The Life of Christ for the Believer

djhow

Jesus's life and teaching are very important to us because in them is the way to God in this life. He said few would find it and he knew that "finding" is not done in the scriptures and had such a sure and true confidence in what he was saying that he never wrote it down. Forgiveness in those days was a very rare commodity and the very idea of it was revolutionary, love your enemies and give more to those that steal from you. To own that idea you would have to write it down surely? make sure that it was never forgotten.

However Jesus didn't write it down even though he was a teacher because he knew that the things he talked and lived about was how to find the well of eternal life and never thirst again. He said it was within you and likened to it with teachings that would help and assure you that you are on the right path.

He also warned of teachers and how bad teaching can spread like wildfire and I myself do wonder how far the loaf can leaven from such tiny grains of yeast.

His life was one of obedience responding to what he saw and all the people he encountered right unto death, willingly and when he cried "it is finished" He declared that no heart should ever be overcome by the world, the devil, the flesh and sin. If you do not still your mind and heart to rest in the freedom that is there, and always has been from the beginning, then what is the point of it all is what I would ask.

His life and teaching are vital I'd say

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If Jesus had not fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law, in your name and on your behalf...

Jesus only did what he was sent to do and he did it in his Father's name and by his Father's authority, not anyone else's name or authority.

beloved57

pate

He fulfilled this law fully and completely for us just as though we fulfilled it ourselves.

And you still teach that those whom He did it for can and do wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, nullifying what Christ done !

Scriptures says that doers of the law shall be Justified. Rom 2:13

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You deny this Truth !

beloved57

The correct question is what is the interpretation of the saving Gospel?

That has to be revealed by God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its not a interpretation, but an revelation !

Lon

The more accurate question is what is the interpretation of the saving Gospel?

In your case? Whatever you make up in your seeded mind, no? As soon as you start picking and choosing what you wish to believe, god is you. Of course, those are the bad seeds in the first place.

Genesis 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
This is the lie, beatz. You are in league with Satan: "Did God really say?"

Prizebeatz1

That has to be revealed by God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein[The Gospel] is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Its not a interpretation, but an revelation !

You are correct although one person's revelation is not necessarily the same as another's.

LTache

BANNED
Banned
pate

And you still teach that those whom He did it for can and do wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief, nullifying what Christ done !

Scriptures says that doers of the law shall be Justified. Rom 2:13

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You deny this Truth !

What law?

Prizebeatz1

In your case? Whatever you make up in your seeded mind, no? As soon as you start picking and choosing what you wish to believe, god is you. Of course, those are the bad seeds in the first place.

Genesis 3:5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
This is the lie, beatz. You are in league with Satan: "Did God really say?"

You are exactly like me in that regard except you've accepted what someone else made up in their mind which is even worse in my opinion. Your judgment of others is your own judgment of yourself.