ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

Thats a Heavenly Land fulfilled in Christ and the Church. You know Abrahams physical seed Israel are not the heirs of Promise Rom 9:8

In this passage we can see that all of Abraham's physical seed will indeed be the heirs of promise:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

In the future all from the house of Israel and all from the house of Judah will have the Lord's law put in their inward parts and their sins will be forgiven and the Lord will remember their sins no more.

You have no place for the future fulfillment of that promise, do you?

Jerry Shugart

Thats fulfilled in Christ, and its heavenly !

Are you serious?

Do you really think that the land which the Lord gave to Jacob is in heaven?

That idea is ridiculous!

The earthly land promised to Jacob has been already fulfilled Josh 23:15

The promises which the Lord gave to David were given him many years AFTER this verse was written.

Neh 9:23

Their children also multipliedst thou as the stars of heaven, [/B]and broughtest them into the land, concerning which thou hadst promised to their fathers, that they should go in to possess it.

So God kept that Promise, however their is yet to be fulfilled the land promise to Abraham's and Davids Spiritual Seed through Christ ! Thats an Heavenly Land !

Yes, but at that time they were moved from the land so what happened then is not a fulfillment of this prophecy:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

beloved57

In this passage we can see that all of Abraham's physical seed will indeed be the heirs of promise:
"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

In the future all from the house of Israel and all from the house of Judah will have the Lord's law put in their inward parts and their sins will be forgiven and the Lord will remember their sins no more.

You have no place for the future fulfillment of that promise, do you?

The physical seed of Israel, has no part in the Promises of God, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

[FONT=&quot]That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.[/FONT]

beloved57

Are you serious?

Do you really think that the land which the Lord gave to Jacob is in heaven?

That idea is ridiculous!

The promises which the Lord gave to David were given him many years AFTER this verse was written.

Yes, but at that time they were moved from the land so what happened then is not a fulfillment of this prophecy:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime"
(2 Sam.7:8,10).​

Yes,its Heavenly and Spiritual,the physical nation israel is not the people of God Rom 9:8

beloved57

jerry

Thats even more reason why its fulfilled in Christ and its Spiritual and Heavenly ! That Promise given David was only a continuim of the Promise given to Abraham. Can you prove from scripture that the Land God promised David is different from this land promised Abraham and His Seed here Gen 17:8

[FONT=&quot]And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.[/FONT]

Jerry Shugart

The physical seed of Israel, has no part in the Promises of God, they are not the Children of God Rom 9:8

[FONT="]That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.[/FONT]

You do not understand this verse. Paul was a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but yet he was a child of God.

What the verse means is that those who remain in the flesh and are never quickened by the Spirit are not the children of God. And all of those who make up the house of Israel and the house of Judah in the future will all be physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they will all be born of the Spirit:

Interplanner

You do not understand this verse. Paul was a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob but yet he was a child of God.

What the verse means is that those who remain in the flesh and are never quickened by the Spirit are not the children of God. And all of those who make up the house of Israel and the house of Judah in the future will all be physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and they will all be born of the Spirit:

You started well, Jerry, but after your first line it's all muck. the New Covenant is now, 2 Cor 3-5. The houses never matter in the NT.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes,its Heavenly and Spiritual,the physical nation israel is not the people of God Rom 9:8

True.

The church is knee deep in blood over thinking Israel of the flesh is owed something from God even while they reject Jesus Christ.

However even God does not sanction stealing land and killing people to get land.

Only the devil puts men up to that.

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Rev 18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
LA

TweetyBird

Sophistry:

Ezekiel 41:23 KJV

And the temple and the sanctuary had two doors.

You: And "Jesus" and the sanctuary, which is "Jesus," had two doors.

Hebrews 13:11 KJV For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

You: For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary , which is "Jesus," by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp.

You wicked fraud.

Ez 41 was a vision, it was not literal. Jesus is the Door. He said so. He is the Temple. He said so. Jesus is the Heavenly Sanctuary. He is the Holy of Holies.

TweetyBird

:think:

[/URL]

John 2:18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

TweetyBird

John 7:14 KJV Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.

You: Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, which is Himself, and taught Himself.

Fraud.

You are confusing the physical Temple built by human hands, with the New Temple of the New Covenant which is Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Heavenly Temple, not an earthly one. I understand if you don't want to accept the spiritual implications.

Acts 7:48
Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,

Acts 17:24
God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Last edited:

TweetyBird

Let us look at the NT and see for ourselves. Is not the Lord Jesus going to began to sit upon His throne when He returns to the earth?:

A new Heaven and a new earth. The New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven. The text is not speaking of the Mil reign. It's is speaking of all eternity.

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

Of course He will! But since you have no place for that reign in your eschatology you must somehow get rid of His plain words there.

Since you did not ask me what I believe, then you are assuming something about me that I don't believe.

When He will be reigning on the earth His saints will sit with Him in His throne and will reign with Him:

"And hast made us unto our God a kingdom of priests: and we shall reign on the earth" (Rev.5:10).​

New Heaven, new earth, after this one is burnt toast. Although we cannot see it, Jesus is reigning now from His throne and will for infinity.

Since the Christian will reign with Him on the earth and sit with Him on His throne, then it is certain that His throne will be on the earth. And the Twelve will sit upon twelve thrones in the kingdom and they will judge the twelve tribes of Israel:

Are you saying that all believers are sitting on a literal throne with Jesus? There is no room.

Rev states there are 24 thrones besides the throne of God.

Which 12 disciples are going to sit on which of the 24 thrones, as they are already occupied?

Which 12 tribes will those unknown 12 be judging?

I think you need to rethink your literal assumptions.

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" (Acts 1:6).​

If they were in error for thinking that surely the Lord Jesus would have corrected them. But He did no such thing and He only told them that they were not to know the time when it would happen.

Jesus did correct them. He told them that power would be given them to preach the Gospel to the whole world. The Kingdom of Christ comes not with observance - it is not of this world - it is within those who believe in Him.

So since the kingdom will be restored to Israel it is certain that they will get their physical property back.

According to the NT, believing Jews were not looking for a physical land, but a Heavenly land and a city built by God.

Perhaps you are willing to argue that the kingdom will be restored to Israel but they will not possess the land which the Lord gave Jacob?

Neither. All those of Israel who believe in Christ are restored aka reconciled to God - ethnicity does not define who is in that Kingdom or where it is. Jesus is that Promised Land, flowing with milk and honey.

TweetyBird

Yes, all the promises of God in Him are yea!

A.W. Fausset writes: "How many soever be the promises of God, in Him is the "yea" ("faithfulness in His word": contrasted with the "yea and nay," 2Cr 1:19, that is, inconstancy as to one's word)."

This interpretation does not make the Lord a liar but your interpretation does!

The promises of God are IN HIM. In HIMSELF. That is Christ Jesus.

TweetyBird

Please quote the verse to which you refer.

The context of the promises are what we have in Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 1
18 But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. 20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. 21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Jerry Shugart

A new Heaven and a new earth. The New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven. The text is not speaking of the Mil reign. It's is speaking of all eternity.

"When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory" (Mt.25:31).​

No, earlier in the same sermon the Lord Jesus makes it plain that the present earth is in view:

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:36-41).​

New Heaven, new earth, after this one is burnt toast. Although we cannot see it, Jesus is reigning now from His throne and will for infinity.

The following words of the Lord Jesus demonstrate that He is not now sitting in His own throne:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

The Lord Jesus is not now sitting in His own throne,the "throne of David," but instead is sitting in His Father's throne!

TweetyBird

No, earlier in the same sermon the Lord Jesus makes it plain that the present earth is in view:

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left" (Mt.24:36-41).​

I am not sure why you are quoting this passage.

The following words of the Lord Jesus demonstrate that He is not now sitting in His own throne:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

The Lord Jesus is not now sitting in His own throne,the "throne of David," but instead is sitting in His Father's throne!

There is only one Throne. Jesus and God occupy it - if you believe Jesus is God? Jesus said that He is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, the root and offspring of David. There is not another Throne in Heaven - God and the Lamb ARE that Throne. Jesus is not sitting on Two Thrones. Jesus said He was King. There is only one King Jesus, the Son of David, the Son of God.

Rev 22
3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Revelation 5
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. 8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Jerry Shugart

I am not sure why you are quoting this passage.

To prove that this verse is speaking about the Lord Jesus coming to the earth to sit upon His throne in the future:

What the Lord Jesus said there was in answer to His disciple's question, "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the age?" (Mt.24:3).

They asked Him about His "coming" to the earth so when He answered about His coming in glory He was speaking about "coming" to the earth and sitting on His throne.

Since you have no place for that event in your eschatology you must somehow pervert His plain meaning.

There is only one Throne. Jesus and God occupy it - if you believe Jesus is God?

Are you really ignorant of the fact that the Father will give the "throne of David" to the Lord Jesus?:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end"
(Lk.1:32,33).​

Here the Lord Jesus speaks of two different thrones so it is evident that there is not just one throne, as you imagine:

Jerry Shugart

The context of the promises are what we have in Jesus Christ.

For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

This verse does not say that all the promises of God were "fulfilled" in Christ. Here A.R. Fausset gives the correct interpretation:

" 20. Rather, How many soever be the promises of God, in Him is the "yea" ("faithfulness in His word": contrasted with the "yea and nay," 2Cr 1:19, that is, inconstancy as to one's word).
and in him Amen--The oldest manuscripts read, "Wherefore through Him is the Amen"; that is, In Him is faithfulness ("yea") to His word, "wherefore through Him" is the immutable verification of it ("Amen"). As "yea" is His word, so "Amen" is His oath, which makes our assurance of the fulfilment doubly sure. Compare "two immutable things (namely, His word and His oath) in which it was impossible for God to lie" ( Hbr 6:18 Rev 3:14 ). The whole range of Old Testament and New Testament promises are secure in their fulfilment for us in Christ"
(Fausset, Jamieson, Fausset & Brown; Commentary on 2 Corinthians 1).​

Last edited: