ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Interplanner

God says that it will happen and you say that it won't. I'll stick with God.

You keep making this false claim.

The apostle of the Gentiles was not trying to confirm all of the promises made to Israel. That is part of your utter confusion.

No, that is a fairly tale invented by people that refuse to believe the entirety of God's Word.

Then here's my fairy tale over your 'what the holy bible says':

In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge...and you are in him
What ever God promised to the fathers is fulfilled by resurrecting Christ from the dead
All of God's promises are yes and amen in Christ

Right Divider

Body part
Then here's my fairy tale over your 'what the holy bible says':

In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge...and you are in him
What ever God promised to the fathers is fulfilled by resurrecting Christ from the dead
All of God's promises are yes and amen in Christ
Your understanding of those passages that you're non-quoting is wrong. It's as simple as that.

You and most of Churchianity have a bizarre and twisted notion of what it means to read and understand scripture.

Instead of letting scripture be your guide; you attempt to force your fairy story on the scripture. It's not going to be true no matter how many times or how emphatically you claim it.

Interplanner

Your understanding of those passages that you're non-quoting is wrong. It's as simple as that.

You and most of Churchianity have a bizarre and twisted notion of what it means to read and understand scripture.

Instead of letting scripture be your guide; you attempt to force your fairy story on the scripture. It's not going to be true no matter how many times or how emphatically you claim it.

misplaced again: all church that I know of and radio and TV is 2P2P. you can't get anything right. most believers would be horrified to hear me.

more fairy tale: by him you are in Christ who was made our righteousness, holiness and redemption, 1 Cor 1.

here's a 2P2P fairy tale: the angels long to look into Israel being back under Judaism's animal sacrifice system at the old covenant temple'. See 1 Peter 1.

SaulToPaul 2

misplaced again: all church that I know of and radio and TV is 2P2P. you can't get anything right. most believers would be horrified to hear me.

more fairy tale: by him you are in Christ who was made our righteousness, holiness and redemption, 1 Cor 1.

here's a 2P2P fairy tale: the angels long to look into Israel being back under Judaism's animal sacrifice system at the old covenant temple'. See 1 Peter 1.

:chuckle:

Right Divider

Body part
Irrelevant and illogical, per your usual.

Did I say that you are 100% wrong all of the time?

More illogical thinking on your part.

:french:

Jerry Shugart

You are chained to the old covenant.

Here is the land promise given to David by the Lord:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The promise the Lord made to David at 2 Samuel 7:10 was not fulfilled in the first century so its fulfillment will happen after that. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The Israelites will be broght back to the land which the Lord gave Jacob and they will not be plucked out of that land. That is what the Lord promised David and He said that He would not alter that promise.

Despite these clear facts you have the nerve to say that the LORD will not honor the promises which He made to David.

Interplanner

Here is the land promise given to David by the Lord:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The promise the Lord made to David at 2 Samuel 7:10 was not fulfilled in the first century so its fulfillment will happen after that. God also said that He would not "alter" the promises which He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David" (Ps.89:3,33-35).​

The Israelites will be broght back to the land which the Lord gave Jacob and they will not be plucked out of that land. That is what the Lord promised David and He said that He would not alter that promise.

Despite these clear facts you have the nerve to say that the LORD will not honor the promises which He made to David.

Still the same OT passages again, without any comment or insight from the NT. There is simply no need for interest in this any more, which is why there is none in the NT. Now it is all about the mission of the Gospel until the end of time. There is no purpose to this stuff anymore, except as a demonstration of what God did in the past, in the same category as the exodus, or the deluge.

You won't take comment from the NT on this, yet you think you have dealt with what the NT says.

SaulToPaul 2

Still the same OT passages again, without any comment or insight from the NT. There is simply no need for interest in this any more, which is why there is none in the NT. Now it is all about the mission of the Gospel until the end of time. There is no purpose to this stuff anymore, except as a demonstration of what God did in the past, in the same category as the exodus, or the deluge.

You won't take comment from the NT on this, yet you think you have dealt with what the NT says.

Ask the LORD to help thy unbelief.

Interplanner

Imagine, like Jerry tonight, commenting on whether Abraham or David knew about justification from their sins BUT NEVER REFERRING TO THE NEW TESTAMENT DOCS!

Right Divider

Body part
Imagine, like Jerry tonight, commenting on whether Abraham or David knew about justification from their sins BUT NEVER REFERRING TO THE NEW TESTAMENT DOCS!
DingleBerry speak silliness again. Thanks DingleBerry.

Was nothing revealed to Paul?

Rom 16:25-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (16:27) To God only wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Is Paul wrong? Should we throw Romans out of the Bible because Paul was making stuff up?

Interplanner

DingleBerry speak silliness again. Thanks DingleBerry.

Was nothing revealed to Paul?

Rom 16:25-27 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:25) Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (16:26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith: (16:27) To God only wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Is Paul wrong? Should we throw Romans out of the Bible because Paul was making stuff up?

I don't see any disagreement. The problem with Jerry was that he was NOT referring to the NT, which you did, which we should. That's why I countered to Jerry: when do YOU exist? When do you consider what is said in the NT to be current or present truth? I have no problem with your post above, RD, except for your so-called "Christian" insulting.

btw, the Greek expression in Rom 16 is 'for long ages': 'chronois aioniois'. The thing was also embedded in the prophets, says the next line, so it is a matter of the veil, and the hiddenness to Israel/Judaism.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't see any disagreement. The problem with Jerry was that he was NOT referring to the NT, which you did, which we should. That's why I countered to Jerry: when do YOU exist? When do you consider what is said in the NT to be current or present truth? I have no problem with your post above, RD, except for your so-called "Christian" insulting.

btw, the Greek expression in Rom 16 is 'for long ages': 'chronois aioniois'. The thing was also embedded in the prophets, says the next line, so it is a matter of the veil, and the hiddenness to Israel/Judaism.
:kookoo:

SaulToPaul 2

Oh.