Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
because i say so syndrome

because i say so syndrome

Cayce taught another Jesus.

Evidence?

I read a lot of his stuff in the past because I was into the occult.

So have I, and the highest moral ethical teachings of Jesus are espoused. 'Occult' simply means 'hidden, secret, mysterious, esoteric'. Jesus connection with the Essenes is also significant.

He thought he was getting information from God, but he was getting information from devils.

You'll have to provide evidence for your claim beyond "because I say so".

pj

Daniel1611

So much has been imposed on Jesus from a blood-atonement perspective, yet his own teachings do not require such, but a true repentance and returning to God. That is all that is essential. Bloodshed is unnecessary. Paul adopted atonement themes from various sources (Judaism, mystery religions, mythology, his own revelations, etc.)

See and follow all links:

No need for blood (Orthodox Jewish view)

Eucharist and blood-atonement

Atonement (textbook)

pj

YOU say atonement was imposed on Jesus. In the records we have of his life and words, HE claimed to be giving his life as a ransom for the world. Because you want to think being "moral" will save you, you need to take away Jesus' part. That's works salvation. People want to be proud and say they repented, they are moral, etc. There is none righteous. There is none that doeth good. No, not one.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I haven't read a whole lot of the Urantia book,

The challenge shared earlier is offered to you as well.....read at least the first 5 papers and see for yourself the primary teaching on God, the most fundamental principle of one's theology, if you would educate yourself about that which you are making presumptions about. Otherwise you are unqualified to engage the subject here.

but from what I understand it says Jesus' death was not an atonement for sin. Therefore, it is a false book.

Challenging a false and unnecessary belief is a gesture in support of truth.

Further, I don't believe in revelation of new doctrine anyway.

So you deny the concept of progressive revelation, which leaves you with a golden calf of the past, a form of idolatry. Truth is living....dynamic. The Spirit is ever leading, guiding, teaching.

pj

Daniel1611

I don't have the time or ambition to read the urantia book. I've read tons of new age stuff in my life. I know all the garbage they print and its all the same. It's all about how people are powerful and can work their way to heaven and how Jesus isn't our atonement. It's all trash and I don't have the desire to read any more charlatan new age garbage.

Daniel1611

He's given you evidence and you've ignored it.
No. The highest He taught was His Blood. It means demonic to Christians, who are familiar with Truth. Lies can't fool someone who is the light of the world.

This is important. I used to be into the occult so I know what it is. But even if you never actually read the stuff, you don't have to to know it's all lies. If you know the truth, you will recognize lies without having to study them. If you know the truth that Jesus is the lamb once slain for all, you don't need to read Urantia to know its a lie. If you know it says Jesus' death didn't atone for the sins of the world, you know it's a lie.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is important. I used to be into the occult so I know what it is. But even if you never actually read the stuff, you don't have to to know it's all lies. If you know the truth, you will recognize lies without having to study them. If you know the truth that Jesus is the lamb once slain for all, you don't need to read Urantia to know its a lie. If you know it says Jesus' death didn't atone for the sins of the world, you know it's a lie.

From the bible:

Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

Luke 7:48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

No blood was needed in these cases yet we read:

Hebrews 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

journey

The Urantia book came from angelic like beings who were with Jesus while he was on the earth. We now have the entire life story of Jesus.

I don't believe this, and there's no reason that you should either. The urantia book is nothing but a fictional novel. There is no new revelation at all, just junk.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe this, and there's no reason that you should either. The urantia book is nothing but a fictional novel. There is no new revelation at all, just junk.

It's ok that you don't believe it, you haven't even read it, so that says more about your ignorant way of assessing things than it does about the UB.

There are many other threads on TOL with the thousands of different Christian doctrines that you can hate people on, you don't have to come here.

journey

It's ok that you don't believe it, you haven't even read it, so that says more about your ignorant way of assessing things than it does about the UB.

There are many other threads on TOL with the thousands of different Christian doctrines that you can hate people on, you don't have to come here.

I don't hate anyone. Innocent people need to be warned about the urantia book, and I will continue to do just that. You have been duped into believing the urantia book, so you obviously lack common sense. I know all that I need to know about the false cult surrounding urantia. And, I must say that the materials are a joke. Some people will buy almost anything.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I haven't read the whole Koran either, or the whole book of Mormon but I know they're false.

I have read the bible and listened to the Christian preachers, I never did believe what the Hebrew government rewrote about their history while they were in Babylon. I don't believe God lead the Jews to kill women and children or do the terrible things he is accused of in the OT books.

I do believe the UB, it makes much more sense to me and sounds much more believable. The God revealed in the UB is much more like the God revealed by Jesus. I believe the original gospel of Jesus before it changed.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't hate anyone. Innocent people need to be warned about the urantia book, and I will continue to do just that. You have been duped into believing the urantia book, so you obviously lack common sense. I know all that I need to know about the false cult surrounding urantia. And, I must say that the materials are a joke. Some people will buy almost anything.

You haven't read the UB, I will continue to remind people that you act just like the enemies of Jesus did. You should learn more about Jesus in the bible.

Aimiel

They loved the counterfeit, just as you do. Those of us who know the REAL One True God recognize a counterfeit. We don't follow the voice of a stranger. Jebus, who is the god of Urantia, is a stranger to us. He is familiar to you. It is a demon spirit. It is NOT from above.

journey

You haven't read the UB, I will continue to remind people that you act just like the enemies of Jesus did. You should learn more about Jesus in the bible.

I know Jesus - you don't. You won't get to know Him through comic books like the ub. You want something that paints God the way you want Him to be instead of what He actually is. You might as well go ahead and say that you like the god (little "g") that the urantia paints better than the God (Big "G") that the Holy Bible paints. Remember - the ub is fiction and false while the Holy Bible is non-fiction and TRUE.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
learning first.........

learning first.........

I don't have the time or ambition to read the urantia book. I've read tons of new age stuff in my life. I know all the garbage they print and its all the same.

No matter your presumption, you are disqualified from offering an informed opinion about a text you haven't acquainted yourself with, spouting from a position of bigotry and ignorance. The challenge was to have the intellectual fortitude and honesty to read/consider at least the first 5 papers or more( I usually recommend the first 12 papers) to know the 'first principles' on God's nature and relationship to creation so you could actually engage a discussion on it. If you can't do that much you're wasting everyone's time here, merely trolling the thread.

It's all about how people are powerful and can work their way to heaven and how Jesus isn't our atonement. It's all trasnh and I don't have the desire to read any more charlatan new age garbage.

More presumptions, false equivocations, generalizations and "because I say so" claims. You have nothing but presuppositions. Readers here can see thru various guises and draw their own conclusions from the evidence of the work letting it speak for itself. Knowledge whether allegorical, mythological or figurative is still interpreted in principle, value and meaning, this going for any religious writing or revelation.

56:10.20 To finite man truth, beauty, and goodness embrace the full revelation of divinity reality. As this love-comprehension of Deity finds spiritual expression in the lives of God-knowing mortals, there are yielded the fruits of divinity: intellectual peace, social progress, moral satisfaction, spiritual joy, and cosmic wisdom. The advanced mortals on a world in the seventh stage of light and life have learned that love is the greatest thing in the universe—and they know that God is love.

56:10.21 Love is the desire to do good to others.

Paper 56, Universal Unity

pj

journey

By the way, my fee for evaluating comic books like the ub is $100 per hour - payable in advance - 10 hour minimum.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

In that case, why don't you put down the "Uraunchy Book" and
start reading the Bible? Sorry to see you back, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.