The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
freelight, people are pickin on you, you need the Bible, i've read other books that speak of another way. it may have opened my mind at the time but i saw it as fiction in the end. everyone wants to give a different version of the Holy Bible cuz it's the all-time best seller, i would read that as entertainment and always walk in the Word . if i read anything like that i always keep the Bible in mind. i don't mind discussing things like this and enjoy sharing thoughts. i like to relate to people in some way

Aimiel

have you guys heard of edgar cayce ? he has writings on metaphysical concepts, soul sojourns and the story of Jesus Christ all in one book
You don't follow the occult in order to find The One True God. He doesn't work in shadows and trickery.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
misplaced agreements......

misplaced agreements......

I agree completely.

But your 'agreement' is biased, based on assumptions and ignorance, since you've only 'skimmed' over some of the material without applying a fair effort of study-time to thoughtfully read at least the most significant parts of it.

Also the previous challenge to your criticism of the UB here stands, proposing an honest reading of at least the first 5 papers. If you can't do that much to engage in an informed discussion of the actual text, then you're simply trolling the thread. Agreeing with others equally dubious in their approach helps nothing towards the conversation.

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You don't follow the occult in order to find The One True God. He doesn't work in shadows and trickery.

no, your right aimiel, that's why i stress fiction is what it is, if it's FOLLOWED as a replacement for God and Jesus occult and idolatry. i like to know a bit about the stuff to be aware and warn others. i go about it a different way perhaps

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Edgar Cayce

Edgar Cayce

have you guys heard of edgar cayce ? he has writings on metaphysical concepts, soul sojourns and the story of Jesus Christ all in one book

Hi pj,

See this page here in our Reincarnation thread ( my posts red highlights).....2 referring to Cayce's work. We also had a thread on whether Cayce was a true prophet or not, but it's no longer extant.

The Cayce material corroborates very well with the UB material in spiritual principles, meanings and values. One main difference is the UB does not teach the reincarnation concept espoused by Cayce, the eastern religions or traditional new-age schools....but the religious morals, ethics and truths of one's relationship with God and others is essentially the same.

pj

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
yes, very interesting. i go through various thought processes that require differing lengths of time. nothing mysterious or divine but my background enables me to think like a detective or a lawyer and i meditate on things and work it out. in the end nobody knows everything, they just act like they do. i am not going to read that book but i will check your threads and talk with you about them more.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
read online........

read online........

yes, very interesting. i go through various thought processes that require differing lengths of time. nothing mysterious or divine but my background enables me to think like a detective or a lawyer and i meditate on things and work it out. in the end nobody knows everything, they just act like they do. i am not going to read that book but i will check your threads and talk with you about them more.

Wonderful. Remember this thread is about the UB, the proposals made earlier apply to all newbies to the material, recommending a thoughtful reading of the first 5 papers (at least) on the nature of God and his relationship with creation. Papers there on out cover all aspects of reality, earth history, science, philosophy, theology, in its own unique terms, context and cosmology. Readers have a nice archive here in the thread to consult, refer to and study if interested.

Urantia Book Introduction

pj

journey

But your 'agreement' is biased, based on assumptions and ignorance, since you've only 'skimmed' over some of the material without applying a fair effort of study-time to thoughtfully read at least the most significant parts of it.

Also the previous challenge to your criticism of the UB here stands, proposing an honest reading of at least the first 5 papers. If you can't do that much to engage in an informed discussion of the actual text, then you're simply trolling the thread. Agreeing with others equally dubious in their approach helps nothing towards the conversation.

pj

Same answer:

Originally Posted by journey

Marketing is the biggest problem for the urantia book. It should have been marketed as science fiction, even though some portions would be more appropriate as comic books (i.e. the urantia invaders).

Daniel1611

Cayce taught another Jesus. I read a lot of his stuff in the past because I was into the occult. He thought he was getting information from God, but he was getting information from devils.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Cayce taught another Jesus. I read a lot of his stuff in the past because I was into the occult. He thought he was getting information from God, but he was getting information from devils.

Are the Jews wrong to reject Jesus' gospel? They also use the bible idol to discredit Jesus, they also said all the same things about Jesus that frightened people say about the urantia revelation. Because of the idolatry of scripture worship, the Jews are not allowed to think outside of the box.

The Urantia book came from angelic like beings who were with Jesus while he was on the earth. We now have the entire life story of Jesus.

Daniel1611

Are the Jews wrong to reject Jesus' gospel? They also use the bible idol to discredit Jesus, they also said all the same things about Jesus that frightened people say about the urantia revelation. Because of the idolatry of scripture worship, the Jews are not allowed to think outside of the box.

The Urantia book came from angelic like beings who were with Jesus while he was on the earth. We now have the entire life story of Jesus.

I haven't read a whole lot of the Urantia book, but from what I understand it says Jesus' death was not an atonement for sin. Therefore, it is a false book. Further, I don't believe in revelation of new doctrine anyway.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

What did ub say about Jesus missing years during His teens?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I haven't read a whole lot of the Urantia book, but from what I understand it says Jesus' death was not an atonement for sin. Therefore, it is a false book. Further, I don't believe in revelation of new doctrine anyway.

Killing Jesus was a sin, Jesus himself taught that rejecting his message and murdering him was wrong and that the Jews were going to pay a price for doing that. What you have been taught is Pagan Rome's interpretation of the cross, they already had a religion of human sacrifice, blood drinking and flesh eating.

Jesus had already been teaching that God was forgiving, that real repentance and faith in God was the entrance to salvation, not human sacrifice.

In my theology Jesus submitted to death by his own power, it was the Fathers will for Jesus to pass through all that man passes through and do it while maintaining faith. Jesus then resurrected a likeness of his mortal body and appeared to believers.

Jesus never taught that forgiveness was conditional to human sacrifice........but the Pagans already did. Judaism rejected Jesus' gospel, the Pagan world adopted a modified version of it.

I believe in Jesus before the cross, I would never kill him as a sacrifice to my God, rather I repent and confess my own sins and now dedicate my life to doing Gods will; hence my salvation is real not merely theoretical.

Daniel1611

Jesus prophesied that he would die for the sins of many. The Urantia book removes atonement from the crucifixion, therefore it is an antichrist book. Again, there is no new revelation of doctrine so the writers of Urantia either made it up or got it from familiar spirits of some sort.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus prophesied that he would die for the sins of many. The Urantia book removes atonement from the crucifixion, therefore it is an antichrist book. Again, there is no new revelation of doctrine so the writers of Urantia either made it up or got it from familiar spirits of some sort.

Not only was killing Jesus a sin, sin was already forgiven by faith. Jesus didn't teach "Christ and him crucified." He taught the gospel of the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus teaching about being rejected and killed:

‘They will respect my son.’ But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him. “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?” They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.” Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures​

Killing Jesus was wicked, but people of the Pagan atonement doctrine need Jesus killed.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
seriously.......

seriously.......

Same answer:

Originally Posted by journey

Marketing is the biggest problem for the urantia book. It should have been marketed as science fiction, even though some portions would be more appropriate as comic books (i.e. the urantia invaders).

You haven't the intellectual fortitude (so far) to take the simple challenge so remain ignorant .....or prove what is fiction or comic-book material in the first 5 chapters. You have nothing to contribute to the discussion until you accept that most elementary requirement besides an education of the basics.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
blood free atonement......

blood free atonement......

Paul didn't make up the atonement doctrine. Jesus said he came to give his life as a ransom for many.

So much has been imposed on Jesus from a blood-atonement perspective, yet his own teachings do not require such, but a true repentance and returning to God. That is all that is essential. Bloodshed is unnecessary. Paul adopted atonement themes from various sources (Judaism, mystery religions, mythology, his own revelations, etc.)

See and follow all links:

No need for blood (Orthodox Jewish view)

Eucharist and blood-atonement

Atonement (truthbook)

pj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.