now what comes first the Savior,or the one to be saved?

journey

To the OP,

Is there something you don't understand about this simple portion of Scripture:

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

God's Truth

To the OP,

Is there something you don't understand about this simple portion of Scripture:

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Jews used to have to clean themselves, they did a lot of works to do that.