The Myth of unMerited Favor and Grace

God's Truth

You cannot reconcile faith with works and faith without works.

And you cannot reconcile being sent to baptize and not being sent to baptize.

Things that differ are not the same.

Just because Paul preached the truth and did not physically water baptize, it does NOT mean he spoke against it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Jesus Christ was in the flesh on this earth! Jesus' disciples had to leave their homes and travel with Jesus and become traveling preachers.

Jesus knew the rich man loved his riches more than he loved God.

A poor person, a middle class person, and everyone in between and beyond that, they are to put God first. You can do that in your heart and mind. That is what Jesus was teaching.
Foolish woman.
In the body of Christ (BOC) there is no rich or poor.
And, no, it does not say that Jesus commanded the man to do it in his heart and mind, but to literally sell all he had to have eternal life.

The people were not commanded to do this, they wanted to do this.
We're fixing to see how ridiculous that statement is by the very thing you post next.

Read this, it is during the same time:

Ananias and Sapphira

Acts 5:5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
Does that sound like Ananias and Sapphira WANTED to sell and share it all equally with others????
Not only did they not want to, they didn't do it.

Now we see that fallacy of what you have stated.
If they were only supposed to do it if they WANTED to, then they shouldn't have gotten in trouble for keeping back a portion of the money they WANTED to keep.

Ananias' sin is not that he kept money, but that he LIED about it.
Foolish woman.
The lie WAS him keeping the money.

Jesus does not want the whole world to be homeless.
Why on earth would you include such a stupid statement?
They did not become homeless, foolish woman; they shared all they had equally.
Everyone's needs were met.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Just because Paul preached the truth and did not physically water baptize, it does NOT mean he spoke against it.
Why would you say that?
I said absolutely nothing about whether Paul ever spoke against it.

The fact remains that the mission of the 12 was different from the mission Paul was sent to do.

God's Truth

Why would you say that?
I said absolutely nothing about whether Paul ever spoke against it.

The fact remains that the mission of the 12 was different from the mission Paul was sent to do.

It was the same.

God's Truth

Foolish woman.
You say that ad nauseam.

Let you be warned that there is a warning to you calling me a fool.

In the body of Christ (BOC) there is no rich or poor.
Where do you get that from?

And, no, it does not say that Jesus commanded the man to do it in his heart and mind, but to literally sell all he had to have eternal life.
I already told you that Jesus’ disciples were part of the traveling ministry and had to leave their homes.

We're fixing to see how ridiculous that statement is by the very thing you post next.

Does that sound like Ananias and Sapphira WANTED to sell and share it all equally with others????
Not only did they not want to, they didn't do it.

I gave you scripture that said it was THEIR LAND to do with it what they wanted, and it was THEIR MONEY to do with it what they wanted.

You will have to submit to the scriptures, which is God’s Truth.

Now we see that fallacy of what you have stated.
If they were only supposed to do it if they WANTED to, then they shouldn't have gotten in trouble for keeping back a portion of the money they WANTED to keep.
I already explained it to you---THEY LIED. That is the sin.

Ananias' sin is not that he kept money, but that he LIED about it.
Foolish woman.
The lie WAS him keeping the money.

God's Truth

Genuine faith is FAITH WITH OBEDIENCE. Faith with obedience is faith that is alive. Faith without obedience is dead and cannot save ANYONE. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Tell me, why did God test Abraham's faith?

HOW did God test Abraham's faith?

How did Abraham PROVE his faith?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Genuine faith is FAITH WITH OBEDIENCE. Faith with obedience is faith that is alive. Faith without obedience is dead and cannot save ANYONE. See James 2:14, 17, 20, and 22.

Tell me, why did God test Abraham's faith?

HOW did God test Abraham's faith?

How did Abraham PROVE his faith?

The book of James was written to the scattered tribes of the House of Israel, not to the Gentile believers.