ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

Here is the land promise given to David by the Lord:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The promise the Lord made to David at 2 Samuel 7:10 was not fulfilled in the first century so its fulfillment will happen after that. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The Israelites will be broght back to the land which the Lord gave Jacob and they will not be plucked out of that land. That is what the Lord promised David and He said that He would not alter that promise.

So unless someone wants to argue that the Lord lied to David then they must admit that the land promise given to David by the Lord has not yet been entirely fulfilled.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Interplanner

Here is the land promise given to David by the Lord:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The promise the Lord made to David at 2 Samuel 7:10 was not fulfilled in the first century so its fulfillment will happen after that. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The Israelites will be broght back to the land which the Lord gave Jacob and they will not be plucked out of that land. That is what the Lord promised David and He said that He would not alter that promise.

So unless someone wants to argue that the Lord lied to David then they must admit that the land promise given to David by the Lord has not yet been entirely fulfilled.

What about Acts 13?

SimpleMan77

Acts 13 is AFTER the land issue was TEMPORARILY delayed ONCE MORE - Romans 9-11 in light of Romans 2-3.

Curious as to your thoughts on this - does "temporarily delayed" mean that Jesus left earth with everything in motion to fulfill the land-promises much more quickly, then temporarily delayed the promises because of Israel's failure to respond (or failure on the part of His apostles)?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Curious as to your thoughts on this - does "temporarily delayed" mean that Jesus left earth with everything in motion to fulfill the land-promises much more quickly, then temporarily delayed the promises because of Israel's failure to respond (or failure on the part of His apostles)?

Danoh is in the dark. Acts 13 is referring to an ISAIAH passage about the transference of David's promises to Christ in a passage in which Paul exults in the fulfillment of all promises to the fathers IN THE RESURRECTION. There obviously would be no concern about a delay or a failure, because Isaiah spoke so far in advance. Elementary.

Interplanner

There is nothing about the last things of the world (the final judgement) that 'needs' things to happen in Israel. Nada. That is what is so off base about a belief in a future land promise (ie, futurism). It's like they don't even know what the final judgement is about. Where does Rom 2 'need' Israel in its land to happen?

Danoh

"This child is set for a fall..."

My view on is that when He returned unto the Father; only the Father knew the answer to the question asked of the Son in Acts 1.

But after He returned unto the Father; the Father then shared the Mystery with Him; for Him to share in turn with a new Apostle for it - an Apostle of Israel's very enemy - an Apostle of - the Gentiles!

Thus, prior to His Ascension, the Son had expected things would be shorter in duration than they have ended up.

Also, He had told the Twelve they would be rejected, persecuted, etc., in Matthew 10.

Israel's temporary fall was continually prophesied. And He spoke in line with that.

This Mystery Age we are in is in light of, and in line with that; NOT in response to it.

It is just something else that God had planned on doing and that He had planned on doing during said fall; NOT because of it.

This a principle that Paul is relating in Romans 9, for example.

How that just as in Israel's past God would temporarily set them aside during their disobedience to do something else He had planned on doing first anyway, even so, now.

That God is not through with Israel; He has merely set them aside temporarily, that He might do first, a work among both - even us.

It is referred to as God's TWO-Fold PURPOSE: Prophecy (concerns Israel over the nations of the Earth) and Mystery (concerns a New Creature: The Body of Christ over the Angelic host in the Heavenlies).

Romans 9-11 really being an answer to the question - wait a minute; what about Israel?

The Reformers got it all wrong.

Danoh

Danoh is in the dark. Acts 13 is referring to an ISAIAH passage about the transference of David's promises to Christ in a passage in which Paul exults in the fulfillment of all promises to the fathers IN THE RESURRECTION. There obviously would be no concern about a delay or a failure, because Isaiah spoke so far in advance. Elementary.

You're too far gone down your reasoning of men to see the obvious in Romans 9.

Jerry Shugart

Acts 13 is referring to an ISAIAH passage about the transference of David's promises to Christ in a passage in which Paul exults in the fulfillment of all promises to the fathers IN THE RESURRECTION.

In case you missed it the LORD said that He would not "alter" the promises He made to David.

If the fulfillment of the promises He made to David concerning the land was not exactly as he said then that would mean that He did something which He said He would not do and that is to alter His promises to David.

Your ideas make the Lord a liar!

Jerry Shugart

There is nothing about the last things of the world (the final judgement) that 'needs' things to happen in Israel. Nada. That is what is so off base about a belief in a future land promise (ie, futurism).

The prophecies in the OT will never fail so this promise in regard to the land which the Lord gave Jacob will be fulfilled:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people" (Ez.37:25-27).​

Here we read that the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the Israelites for ever. And the Israelites "shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob.." Therefore, in the future the Lord will set His sanctuary in the midst of the children of Israel for evermore at the time they will dwell in the land that God gave to Jacob.

This matches perfectly with the land promise the Lord made to David, a promise which the Lord said that He would not alter.

Right Divider

Body part
The everlasting kingdom will not be established until the King returns to establish it.

Luke 19:11-12 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:11) And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. (19:12) He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

He has left to receive His kingdom and He will return with it. Read the entire parable.