The Life of Christ for the Believer

Robert Pate

Banned
Made up-no scripture says that.

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Wake up John. You are in denial of the Gospel.

If Jesus has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then all that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for us and was done in our name and on our behalf.

Prizebeatz1

"Our true divine Identity?" We are all sinners saved by grace (God's unmerited favor).

That's one way to see it but it neglects the fact that our in most essential core is pure divine love....the same substance of God. We don't have to exclusively identify with our sinfulness. We don't have to keep biting on the fruit of judgment all the time. My advice is to take one bite when necessary and put it down when we're done.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
That's one way to see it but it neglects the fact that our in most essential core is pure divine love....the same substance of God. We don't have to exclusively identify with our sinfulness. We don't have to keep biting on the fruit of judgment all the time. My advice is to take one bite when necessary and put it down when we're done.

You have divine love? Paul confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Prizebeatz1

You have divine love? Paul confessed that he was "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Yes we are divine love at our deepest roots. If we identify with the sinful part of us then that is all we will know. The enemy doesn't want us to know that we are not rotten all through to the core. That guarantees we stay stuck with this limited sense of self when in fact we are infinite beings.

njspolk

Before the Fall God created us with the same stuff of the Trinity. We were created in the imago dei and when we sinned against God, we lost sight of our wholeness as the Image of God. Christ died so that we could rediscover our wholeness, divinity, divine love roots etc. Humanity has always been whole. Sin has just crept in and made us blind. It is through the Crucifixion that we can remove sin from our eyes and see the Truth

Prizebeatz1

Before the Fall God created us with the same stuff of the Trinity. We were created in the imago dei and when we sinned against God, we lost sight of our wholeness as the Image of God. Christ died so that we could rediscover our wholeness, divinity, divine love roots etc. Humanity has always been whole. Sin has just crept in and made us blind. It is through the Crucifixion that we can remove sin from our eyes and see the Truth

Very very very very close. You have a deep perspective. From my experience Christ actually turned into the entire expanse of the universe. This took on all the properties of what I had previously attributed to Jesus. I had personal healings and miracles and started to feel connected to a dimension that I never knew existed. It wasn't until much later when I reflected and wondered why my experience was so similar to the story of Jesus that I put 2 and 2 together and I knew the story was a metaphor pertaining to something much bigger and better than I ever thought anything could be. I found the story of Christ is a playful representation of the human soul. Jesus can be seen as the personification of this part of us. The purity of a virgin, the miraculousness, the agony of being misunderstood, rejected and buried yet it lives on.. God gave us a part of him and we are one with God because of this. The soul is infinite and eternal because he who has seen it has seen the Father. What more convincing does one need?

This Christ is real I tell you. It is so real it makes this reality seem like a cartoon. Not trying to make anyone wrong about their viewpoint but I am saying there is a much higher meaning to Jesus Christ than what is commonly understood. Again this is one view out of many. I don't expect anyone to believe me until they try it for themselves.

njspolk

Very very very very close. You have a deep perspective. From my experience Christ actually turned into the entire expanse of the universe. This took on all the properties of what I had previously attributed to Jesus. I had personal healings and miracles and started to feel connected to a dimension that I never knew existed. It wasn't until much later when I reflected and wondered why my experience was so similar to the story of Jesus that I put 2 and 2 together and I knew the story was a metaphor pertaining to something much bigger and better than I ever thought anything could be. I found the story of Christ is a playful representation of the human soul. Jesus can be seen as the personification of this part of us. The purity of a virgin, the miraculousness, the agony of being misunderstood, rejected and buried yet it lives on.. God gave us a part of him and we are one with God because of this. The soul is infinite and eternal because he who has seen it has seen the Father. What more convincing does one need?

This Christ is real I tell you. It is so real it makes this reality seem like a cartoon. Not trying to make anyone wrong about their viewpoint but I am saying there is a much higher meaning to Jesus Christ than what is commonly understood. Again this is one view out of many. I don't expect anyone to believe me until they try it for themselves.

This is so dead on. I would say that when speaking about Christ in the expanse of the universe, which is absolutely accurate, I would watch out for Pantheism or clarify that you're not talking about Pantheism. Part of the mystery of Christ, the Logos is the paradox of being Other and One with Creation. Since we're here to sharpen one another and all that :) I really enjoy and appreciate your input, sir. And everyone else's input as well!

musterion

This life of Christ that offers everything to God that the law demands. This life that is perfect in word and deed, this is our life; it is the life that God imputes to us. The scripture says that Abraham believed that God and was able to do that which he had promised and it was imputed to him for righteousness, Romans 4:21, 22. This righteousness that was imputed to Abraham was the righteous life of Christ. "So by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous" Romans 5:19.

And what exactly was the nature of His obedience by which the believer is made righteous?

And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Prizebeatz1

The Life of Christ for the Believer

This is so dead on. I would say that when speaking about Christ in the expanse of the universe, which is absolutely accurate, I would watch out for Pantheism or clarify that you're not talking about Pantheism. Part of the mystery of Christ, the Logos is the paradox of being Other and One with Creation. Since we're here to sharpen one another and all that :) I really enjoy and appreciate your input, sir. And everyone else's input as well!

Yes there are those who will label, critique, define, dissect and try to study this phenomenon but when you experience the way it makes you feel, trust me you will not care at all if it is pantheism or Catholicism or whatever. Thanks for listening.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yes there are those who will label, critique, define, dissect and try to study this phenomenon but when you experience the way it makes you feel, trust me you will not care at all if it is pantheism or Catholicism or whatever. Thanks for listening.

Much of your view comes strictly from your feelings

john w

Hall of Fame
Maybe you think that you can fulfill God's Holy Law.

Quite irrelevant, as the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled/kept the law, to meet the requirements to be the propitiation-satisfactory sacrifice-the "lamb without blemish."

And those who are united to Christ,"in Christ," baptized(identified)into his death, are considered "dead," not subject to the jurisdiction of the law.

I forgiven murderer, thief, rapist......................is still a murderer, thief, rapist.

Not murdering, not stealing, not raping...................observing the law, is "just doing what is required."

Needed? Memorize:

The righteousness of God, not just "doing what is required," "fulfilling God's Holy Law."

You need to take your seat, and learn, from humble teachers, such as myself, Pate, who study the details of the book.

Forgiveness is not justification, and observing the law, certainly does not meet the requirement set forth, by a holy LORD God-and that's right.....Wait for it....Yes... that's right-memorize:

The righteousness of God

john w

Hall of Fame
Wake up John. You are in denial of the Gospel.

If Jesus has reconciled us to God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then all that Jesus was and all that Jesus did was for us and was done in our name and on our behalf.

What a mess.

Made up-no scripture says what you spam, re. this "vicarious lawkeeping.".

Romans 3:21 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

And reconciliation, Pate is not justification=we are reconciled by his death, a "pre-req" to justification, but/and are saved by His life-His resurrected life, not His life of obedience, when He walked on earth:

Romans 5:10 KJV

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

"You are in denial of the Gospel."-Pate

Those are tough words, you windbag,as puffed up as a bullfrog, in heat, who has an unteacheable "spirit," which explains why the lost/members of the boc, alike, disdain, and laugh at you, and understand the only "spirit" in you, is demonic, and the spirit of Johnny Walker Red.

So there.

You repel people from the gospel of Christ, as you misinform them, not studying the details of the book,but, instead, you merely spam your church SOF "what we believe"'s.

john w

Hall of Fame
Romans 10:3 KJV - Romans 1:17 KJV - Romans 3:5 KJV -

The Lord Jesus Christ is our righteousness, and He is/was righteous, regardless of whether He kept the law, or not, as it is written:

1 Corinthians 1:30 KJV

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: