ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

There is no need Jerry. God is doing entirely different things since the Gospel arrived. There is no 'other' program; God is not a liar for doing so. Acts 2:30 even says that the enthronement of Messiah which David foresaw was the Resurrection of Christ.

If we are to believe you then we must believe that even though the LORD made a promise to David concerning the land He will not fulfill that promise. But that idea is contradicted by what is said here:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"
(Ps.89:3,33-35).​

If you are right then we must believe that even though the LORD made a promise to David He reneged on that promise--despite the fact that He said that He will do no such thing.

You prove that you would rather cling to your discredited theology even if it makes the LORD a liar.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you stand before the judgment seat of the Lord Jesus!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You make my case, the people in the land now are not the people of God.

Your verses prove that.

LA

So it is impossible that in the future the LORD will change their hearts?:

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ez.36:24-26).​

Do you think that the LORD will say that He will do those things and then not do them? Your assertion is based on the assumption that He won't do those things.

Sure but that does not mean the gathering of them today is the gathering God promised because they must be converted before He gathers them.

Deu 30:1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,
Deu 30:2 And shalt return unto the LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
Deu 30:3 That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.

It is impossible that they of whom He speaks be converted after the return of Christ because--

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also--

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ez.36:24-26).

This gathering began after Israel was in Babylon the first time, and sure to His Word God put His Spirit in them beginning at Pentecost as this prophecy below has been occurring ever since, experienced by every Christian--

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Mal 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

I know you will stumble over that, but unless Christ id refining you then you are not His.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also--

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ez.36:24-26).

This gathering began after Israel was in Babylon the first time, and sure to His Word God put His Spirit in them beginning at Pentecost as this prophecy below has been occurring ever since, experienced by every Christian--

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Mal 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

I know you will stumble over that, but unless Christ is refining you then you are not His.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Sure but that does not mean the gathering of them today is the gathering God promised because they must be converted before He gathers them.

So you admit that in the future the LORD has plans for ethnic Israel?

That is going to take place in the promised land--Malachi 3:4. The same land spoken of here:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God" (Zech.13:8-9).​

As well as here:

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Zech.36:24-27).​

So you are wrong when you say "they must be converted before He gathers them."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you admit that in the future the LORD has plans for ethnic Israel?

The same plans for all men, depending on whether they believe in Christ and those who do not.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

That is going to take place in the promised land--Malachi 3:4.

This occurred first, and is ongoing since Christs first coming--

Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger,(John the baptizer) and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant,(Jesus) whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Mal 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.
Mal 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The same land spoken of here:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God" (Zech.13:8-9).

The third part began the early church 2000 years ago.

The end of the churches age is described in Rev, in the trumpets one to four--

Rev 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Mic 3:5 Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.
Mic 3:6 Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.
Mic 3:7 Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.

As well as here:

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Zech.36:24-27).​

That began leading up to the first coming and accomplished by Christ with the early church.

It is known as salvation.

Why do you not know it?

LA

Jerry Shugart

The same plans for all men, depending on whether they believe in Christ and those who do not.

You are right that all men will be saved when they believe in the Lord Jesus. But these words of Paul speak of a prophecy directed specifically at ethnic Israel:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins"
(Ro.11:26-27).​

This occurred first, and is ongoing since Christs first coming--

No, this prophecy has not yet happened:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple...And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years"
(Mal.3:1,3,4).​

When the Lord Jesus walked the earth at there was never an occasion when the "offering of Judah and Jerusalem" was pleasant unto the Lord "as in the days of old, and as in former years".

The third part began the early church 2000 years ago.

This has never happened in the promised land:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God"
(Zech.13:8-9).​

There was never a time when two thirds of the Jews died. The fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

That supports what I said earlier. First the LORD will gather the house of Israel to the promised land and then He will give them a new heart.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are right that all men will be saved when they believe in the Lord Jesus. But these words of Paul speak of a prophecy directed specifically at ethnic Israel:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins"
(Ro.11:26-27).​

No.d
The Israel which will all be saved, include those elect from the graves and all believers of faith in Christ throughout history of all ethnicities.

Only a comparative few of all peoples will be saved.--

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

No, this prophecy has not yet happened:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His temple...And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years"
(Mal.3:1,3,4).​

Read it right--
Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger,(John the baptizer) and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant,(Jesus Christ) whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 3:3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Mal 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

When the Lord Jesus walked the earth at there was never an occasion when the "offering of Judah and Jerusalem" was pleasant unto the Lord "as in the days of old, and as in former years".

Jesus prepared His Bride and the day of Pentecost saw the result.

This has never happened in the promised land:

"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God"
(Zech.13:8-9).​

There was never a time when two thirds of the Jews died. The fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

The third resulted in being the churches among the nations.

That supports what I said earlier. First the LORD will gather the house of Israel to the promised land and then He will give them a new heart.

It happened after they were bought out of Babylon and Christ came the first time with salvation, and while many rejected Christ, multitudes received Him, and many more from all nations joined them.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

You do not understand salvation.

Men turn to the Lord and receive the Holy Spirit.

It is after that the Lord gives them a new heart, that is He takes out of them the stony heart, which you obviously still have.

LA

Interplanner

No.d
The Israel which will all be saved, include those elect from the graves and all believers of faith in Christ throughout history of all ethnicities.

Only a comparative few of all peoples will be saved.--

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Read it right--
Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger,(John the baptizer) and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant,(Jesus Christ) whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jesus prepared His Bride and the day of Pentecost saw the result.

The third resulted in being the churches among the nations.

It happened after they were bought out of Babylon and Christ came the first time with salvation, and while many rejected Christ, multitudes received Him, and many more from all nations joined them.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

You do not understand salvation.

Men turn to the Lord and receive the Holy Spirit.

It is after that the Lord gives them a new heart, that is He takes out of them the stony heart, which you obviously still have.

LA

Jerry,
the living temple of Christ has people in it who are living sacrifices that are acceptable unto God. Check it out.

I don't know what will help you see Rom 11 differently. You are 'locked' into reading it as though it was about modern times, as though the only thing in Isaiah's future was US. D'ism and 2P2P have read it 1000x a certain way and the ruts are several feet deep.

But none of their meaning is actually there. They do not build on what 9-11 had said. They just attach to it what 2P2P tells them.

Jerry Shugart

No.d

No, this passage is describing the words of Paul when he says, All Israel will be saved":

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved.

You prove that you really understand nothing about what will happen in the future in regard to ethnic Isreal. Since your discredited eschatology has no place for the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 you must somehow pervert what is written there.

I am going to enjoy watching you struggle to try to demonstrate that those in view in those verses are not the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

Interplanner

No, this passage is describing the words of Paul when he says, All Israel will be saved":

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah will be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that.

So these verses prove that sometime in the FUTURE all of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved.

You prove that you really understand nothing about what will happen in the future in regard to ethnic Isreal. Since your discredited eschatology has no place for the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:31-34 you must somehow pervert what is written there.

I am going to enjoy watching you struggle to try to demonstrate that those in view in those verses are not the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!

At what point do you accept what the apostles say about these things Jerry? You can hide back in the OT all day but it won't change how they have innovated on the same language so as to include all believers, and to unify the Bible as being about believers all along, not two programs going two different directions.

Are you familiar with the role of Haggai--the book? The nation did get back to Israel after exile, and they did knock out a temple. But what is the feedback? It is that it was miserable by comparison.

then two things happen: Herod the tyrant makes himself Israel's superstar temple builder at a suffocating expense to the country, and Jesus comes and says his body is the temple.

The thing just spirals out of control unless you go with Christ and what he says is the temple.

Interplanner

JS wrote:

Have you seriously considered how this would look? Are all Jews to be resurrected,reincarnated at this time period? Is it just those alive then? If it is, what about the MILLIONS not alive then? What is saved? Is saved in Romans EVER a restored theocracy in Jerusalem? What about the 2/3 loss in Zech 13? Do the math.

Jerry Shugart

I don't know what will help you see Rom 11 differently. You are 'locked' into reading it as though it was about modern times, as though the only thing in Isaiah's future was US. D'ism and 2P2P have read it 1000x a certain way and the ruts are several feet deep.

It is you who needs to see what is written here differently but due to the fact that you place what some men say above the Scriptures over what the Scriptures actually say you will never come to the knowledge of the truth:

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins" (Ro.11:26-27).​

Here we see a reference to the same Covenant of which Paul speaks at Romans 11:27:

In this passage we can see that the "fathers" of both the house of Israel and the house of Judah are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Their "fathers" broke the LORD's covenant and it was the physical descendants of Jacob who did that.

In the future all of these physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be saved because all of them will know the LORD, "from the least of them unto the greatest of them." And the Lord will forgive their sins.

Since you have no place in your discredited eschatology for the fulfillment of this prophecy you will refuse to believe what is so plain there. And then to make it worse you will do your best to try to persuade others that we really shouldn't believe what is written in those verses.

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"
(2 Tim.3:7).​

Jerry Shugart

Have you seriously considered how this would look? Are all Jews to be resurrected,reincarnated at this time period? Is it just those alive then? If it is, what about the MILLIONS not alive then? What is saved? Is saved in Romans EVER a restored theocracy in Jerusalem? What about the 2/3 loss in Zech 13? Do the math.

You do not have a lick of sense about the prophecies I quoted because you refuse to believe what they reveal. The LORD says that "the days come" when He will make a covenant with the physical descendants of Israel and at that time all of those living physical descendants will be saved. There is not even a hint that the reference is to all the Israelites who have died in the past.

You just make up things out of thin air in the hope that no one will notice that you do not even attempt to offer any evidence that the people referred to at Jeremiah 31:31-34 are not the physical descendants of israel.

northwye

Could it be that the local preterist is trying to correct the Christian Zionist, but he does not see prophecies in the New Testament predicting such a falling away from sound doctrine after the time of the Capital C Roman Catholic Church's apostasy?

Some of these prophecies about a later falling away of the Capital C Church, which in I Peter 5: 3 acts "as being lords over God's heritage," rather than "being ensamples to the flock," are in I and II Timothy.

I Timothy 4: 1-2 says "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the
latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing
spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2.Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a
hot iron;"

II Timothy 4: 3-4 says "For the time will come when they will not
endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to
themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4.And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be
turned unto fables."

II Timothy 3: 1- 8: "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
6. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith."

II Timothy 3: 1-8 has verses that describe the personality traits of people in the Counterculture and larger Me Generation. Social scientists Hendin,
Lasch and Yankelovich said that people in the Counterculture show a great
deal of self-peoccupation. They also place much importance on
attaining self-esteem. See: Herbert Hendin. The Age of Sensation, 1975, Christopher Lasch. The Culture of Narcissism: American Life In An Age of Diminishing Expectations, 1978, and Daniel Yankelovich. New Rules: Searching for Self-Fulfillment In A World Turned Upside Down, 1981. In fact, the Me Generation, those in it who read Carl Rogers and A.H. Maslow or heard about their ideas were influenced back then by Rogerian self psychology and a somewhat similar self psychology of Maslow.

In the Counterculture and in the Me Generation which followed, there are at least four major shifts in the culture or paradigm, resulting in some changes in personality traits:

1. An Increase in Selfishness and Self-Preoccupation.

2. The Revolt Against Christianity, Especially Opposing Christian Morality

3. The Reduction of the Human To Desire, Feeling and Conditioning,
that is the "killing" of any development of man's third part, which is
his spirit, developed in him by the Holy Spirit..

4. The Denial of what George Orwell Called Objective Reality. The New Anti-
Culture of Transformational Marxism not only allows
for the telling of lies in certain circumstances. As a culture, it
also teaches that there may be no agreed upon reality outside your
individual mind against which your statements can be checked to see if
you are telling lies or not. In the drug movement the idea that one
creates his own reality was taught by Tim Leary, Ken Kesey, Richard
Alpert and other leaders.

But - II Timothy 3: 1-8 is also about a loss of sound doctrine in the Capital C Church, maybe as a part of the shift in culture in the Me Generation.

Verse 5: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

Verse 7. "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Verse 8. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith." These verses describe apostate Christians in the Church at a later time "in the last days (when) perilous times shall come."

These three verses describe what can be called the II Timothy Church in the last days.

Then Luke in Luke 17: 26-29 says as a prophetic revelation with a more specific time reference: "And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
27. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
28. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29. But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all."

Dean Gotcher makes this comment on the mind of those at the times of Noah and of Lot and of Luke's prophecy in Luke 17: "God cannot speak into the pre-flood, Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, dialectic mind."

What is the dialectic mind? It is seen in the statements made by the serpent to Eve in Genesis 3: 1-6 and in the arguments made by the Pharisees to Christ in John 8: 32-45. In the Greek of I Timothy 6: 20-21 Paul very briefly warns against the use of the dialectic.

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21. Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen."

The key Greek says και αντιθεσεις της ψευδωνυμου γνωσεως, or "and anti-thesis of falsely called knowledge."

αντιθεσεις, or anti-thesis, is a technical term in the early Greek philosophy of the διαλεκτική, or dialectic, before the time of Christ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialectic

"Dialectic (also dialectics and the dialectical method), from Ancient Greek διαλεκτική, is a method of argument.....The word dialectic originated in ancient Greece, and was made popular by Plato in the Socratic dialogues."

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Could it be that the local preterist is trying to correct the Christian Zionist, but he does not see prophecies in the New Testament predicting such a falling away from sound doctrine after the time of the Capital C Roman Catholic Church's apostasy?

Could you please specify what your remarks have to do with the subject of this thread?

Thanks!

northwye

In the 19th century there were a number of heretical doctrines introduced. Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), Ellen G. White (1827-1915), Edward Irving (1792 –1834), John Darby (1800 -1882), Charles T. Russell (1852-1916), and C.I. Scofield (1843 -1921) were some of the major false prophets of the 19th century who influenced Christians.

The most influential 19th century false doctrines were the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, Christian Science and Dispensationalism.. Dispensationalism, or Christian Zionism, became the most popular of these 19th century movements and took over, by the mid 20th century, the majority of protestant evangelical denominations. This thread, said to be about the land promises to Old Covenant Israel, is promoting the doctrine that the Old Covenant is still in existence, one of the false doctrines, which can be seen to have been in prophetic revelation in I Timothy 4: 1-2, II Timothy 3: 1-8, and II Timothy 4: 3-4.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In the 19th century there were a number of heretical doctrines introduced. Mary Baker Eddy (1821-1910), Ellen G. White (1827-1915), Edward Irving (1792 –1834), John Darby (1800 -1882), Charles T. Russell (1852-1916), and C.I. Scofield (1843 -1921) were some of the major false prophets of the 19th century who influenced Christians.

The most influential 19th century false doctrines were the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, Christian Science and Dispensationalism.. Dispensationalism, or Christian Zionism, became the most popular of these 19th century movements and took over, by the mid 20th century, the majority of protestant evangelical denominations. This thread, said to be about the land promises to Old Covenant Israel, is promoting the doctrine that the Old Covenant is still in existence, one of the false doctrines, which can be seen to have been in prophetic revelation in I Timothy 4: 1-2, II Timothy 3: 1-8, and II Timothy 4: 3-4.

People are so easily deceived by smart men who lay on their beds devising evil--

http://www.takeourworldback.com/zionistcrimes.htm