The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

It is impossible to please God without faith. We must believe that he rewards those who look for him. Faith comes from hearing the word, from learning about Jesus, from being convinced, and persuaded. They who wrote down the gospel, they did so by the command of God that we may believe and obey, to have our eyes opened. Everything in the past was written in the Old Testament to teach us, to give us hope. We have access to grace by faith. Through this faith, we have been justified, and God credits us with righteousness. We are to hold on to our courage and the hope, we are to stand firm and hold fast to the teachings. We are to believe without wavering, and God strengthens us in our faith. The good works of believers produce faith in others. Believers teach faith to their children, and to their children. We all engaged in impurity, but we did not come to know Christ while we were indulging in impurity, but rather while we heard of him and learned. We have hope of eternal life, we hope for the redemption of our bodies, for in this hope we turn to God and are saved. We draw near to God because of a better hope given us. Faith is confidence in what we hope for; faith is assurance about what we do not see.

Truster

It is impossible to please God without faith. We must believe that he rewards those who look for him. Faith comes from hearing the word, from learning about Jesus, from being convinced, and persuaded. They who wrote down the gospel, they did so by the command of God that we may believe and obey, to have our eyes opened. Everything in the past was written in the Old Testament to teach us, to give us hope. We have access to grace by faith. Through this faith, we have been justified, and God credits us with righteousness. We are to hold on to our courage and the hope, we are to stand firm and hold fast to the teachings. We are to believe without wavering, and God strengthens us in our faith. The good works of believers produce faith in others. Believers teach faith to their children, and to their children. We all engaged in impurity, but we did not come to know Christ while we were indulging in impurity, but rather while we heard of him and learned. We have hope of eternal life, we hope for the redemption of our bodies, for in this hope we turn to God and are saved. We draw near to God because of a better hope given us. Faith is confidence in what we hope for; faith is assurance about what we do not see.

That has to be one of the most confused statements I have ever seen.

God's Truth

That has to be one of the most confused statements I have ever seen.

It is scripture personalized without the references.

You also think the Bible is confusing. That is how Satan has ensnared you.

Obey Jesus, and then you will get understanding.

Would you like the scripture reference that says that?

God's Truth

Tell me, Truster, which scripture says that God makes us believe by first giving us the Holy Spirit?

You believe things that are not even there. How is it then that you think your judgment of me is truth?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I am not arminian.

You have been misled to believe falseness about God's word.

Read what I have to say, and speak according to what I write. Do not read what I post and then merely repeat what your teachers have taught you.

Read what I write here and try to show me where I am wrong.

God does not say unbelievers by making them believe against their will. God does not make people believe without their wanting or knowing.

Show one scripture that says God saves people without their wanting.

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11. In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul says that God made the prophetic writings known so that all nations might believe and obey. So again, the word of God tells us that faith comes from hearing. Here are more scriptures that explain how we have to HEAR the message that saves: Acts 8:31: 10:14; 11:14; 16:31; John 9:36; Ephesians 1:13; 4:21; Titus 1:3; Colossians 1:5; 1:23.

We have been JUSTIFIED THROUGH FAITH. Through Jesus, we have GAINED ACCESS TO GRACE BY FAITH, see Romans 5:1, 2. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe, see Romans 3:22. Through faith we have been justified, and we are credited with righteousness for believing. Romans 4:20-24 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. This is why "it was credited to him as righteousness." The words "it was credited to him" were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness---for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.

See 1 Thessalonians 1:3, We continually remember before our God and Father YOUR WORK PRODUCED FAITH, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Believers TEACH FAITH to their children and this passes down to the children of their children. 2 Timothy 1:5 I have been reminded of your sincere faith which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Deuteronomy 6:1 These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to TEACH you…

6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

For everything that was written in the past was WRITTEN TO TEACH us, so that THROUGH THE ENDURANCE TAUGHT IN THE SCRIPTURES and the ENCOURAGEMENT THEY PROVIDE we might have HOPE. See Romans 15:4, 5.

John 20:30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are WRITTEN that you may BELIEVE that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by BELIEVING you may have life in his name.

We did not come to know Christ while we were indulging in impurity. The change in our lifestyle shows that...we came to know Christ when we HEARD of him and were TAUGHT, with regard to our former way of life, to put off our old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of our minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. See Ephesians 4:18-24.

But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, IF we HOLD ON TO OUR COURAGE and the HOPE of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6.

So then, brothers and sisters, STAND FIRM and HOLD FAST to the TEACHINGS we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. See 2 Thessalonians 2:15-17.

Paul warns and encourages us in Hebrews 3:6, 2 Thessalonians, and Colossians 1:23 to continue in our faith, to make it established and firm… God does not force us to love and want him!

We have hope because of Jesus’ words--telling us we are no longer excluded Gentiles, no longer excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, no longer are we without HOPE and without God in the world, see Ephesians 2:12.

See Titus 1:2; and, 3:7. We have HOPE of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time.

We long for an immortal physical body, we desire, we hope for the redemption of our bodies. For in this HOPE we turn to God and are saved. See Romans 8:23-25.

Through Jesus, we believe in God, because God raised Jesus from the dead and glorified him--So our FAITH and HOPE are in God. Read 1 Peter 1:21. We too want eternal life.

We DRAW near to God because of a better HOPE given us than that of the law; we hope in the perfection we receive through Jesus. See Hebrews 7:18, 19.

Now FAITH is CONFIDENCE in what we HOPE for and assurance about what we do not see. Read Hebrews 11:1.

Shorten this pls.

If you were going down the highway and down the road and I blocked the road with my car, I made you take a detour. Lo be hold, my goodness, I wouldn't dare even think about making you take the detour. my goodness no ! I would effect your free will. You're perfectly welcome to smash your car into my car if you like. I arranged this blocking so you would take the detour. I did it by arranging circumstances that effect your actions.
God arranges circumstances around the persons life. God will put a wall in front of you and you will turn right or left or up or down or stay there. God isn't making you go through the wall. He don't bother to try cause you have no abilty to good through it anyway. Silly to even spark an idea of that abilty. You quote all that when you have no idea who God is. He arranged things so the Elect would be saved. Thats the plan.

You can stop here and start with the next line and go from there: Salvation is 100% by God; 0% by our own works, merit, or deservedness !

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Where does this fit or don't fit along with Urantia?:
--------------------------------
" The perfect Dao is without difficulty, save that it avoids picking
and choosing. Only when you stop liking and disliking will all be
clearly understood. A split hair's difference, and heaven and earth
are set apart! If you want to get the plain truth, be not concerned
with right and wrong. The conflict between right and wrong is the
sickness of the mind."
--------------------------

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
the Tao of the Spirit

the Tao of the Spirit

Where does this fit or don't fit along with Urantia?:
--------------------------------
" The perfect Dao is without difficulty, save that it avoids picking
and choosing. Only when you stop liking and disliking will all be
clearly understood. A split hair's difference, and heaven and earth
are set apart! If you want to get the plain truth, be not concerned
with right and wrong. The conflict between right and wrong is the
sickness of the mind."
--------------------------

The papers give a synopsis on the primary religious traditions of our world branching out from Melchizedek here and Ganid gives a description of those religious traditions existing at the time of Jesus here. See those sections on Taoism.

The papers as a whole do not teach an esoteric kind of non-dualism common in eastern traditions but a faith-religion centered in one universal God, the Universal Father of all...later fulfilled by the gospel of Jesus centered in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man. The entire cosmology of the revelation naturally includes both non-dualistic and dualistic aspects of reality.

I had a thread on Taoism and Non-duality, - a new thread on the latter may be forthcoming focusing on the Advaita Vedanta school yet including all forms of non-dualism.

pj

God's Truth

Shorten this pls.

If you were going down the highway and down the road and I blocked the road with my car, I made you take a detour. Lo be hold, my goodness, I wouldn't dare even think about making you take the detour. my goodness no ! I would effect your free will. You're perfectly welcome to smash your car into my car if you like. I arranged this blocking so you would take the detour. I did it by arranging circumstances that effect your actions.
God arranges circumstances around the persons life. God will put a wall in front of you and you will turn right or left or up or down or stay there. God isn't making you go through the wall. He don't bother to try cause you have no abilty to good through it anyway. Silly to even spark an idea of that abilty. You quote all that when you have no idea who God is. He arranged things so the Elect would be saved. Thats the plan.

You can stop here and start with the next line and go from there: Salvation is 100% by God; 0% by our own works, merit, or deservedness !

It is our choice if we are going to accept God, or reject Him---no matter what our life circumstances.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
It is our choice if we are going to accept God, or reject Him---no matter what our life circumstances.

God sparked my will and inspired me to believe. no spark, no fire. Spark first then fire. regeneration precedes faith. Not fire makes spark. God is my sparkplug. This is my circumstances and that has always matter to me.
Maybe God's not arranging anything for you. You may not be in His plan.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
freedom of choice

freedom of choice

Shorten this pls.

Without getting into complications between Calvinism/Arminianism, the papers explain a wonderful synthesis and cooperation between divine providence and creature free will, maintaining that divine providence respects the sovereignty of individual free will. Granted of course, the divine love and will eternally provides for the best most appropriate circumstances and opportunities in every moment for the soul's learning, progress and ascension. In the grant of real freedom of choice, it must include the determinative power of both self-survival and possible self-destruction....hence it is possible for some souls to forfeit survival and undergo disintegration. We've covered this previously.

Readers are welcome to use the 'Search this thread' feature to look for subjects that may have already been covered here.

A wonderful paper is 118 on time-space relationships here. Woven thru-out are descriptions touching on divine providence and free will. It follows that divine love provides all that it possibly can for all souls at every moment while only God alone can judge and know if a soul has made a final and eternal choice of self-destruction thru the total embrace of iniquity, this being the 'second death'.

I've been more of a Universalist at heart and still have such leanings, however.....If souls can by their own choice choose death, then the papers explanation is tenable. I reject the traditional-orthodox concept of ECT (eternal conscious torment....in hell-fire) treating the subject here.

I also recommend discussion be returned to the papers themselves on the various religious subjects therein as this thread has been soiled enough by antagonists. The OP and the entire thread provides much for those interested in discussion, amply at that.

Thank you,

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
"When they had finished breakfast, and while the others sat by the fire, Jesus beckoned to Peter and to John that they should come with him for a stroll on the beach. As they walked along, Jesus said to John, “John, do you love me?” And when John answered, “Yes, Master, with all my heart,” the Master said: “Then, John, give up your intolerance and learn to love men as I have loved you. Devote your life to proving that love is the greatest thing in the world. It is the love of God that impels men to seek salvation. Love is the ancestor of all spiritual goodness, the essence of the true and the beautiful.” UB1955

Aimiel

"When they had finished breakfast, and while the others sat by the fire, Jesus beckoned to Peter and to John that they should come with him for a stroll on the beach. As they walked along, Jesus said to John, “John, do you love me?” And when John answered, “Yes, Master, with all my heart,” the Master said: “Then, John, give up your intolerance and learn to love men as I have loved you. Devote your life to proving that love is the greatest thing in the world. It is the love of God that impels men to seek salvation. Love is the ancestor of all spiritual goodness, the essence of the true and the beautiful.” UB1955

Pure fiction. Even though the Urantia baloney might teach every truth available in Scripture, mis-representations make it into a book of COMPLETE LIES.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Pure fiction. Even though the Urantia baloney might teach every truth available in Scripture, mis-representations make it into a book of COMPLETE LIES.

There is a new revelation, it has much more information than the bible books. I don't believe a lot of things that the Hebrew government wrote about God in the old Testament. I like the Urantia book much better, it makes more sense to me.

Aimiel

The Urantia book is about Jebus, NOT Jesus. The false god it describes doesn't even exist, no matter how well the words were designed scratch your itching ears. You're under the tutelage of a demon spirit when you read this tripe.

journey

The Urantia book is about Jebus, NOT Jesus. The false god it describes doesn't even exist, no matter how well the words were designed scratch your itching ears. You're under the tutelage of a demon spirit when you read this tripe.

I agree completely.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

I think it does a much better job than the Bible. Maybe you are jealous and frustrated that you can't control? I don't have any faith in your Satan or demons.

Aimiel

You don't have to, since they obviously believe in you. Placing faith in demonic doctrine that tramples Jesus blood underfoot shows where your loyalties are.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
truth be told......

truth be told......

Greetings all,

Beginning with the OP and thru-out the thread, readers have been given ample info. and resources about the Urantia Papers to have at least a precursory knowledge of the material, its origin, contents, cosmology, theology.....how it corroborates and differs from traditional orthodox Christianity, etc.

Individuals such as the one above and others have been 'served' repeatedly as to a proper understanding and context to which the papers speak, correcting errors, misconceptions and other biased and ignorant assumptions made condescendingly, not having read or studied the contents for themselves. Therefore the thread has endured much trolling unfortunately, yet many can benefit from informative exchanges shared therein, exercising their own intuitive faculties and intelligence. Trolling doesn't qualify as an intelligent step in that direction, reflecting retardation instead of progress.

Persons can do their own research and make up their own minds, ....inquire, explore, engage...civilly, respectively. Over 2,000 pages (196 papers total) makes for plenty of discussion-material.

Divine truth and beauty (Paper 2, The Nature of God)

pj

Aimiel

Beginning with the OP and thru-out the thread, readers have been given ample info. and resources about the Urantia Papers to have at least a precursory knowledge of the material, its origin, contents, cosmology, theology.....how it corroborates and differs from traditional orthodox Christianity, etc.
I'll say. It is VERY different. Christianity is founded upon Christ's Blood and opposes Satan. Urantia is founded upon Satan and opposes Christ's Blood.
Individuals such as the one above and others have been 'served' repeatedly as to a proper understanding and context to which the papers speak, correcting errors, misconceptions and other biased and ignorant assumptions made condescendingly, not having read or studied the contents for themselves.
Your opinion is noted but isn't the Truth.
Therefore the thread has endured much trolling unfortunately, yet many can benefit from informative exchanges shared therein, exercising their own intuitive faculties and intelligence.
The ones who benefit from Urantia are as fictional as every story represented in the papers.
Trolling doesn't qualify as an intelligent step in that direction, reflecting retardation instead of progress.
I know you are... but what am I?
Persons can do their own research and make up their own minds, ....inquire, explore, engage...civilly, respectively.
Those who post demonic doctrine as if it is from God deserve more than mere ridicule and an argumentative opposition... they deserve their fate in hell. Except they repent they will perish there. Repent!!!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
have you guys heard of edgar cayce ? he has writings on metaphysical concepts, soul sojourns and the story of Jesus Christ all in one book

Status
Not open for further replies.