ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The New Covenant was promised to the house of Israel and not to anyone else. and it will not be in place until all Israel will be saved]

So what scriptures say the new covenant inaugurated by the blood of Christ was put on hold?

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).

God was a husband to the OT House of Israel and then Judah who broke the covenant and was therefore divorced, and are no more.

The New Covenant was established by Christ (the new Husband,)and those being saved who receive of His Spirit are His Bride.

Strictly speaking the House of Israel consists of the Husband and Bride with Her children.

but you would not understand that.

2Jn 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2Jn 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
2Jn 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The OT promise concerning the House of Israel and the House of Judah, being one nation again, began to be fulfilled as the descendants began receiving the Holy Spirit of the new covenant sealed by Jesus blood, but it also reached back to the healing of the division between nations which began in the time of Nimrod.

Act 2:8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Act 2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Act 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

The word of the world (which you teach) is always trying to find a way to elevate the flesh.

LA

beloved57

tweety

You surprise me. I thought that all Christians knew that Jesus is the Temple of God, the one not made with hands.

So is the His Body the Church the Temple of God, did you know that ? 1 Cor 3:16

[FONT=&quot]Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Thats because Jesus and His Body the Church are One ![/FONT]

Interplanner

tweety

So is the His Body the Church the Temple of God, did you know that ? 1 Cor 3:16

[FONT="]Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Thats because Jesus and His Body the Church are One ![/FONT]

And "you" in you are the temple is plural. This is another expression that is true 'in Christ.' It is not meant to be true as something you can take a photograph of and 'prove.'

Jerry Shugart

So what scriptures say the new covenant inaugurated by the blood of Christ was put on hold?

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).

What is in "bold" has not yet happened so it is evident that the fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

TweetyBird

What is in "bold" has not yet happened so it is evident that the fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

Jesus said it has been fulfilled. All who are taught of God are His. And His has forgiven all of our iniquities, forevermore. This proves that the new covenant is for the whole world.

John 6
41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. 42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven? 43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. 46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As usual you cannot prove that anything which I wrote is in error. But you feel like you must say something so you insult me.

It seems to me that it is you who does not know the Lord.

You claimed you are not a benefiter of forgiveness of your iniquity and that you do not know the Lord,

because you are not under the new covenant of the House of Israel.

You said it yourself.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

LA

Interplanner

Of course it has. It's the Gospel and the work of the Spirit, even mentioned by I John. But not everyone in Israel accepts it as having happened in Christ, and you are not helping that cause either!

Jerry Shugart

Of course it has.

No, anyone who has the slightest degree of Spiritual discernment knows that what is in "bold" here has not yet been fulfilled:

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

Here it says that the "fathers" of those of the house of Israel and the house of Judah broke the Lord's covenant which means that the fathers were the physical seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. And since the fathers of those in both houses are the physical seed that can only mean that those from both houses are the physical seed.

And those physical seeds will all know the Lord, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, and they will all have their sins forgiven.

There has never been a time when all the physical seed from both the house of Israel and the house of Judah have had their sins forgiven. so the fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

Since your eschatology has no place for such a fulfillment of this prophecy you just try your best to pervert the plain meaning of what is said.

TweetyBird

My sins are forgiven because of my faith (Acts 10:43) and not because of any covenant.

Hebrews 9 - the writer is explaining the Better Covenant in Christ, by His shed blood, not the blood of animals as in the old covenant. The old covenant was a shadow of what was to come.

The new covenant is the shed blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sins, just as He stated.
The new covenant is a new law - the Law of Christ which is not the old covenant Mosaic Law.
The new covenant is the indwelt Holy Spirit - God making His home in us.
The New Covenant in the Law of Christ written on our hearts.
The new covenant is walking in the Spirit with the fruit of the Spirit.
The New Covenant is to walk in love.
The New Covenant is eternal life, to be forever with the Lord.
The New Covenant is the spiritual blessings in Christ.
The New Covenant is the Kingdom of Christ of whom we are citizens and belong to His household.

If you do not believe you are in that New Covenant, none of what is in Christ, or what He promised, can be yours.

Right Divider

Body part
Hebrews 9 - the writer is explaining the Better Covenant in Christ, by His shed blood, not the blood of animals as in the old covenant. The old covenant was a shadow of what was to come.

The new covenant is the shed blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sins, just as He stated.
The new covenant is a new law - the Law of Christ which is not the old covenant Mosaic Law.
The new covenant is the indwelt Holy Spirit - God making His home in us.
The New Covenant in the Law of Christ written on our hearts.
The new covenant is walking in the Spirit with the fruit of the Spirit.
The New Covenant is to walk in love.
The New Covenant is eternal life, to be forever with the Lord.
The New Covenant is the spiritual blessings in Christ.
The New Covenant is the Kingdom of Christ of whom we are citizens and belong to His household.

If you do not believe you are in that New Covenant, none of what is in Christ, or what He promised, can be yours.
Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Heb 8:8-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (8:13) In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

You seem to really like your ignorance.

TweetyBird

Jer 31:31-34 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Heb 8:8-13 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: (8:9) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. (8:10) For this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: (8:11) And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (8:12) For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. (8:13) In that he saith, A new [covenant], he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old [is] ready to vanish away.

You seem to really like your ignorance.

Actually, the text states just Israel [vs 33]. So the question is, who is Israel?

Jesus said that His sheep were not only of the House of Israel, but those from another fold. He commanded His disciples to preach to the world all that He taught.

As far as Heb 8 is concerned, the text clearly shows that forgiveness of sins is through the shed blood of that new covenant. So either one is saved by that covenant or they are not. It's really not that difficult to grasp. It makes one wonder why there is no verse in the NT which states that the Gentiles are not included, when Christ broke down the wall of partition and we become one new man in Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually, the text states just Israel [vs 33]. So the question is, who is Israel?
And verse 31 actually mentions both houses. When the LORD moves ahead with His plans, He will bring the TWO back together into ONE.

Jesus said that His sheep were not only of the House of Israel, but those from another fold. He commanded His disciples to preach to the world all that He taught.
The "sheep from another fold" refers to those scattered among the nations. See Ezekiel 34 if you want to understand "His sheep".

As far as Heb 8 is concerned, the text clearly shows that forgiveness of sins is through the shed blood of that new covenant.
Yes, and it CLEARLY shows that it related to Israel (i.e., the Hebrews).

So either one is saved by that covenant or they are not. It's really not that difficult to grasp.
You're having a hard time grasping it, because you keep perverting the real meaning of each scripture that you touch.

It makes one wonder why there is no verse in the NT which states that the Gentiles are not included, when Christ broke down the wall of partition and we become one new man in Christ.
No doubt you're one that thinks that Matt 1:1 to Rev 22:21 is all NT. Poor understanding indeed.