The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The works Paul the Pharisee is explaining that no longer save are the ceremonial/purification works.

The Gentiles knew they did not do all the things the Jews used to have to do for over 1,600 years, and they now had to be taught as to WHY they are now saved. The Jews had to be taught why they no longer had to do certain things anymore.

You're impossible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genuine faith is FAITH WITH OBEDIENCE. Faith with obedience is faith that is alive. Faith without obedience is dead and cannot save ANYONE. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.
GT is a foolish woman that divides the law into categories.
But the one she quotes (James) does not.
It's the whole law, not just certain "categories" of the law.

From the very same chapter where James says faith without works is dead, we read this:

James 2:10-11 KJV
(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
(11) For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

James does not divide the law into categories.
He is speaking of the whole law.
And James says that if you fail in any point of the whole law, you have failed the whole law.
The law he is speaking of is the whole law, which is NOT just the category of ceremonial washings.

GT should take her own advice and read the whole story.
But she won't because she has here own made up story she likes to tell.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

From the very same chapter where James says faith without works is dead, we read this:

(10) For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
(11) For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

And James says that if you fail in any point of the whole law, you have failed the whole law.
The law he is speaking of is the whole law, which is NOT just the category of ceremonial washings.

Yep.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I keep asking you what you obey that Jesus said to obey.
And I keep asking you why you keep saying that one must obey EVERYTHING Christ commanded, when that clearly is not true.

Please tell me besides bearing false witness against me.
There is no false witness against you.
You HAVE repeatedly said that one must obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded.
Even when shown that you do not even believe that, you still say it over and over.
That's the truth, not false witness.

Sorry, first of a double post that took a long time to appear, thought I'd hit Cancel or something, please disregard. And thank you, steko, another post that follows, with some additional verses of proof as to our merit, that merit which is mythological.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And I keep asking you why you keep saying that one must obey EVERYTHING Christ commanded, when that clearly is not true.

There is no false witness against you.
You HAVE repeatedly said that one must obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded.
Even when shown that you do not even believe that, you still say it over and over.
That's the truth, not false witness.

True.

Ephesians 2

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 3

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

God's Truth

I do not do what you accuse me of doing.

Now tell me if you love your neighbor, how do you do that if you do not obey by not stealing from him?