The Life of Christ for the Believer

Prizebeatz1

Doctrine of demons.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you. Suppose you have it in reverse, then what? Listen, if this had been 5 or 6 years ago I would have agreed with you. I am so glad I was wrong. The attitude of wrong/right was a battle that reflected my inner turmoil. The desire for good to triumph over bad, though it is a noble cause, was one of many ways I was secretly trying to boost my self-esteem due to being convicted of worthlessness. It was actually a temptation that kept me biting that fruit (surely you will not die). I was so overly identified with one side against the other that I was projecting that sense of duality onto the world. It wasn't until I quit struggling and learned to suspend my judgements that I gave myself the chance to find unity, oneness, wholeness, completeness, fulfillment, contentment. Or should I say oneness found me? It's more like it was always there unconditionally, I just had to find out what was in the way.

It's a process of reversing the tendencies of the personality. If we are willing to give this our all and make it our primary purpose in life, we can touch a part of us that we left behind during childhood. We are awakened, resurrected, born again. It is a such a luminous miracle that I literally do not care if it is the doctrine of demons. I'll take two of them with cheese to go. When you feel it you don't give a crap about what the world thinks anymore. It is so much fullness that the adoration of peers is no competition for it. NOTHING compares. Nothing else matters in this world. I say this literally: give up and turn your back on your family, your possessions, your thoughts, your religion, your 401k, your body, your everything until you touch the fringe of the soul. Just one dip of your finger and it will shatter your entire universe...a gross understatement. If you come within one inch of it you will surely be healed and will not be able to stop praising the Lord Almighty. You might be worse than me. At that point I will copy and paste what you said about this being the Doctrine of Demons and we will turn around and laugh. Guaranteed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have divine love? Paul confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

The past tense verb suggests Paul was referring to his previous life as Saul of Tarsus, devout Pharisee. Or do you believe Paul's statement was in the context of a new creation?

Prizebeatz1

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. (Proverbs 14:12)​

The way that seemed right to me was what everyone else was doing. I found the truth is counter-intuitive, upside down and the reverse of that.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

musterion

I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you. Suppose you have it in reverse, then what? Listen, if this had been 5 or 6 years ago I would have agreed with you. I am so glad I was wrong. The attitude of wrong/right was a battle that reflected my inner turmoil. The desire for good to triumph over bad, though it is a noble cause, was one of many ways I was secretly trying to boost my self-esteem due to being convicted of worthlessness. It was actually a temptation that kept me biting that fruit (surely you will not die). I was so overly identified with one side against the other that I was projecting that sense of duality onto the world. It wasn't until I quit struggling and learned to suspend my judgements that I gave myself the chance to find unity, oneness, wholeness, completeness, fulfillment, contentment. Or should I say oneness found me? It's more like it was always there unconditionally, I just had to find out what was in the way.

It's a process of reversing the tendencies of the personality. If we are willing to give this our all and make it our primary purpose in life, we can touch a part of us that we left behind during childhood. We are awakened, resurrected, born again. It is a such a luminous miracle that I literally do not care if it is the doctrine of demons. I'll take two of them with cheese to go. When you feel it you don't give a crap about what the world thinks anymore. It is so much fullness that the adoration of peers is no competition for it. NOTHING compares. Nothing else matters in this world. I say this literally: give up and turn your back on your family, your possessions, your thoughts, your religion, your 401k, your body, your everything until you touch the fringe of the soul. Just one dip of your finger and it will shatter your entire universe...a gross understatement. If you come within one inch of it you will surely be healed and will not be able to stop praising the Lord Almighty. You might be worse than me. At that point I will copy and paste what you said about this being the Doctrine of Demons and we will turn around and laugh. Guaranteed.

What is the saving Gospel?

Robert Pate

Banned
And what exactly was the nature of His obedience by which the believer is made righteous?

The believers righteousness is the righteousness of Christ. He is not righteous now in the flesh. The righteousness of Christ is to his account. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God sees the believer as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We are justified MADE righteous by Christ.

musterion

The believers righteousness is the righteousness of Christ. He is not righteous now in the flesh. The righteousness of Christ is to his account. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus God sees the believer as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. We are justified MADE righteous by Christ.

I don't want to repeat myself but you leave me no choice.

The obedience of Christ which benefits the believer is not His perfectly obedient life, but His perfectly obedient death.

His life NOW -- His resurrection life -- is the life in which the believer walks, not the sinless life He walked in His earthly body.

Robert Pate

Banned
What a mess.

Made up-no scripture says what you spam, re. this "vicarious lawkeeping.".

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

And reconciliation, Pate is not justification=we are reconciled by his death, a "pre-req" to justification, but/and are saved by His life-His resurrected life, not His life of obedience, when He walked on earth:

Romans 5:10 KJV

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

"You are in denial of the Gospel."-Pate

Those are tough words, you windbag,as puffed up as a bullfrog, in heat, who has an unteacheable "spirit," which explains why the lost/members of the boc, alike, disdain, and laugh at you, and understand the only "spirit" in you, is demonic, and the spirit of Johnny Walker Red.

So there.

You repel people from the gospel of Christ, as you misinform them, not studying the details of the book,but, instead, you merely spam your church SOF "what we believe"'s.

You missed it John W. You make the Gospel a impersonal law based religion.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification.

If Jesus had not offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law no one would have been saved.

What do you think a savior is? A savior does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

Someone has to fulfill God's law. You apparently think that you can, Really dumb John W.

You are the worst kind of a sinner, a religious one.

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't want to repeat myself but you leave me no choice.

The obedience of Christ which benefits the believer is not His perfectly obedient life, but His perfectly obedient death.

His life NOW -- His resurrection life -- is the life in which the believer walks, not the sinless life He walked in His earthly body.

If Jesus had not fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law, in your name and on your behalf, you would not be saved and you would still be in your sins.

Robert Pate

Banned
The past tense verb suggests Paul was referring to his previous life as Saul of Tarsus, devout Pharisee. Or do you believe Paul's statement was in the context of a new creation?

Before Paul was a Christian he was a self righteous Pharisee.

Pharisees never confess that they are sinners. You missed it again.

musterion

You're not arguing with me or JohnW, Robert. It was Paul who said it's His death and resurrection life that saves and justifies the believer, not His earthly walk.

Distinguish the two, Robert. All else will follow from that.

Otherwise, please post where Paul said it's the earthly, sinless life of Christ that saves us. While you're at it, might as well do as the Mormons and try to show that it was actually in the garden of Gethsemane where salvation was wrought. Once one starts down that road, who's to say exactly where that hair gets split?

In the meantime, 2 Cor 5:16.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Before Paul was a Christian he was a self righteous Pharisee.

Pharisees never confess that they are sinners.

Paul said he was a Pharisee, but this is evidently not one of your special select scriptures. (Acts 23:6)

And Paul confessed he was a sinner, past tense.

Robert Pate

Banned
You're not arguing with me or JohnW, Robert. It was Paul who said it's His death and resurrection life that saves and justifies the believer, not His earthly walk.

Distinguish the two, Robert. All else will follow from that.

Otherwise, please post where Paul said it's the earthly, sinless life of Christ that saves us. While you're at it, might as well do as the Mormons and try to show that it was actually in the garden of Gethsemane where salvation was wrought. Once one starts down that road, who's to say exactly where that hair gets split?

In the meantime, 2 Cor 5:16.

Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law, Matthew 5:17.

As the new Adam and humanities representative it was imperative that the law be fulfilled and abolished.

Why do you think that Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law , till all be fulfilled' Matthew 5:18.

A savior is one that does for his people what his people cannot do for themselves.

Jesus saves us by fulfilling the law for us and atoning for our sins.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said he was a Pharisee, but this is evidently not one of your special select scriptures. (Acts 23:6)

And Paul confessed he was a sinner, past tense.

There is no past tense, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all exception, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; OF WHOM I AM CHIEF" 1 Timothy 1:15.

You are in denial of the truth of the scriptures.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no past tense, "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all exception, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; OF WHOM I AM CHIEF" 1 Timothy 1:15.

You are in denial of the truth of the scriptures.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away, behold, all things have become new.
(2 Corinthians 5:17)​

Do you deny old things pass away?

But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. (Galatians 2:17-18)​

Was Paul a transgressor?

john w

Hall of Fame
You missed it John W. You make the Gospel a impersonal law based religion.

Translated: I, the unteacheable, repeller of the lost to Christ, will spam my "law based religion" cliche, which I deceitfully employ on every "thread" I start, as "filler," since I do not survey/study the details of the book.

Pathetic "post," that says NADA, with no scripture-NADA, to back it up.

All that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for our justification.

Translated: "Fuzzy" spam, that says nothing, with no back up.

Pate: This "Jesus" walked on water,.............. told everyone to observe the law, for our justification!!!!!!!!!!!

No, he did not. He fulfilled the law, to be qualified to be the propitiation, of which you have no clue.

If Jesus had not offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law no one would have been saved.

Correct, but you deceitfully conclude that His offering "to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law" was imputed, credited, to our account, as our righteousness. You were shown, chapter, verse,that the righteousness of God imputed to us is apart from the law. You made this "vicarious law keeping" up, read it on a website/church SOF, as no scripture says that. He fulfilled the law, to be qualified to be the propitiation, the satisfactory sacrifice, of which you have no clue.

What do you think a savior is?

I give!!! You bewildered me/us, Pate. Stuff your condescending trash. That does NADA for your "vicarious law keeping" satanic premise.

For the babes/sheep, to protect them from Christ repeller Pate:

Saved:To be preserved/delivered, from a danger.

We are saved from the penalty of sin("the wages of sin is death), the power of sin(sanctification), and the presence of sin(glorification-the redemption of the body).

But your question is quite irrelevant, in discussing the means by which we obtain the righteousness of God, which has NADA to do with your satanic perversion of the gospel of Christ, with this made up "vicarious law keeping" dung.

A savior does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

Correct. And? That does NADA to support your "argument," as to why He "offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law," which you say, is because His perfect law keeping is credited to our account, as our righteousness. That is false. Law keeping is just "doing what is required," and is not the bar the LORD God requires, which is................

The righteousness of God...

...as the Lord Jesus Christ is our righteousness, and He is righteous, regardless of whether He kept the law, or not(and He did), apart from the law, as we are made righteous, apart from the law-He is our righteousness.

The why He "offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law," is to satisfy the requirement to be the satisfactory sacrifice, the propitiation, the "lamb without blemish." Had you studied the details of the book, including the OT, as I do/did, re. the doctrine of "propitiation," you'd know that, Pate. But you do not, will not, explaining your made up jazz. My evidence? Your spam "posts," which are characterized primarily by assertions, w/o scripture, w/o "connecting the dots," to back up your premise("supporting walls").

Someone has to fulfill God's law. You apparently think that you can, Really dumb John W.

Correct, "Forest" Pate, but not for the devlish reason you assert, i.e., "vicarious law keeping."

You are the worst kind of a sinner, a religious one.

=his "Hail Mary" "religion" characterization spam, which he pegs on the lost/saved alike, who disagree with him, who pick his "argument" apart.

Weighty, Pate. Throw out some more sound bytes/cliches......Please???

Take your seat, Christ repeller, as you are clueless, not qualified to lead a discussion, much less teach anyone, spammer.

john w

Hall of Fame
If Jesus had not fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law, in your name and on your behalf, you would not be saved and you would still be in your sins.

"If Jesus had not fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law, in your name and on your behalf, you would not be saved and you would still be in your sins."-Pate

Vs.

"If the Lord Jesus Christ had not fulfilled all of the righteous demands of God's Holy Law,you would not be saved and you would still be in your sins."-the scripture, and testimony of those who study/survey the details of the book

Contrasts.

"in your name and on your behalf,"

Wrong. No scripture says that his perfect keeping of the law, is credited to our account, on our behalf, as our righteousness. Law keeping is not righteousness.

His "perfect keeping of the law," was for..................

Propitiation.

Pate: Is that a baseball term?

Epoisses

Jesus kept the old covenant law perfectly and the new covenant law perfectly. That's why it is called the faith of Jesus Christ because it's perfect. Even though the Pharisees accused him of breaking the law he really wasn't.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus said that he came to fulfill the law, Matthew 5:17.

As the new Adam and humanities representative it was imperative that the law be fulfilled and abolished.

Why do you think that Jesus said, "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law , till all be fulfilled' Matthew 5:18.

A savior is one that does for his people what his people cannot do for themselves.

Jesus saves us by fulfilling the law for us and atoning for our sins.

Slower, Pate, as you are engaging in rabbit trails, "create a moving target" technique. We do not disagree that the Lord Jesus Christ "said that he came to fulfill the law, Matthew 5:17." Oh.

The issue is: for what reason, so stuff your changing the argument/irrelevant premises.

You assert erroneously why He did. That is the issue/topic, so save the condescending "fillers," that are not in dispute.