The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

fool

Hall of Fame
That looks like a lot of numbers. I guess as long as we both agree there are 50 states and 1 district with electoral colleges, I'll take your word for the rest of it.

OK:
So, the EC is decided by 56 different popular votes in 56 separate contexts.

There is no national popular vote because because you didn't have a national popular election.
You could make a number called the "Sum of 54 separate popular votes in 56 separate contexts"
And that would be what your calling the "Popular Vote".
But that's not the Popular vote. That's the sum of 54 separate popular votes in 56 separate contexts.
The things have different names because they are different things, the results of different stimuli on the organism.
Calling them the same thing would be poor science.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You've amassed quite a debt with our internet wagers over the years TH.
True. Though if the next double or nothing pays off it might put our economy back into the green again. So you could say I'm doing it for my country.

Just send me a crate of Jack Daniels instead...

:plain:
Wouldn't that leak?

:think: I have seen wine in a box, so God knows what they'll think of next...or why.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
OK:
And if there are 5 classrooms and each classroom has 20 desks we can with reasonable certainty tell you how many desks there are all tolled. There's no reasonable barrier to it.

There is no national popular vote because because you didn't have a national popular election.
You do have a popular vote because people voted and their votes were tallied and can be summed. They weren't voting for their state's candidate for president. They were voting for theirs, which is why a lot of people who understood the other guy or gal would get the state vote still went down to the polls to make their voices heard.

You could make a number called the "Sum of 54 separate popular votes in 56 separate contexts"
You could call it what it is, a sum of the votes cast.

But that's not the Popular vote. That's the sum of 54 separate popular votes in 56 separate contexts.
Like saying you don't have a popular vote in a state, only X number of popular votes in X number of counties. Or you can't have a popular vote in counties, only X number of votes in X number of municipalities, and so on. It's just a peculiar way of not seeing what's right in front of you.

Calling them the same thing would be poor science
Not at all. Calling a thing what it demonstrably is would be good math. Calling it something else would be...politics as usual.

Arthur Brain

True. Though if the next double or nothing pays off it might put our economy back into the green again. So you could say I'm doing it for my country.

You do realize that if I lost the bet then I wouldn't actually owe anything?

:think:

Not that I could to pay anything even if I did...

:eek:

Wouldn't that leak?

:think: I have seen wine in a box, so God knows what they'll think of next...or why.

I would have thought it would work as a solvent...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
OK:

And that would be what your calling the "Popular Vote".
The things have different names because they are different things, the results of different stimuli on the organism.
Calling them the same thing would be poor science.

I was going to say something along the lines of what TH just said, but since he covered all the bases, I'll just second his answer.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
My hope for this country is that President Trump will be a "Two-Term" President. I voted for him and pray for him. He's doing what Obama and Clinton didn't have the guts to do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What are you still doing in this thread? There's vulgar language here.
And you didn't sponsor it? That's progress.

For those who missed it, Tam is speaking to my objection of her posting a link to some guy's video. He was complaining about being put on the high shelf, access wise, by youtube. In the video he drops an F bomb early on. Tam posted it and when my five year old got an ear full of it went on an obnoxious defense where most people would have pulled the bit and owned the mistake.

Unlike anna, she remained among us and I don't know that the video was ever pulled.

Since then she's been mostly busy giving pos reps to anyone who has anything stupid to say about yours truly. So it's been a real boon for GM, CS, Sod, etc. Looks like she finally likes the odds around here and decided to be more direct.

Tam, really pulling the lass out of class...no, no that's not it. Well, it will come to me.

Anyway, I didn't leave that thread so her shtick here is just more self-serving nonsense in an ongoing attempt to illustrate how deeply she just doesn't get it.

It looks like you went and got YOURSELF banned again, Anna. Shame on you. Watch your language, gal.
For quoting the guy you seem to adore. You should be outraged.

Apologies for interrupting your new Twitter feed though.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It appears as if, TH thinks of himself as a "Magnificent Victim." That's a typical LIB for ya. I would recommend that TH find himself a nice "Safe Place," a warm cup of cocoa, and a stuffed animal of his choosing. Oh, by the way, TH, why not purchase some Headphones on Amazon, therefore, you'll be able to listen for any foul language on future You-Tube Videos, in the privacy of your own ears. Just a suggestion.