ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Moron, confusing the grandpa, with the son/grandson.

Today's Arabs are descendants of Abraham. Get it?Abraham's seed is Isaac.. the son of promise..

That has NADA to do with JACOB.. Jacob and his twelve sons are Israel.. and of these Israelites, only those justified by their faith (in God at that time) are the Israel of God. No member of the boc has anything to do, "seed wise," with either Jacob, or Israel.

Esau was out of Isaacs flesh too but he is not counted for the seed.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Jerry Shugart

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Which promise?

Surely not this promise which the LORD made to David:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

The Jews were pulled up out of the promised land in the second Jewish revolt (A.D. 132-135) and the Jews were excluded from Jerusalem upon penalty of death. Therefore, the promise that the LORD made to David concerning the land has never been fulfilled.

Therefore, this is one land promise that will be fulfilled in the future.

Danoh

Esau was out of Isaacs flesh too but he is not counted for the seed.

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

LA

You make the same mistake the Acts 28ers and their various offshoots make.

The passage says "heirs ACCORDING TO the promise."

It does NOT say "heirs OF the promise."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You make the same mistake the Acts 28ers and their various offshoots make.

The passage says "heirs ACCORDING TO the promise."

It does NOT say "heirs OF the promise."
Where's IP?
He could tell LA where to find the heirs OF the promise, being as Hebrews is his favorite book as of lately.
:chuckle:

Danoh

Where's IP?
He could tell LA where to find the heirs OF the promise, being as Hebrews is his favorite book as of lately.
:chuckle:

His obssession with STP caused him to fall way behind on his endless books "about" - he's off catching up :chuckle:

beloved57

Moron, confusing the grandpa, with the son/grandson.

Today's Arabs are descendants of Abraham. Get it?Abraham's seed is Isaac.. the son of promise..

That has NADA to do with JACOB.. Jacob and his twelve sons are Israel.. and of these Israelites, only those justified by their faith (in God at that time) are the Israel of God. No member of the boc has anything to do, "seed wise," with either Jacob, or Israel.
The physical descendants of Abraham Israel are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which promise?

Surely not this promise which the LORD made to David:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"

The Jews were pulled up out of the promised land in the second Jewish revolt (A.D. 132-135) and the Jews were excluded from Jerusalem upon penalty of death. Therefore, the promise that the LORD made to David concerning the land has never been fulfilled.

You make my case.

The present inhabitants of the land are not the people of God.

LA

beloved57

If you are right then we must believe that Paul, who was a physical descendant of Abraham Israel, is not a child of God.

However, the Scriptures reveal that he is:

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God" (Ro.8:16).​

There children of God of all nations!

The physical seed of Abraham Israel, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

Interplanner

There are some people on this forum who say that ALL the promises the LORD made in regard to the promised land have all been fulfilled. However, those same people have not yet addressed the following promise concerning the land which the LORD made to David:

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The prophet Amos says the same thing:

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people ...And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God"
(Amos 9:14,15).​

Therefore we can understand that the Lord has made promises to David in respect to the promised land that have not yet been fulfilled. There has never been a time when the children of Israel have been brought back to the promised land and have not "been pulled up out of their land."

There is no need Jerry. God is doing entirely different things since the Gospel arrived. There is no 'other' program; God is not a liar for doing so. Acts 2:30 even says that the enthronement of Messiah which David foresaw was the Resurrection of Christ.

That's why there is nothing about the land in the NT, in the apostles thinking. They did wish to prevent Israel harm from the vicious conflicts at hand, but it didn't happen.

When Christ stops the leaders of Judaism with his 'how then can Messiah be David's son?' it was meant to make that clean break from all of their thoughts about what was supposed to happen, their Messiah, their religion, etc. the New covenant has come; it is about salvation from the debt of sin and it is about getting that message to the nations, 2 Cor 3-5.

Danoh

There is no need Jerry. God is doing entirely different things since the Gospel arrived. There is no 'other' program; God is not a liar for doing so. Acts 2:30 even says that the enthronement of Messiah which David foresaw was the Resurrection of Christ.

That's why there is nothing about the land in the NT, in the apostles thinking. They did wish to prevent Israel harm from the vicious conflicts at hand, but it didn't happen.

When Christ stops the leaders of Judaism with his 'how then can Messiah be David's son?' it was meant to make that clean break from all of their thoughts about what was supposed to happen, their Messiah, their religion, etc. the New covenant has come; it is about salvation from the debt of sin and it is about getting that message to the nations, 2 Cor 3-5.

Yo, IP; you're slippin - you forgot to mention your obessession, STP.

:rotfl:

john w

Hall of Fame
The physical descendants of Abraham Israel are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Oh. We did not know that.

You: The physical descendants of Abraham, today's Arabs, are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Duh. Quite irrelevant to your "argument," employing your "one trick verse pony in isolation" technique, to asserting that the boc replaces the remnant of the nation of Israerl, admitted satanic Calvinist Reppy.

beloved57

Oh. We did not know that.

You: The physical descendants of Abraham, today's Arabs, are not the children of God Rom 9:8!

Duh. Quite irrelevant to your "argument," employing your "one trick verse pony in isolation" technique, to asserting that the boc replaces the remnant of the nation of Israerl, admitted satanic Calvinist Reppy.
You know now

Jerry Shugart

You make my case, the people in the land now are not the people of God.

Your verses prove that.

So it is impossible that in the future the LORD will change their hearts?:

"For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them" (Ez.36:24-26).​

Do you think that the LORD will say that He will do those things and then not do them? Your assertion is based on the assumption that He won't do those things.