ECT The Broken Record of MAD

Interplanner

Please QUOTE the scripture to VALIDATE these wild claims!

Where does SCRIPTURE say that Jesus IS the new covenant?

P.S. HINT: It does not.

Temple: Jn 1, Eph 2
Covenant: Mt 26. Of course, you could say he is separate from his blood. Is. 49:8
Exodus: Lk 9:31.

Calm down, you have no business calling other people's conclusions 'wild.'

Right Divider

Body part
Covenant: Mt 26. Of course, you could say he is separate from his blood. Is. 49:8

You NEVER directly answer anyone's questions about your WILD speculations.

Don't throw out VAGUE references to ENTIRE chapters. Show us the good stuff... the ACTUAL verses where Jesus calls Himself "THE NEW COVENANT".

Perhaps your English is not good or you're Greeking again.... maybe you're confusing THIS, like many do:

Matt 26:28 (AKJV/PCE)
(26:28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Some WERZ's like yourself, claim that Jesus' blood IS the covenant or some such lunacy.

Why is His blood shed for "many"? Was it not for ALL?

Interplanner

Please QUOTE the scripture to VALIDATE these wild claims!

Where does SCRIPTURE say that Jesus IS the new covenant?

P.S. HINT: It does not.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Jews did not understand the scriptures then, and you do not now.

Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Mat 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Did they get that one right or should we say they were wrong and and then interpret it allegorically?

You interpret the scriptures the same as they did, and they were clearly wrong.

Was Zachariah wrong?
Was the Holy Spirit mistaken as He spoke through him?

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Did GOD dwell in the Tabernacle?
Did GOD bless and demonstrate His presence in Solomon's Temple?
Either the OT accounts are wrong or you misunderstand Solomon's declaration.

What is meant is that GOD's Being is not and cannot be confined or limited to a dwelling place made with hands. Solomon, Isaiah, Stephen and the Apostle Paul are referring to GOD's 'immensity', not His lack of ability to manifest His presence in a stone temple.

The heavens were created along with the earth and yet GOD stated that He dwells there and that the earth is His footstool. Again...this emphasizes His immensity.
Since heaven is a created realm, one of your thinking could just as well say that it is impossible for GOD to dwell in heaven. Even 'heaven', being a part of creation is necessarily finite/limited. Yet, GOD's Being is necessarily infinite/unlimited. How can the infinite be contained in what is finite?
Your thinking is all off, for you, if I recall correctly, do not believe that the Lord Jesus is GOD. Of course according to your thinking, if GOD cannot dwell in a stone temple then He likewise could not dwell in a tabernacle of flesh.

Do you still support the building of a Jewish temple of stone to fulfill the prophecies?

LA

Of course I do.
You wanta' know why?
I can read.

Eze 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever

Interplanner

Mat 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
Mat 2:4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Mat 2:5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Did they get that one right or should we say they were wrong and and then interpret it allegorically?

Was Zachariah wrong?

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

What is meant is that GOD's Being is not and cannot be confined or limited to a dwelling place made with hands. Solomon, Isaiah, Stephen and the Apostle Paul are referring to GOD's 'immensity', not His lack of ability to manifest His presence in a stone temple.

The heavens were created along with the earth and yet GOD stated that He dwells there and that the earth is His footstool. Again...this emphasizes His immensity.
Since heaven is a created realm, one of your thinking could just as well say that it is impossible for GOD to dwell in heaven. Even 'heaven', being a part of creation is necessarily finite/limited. Yet, GOD's Being is necessarily infinite/unlimited. How can the infinite be contained in what is finite?
Your thinking is all off, for you, if I recall correctly, do not believe that the Lord Jesus is GOD. Of course according to your thinking, if GOD cannot dwell in a stone temple then He likewise could not dwell in a tabernacle of flesh.

Of course I do.
You wanta' know why?
I can read.

Eze 43:7 And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever

God has feet?

musterion

Was Zachariah wrong?

Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

Of course I do.
You wanta' know why?
I can read.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I used his technique. Literalism bans imagination, and can never see what the NT is saying in Christ.

Indeed, the literal, historical, grammatical hermeneutic bans man's futile imagination which he imposes on sacred Scripture.

Abraham believed what GOD said and it was credited to him for righteousness.
He didn't twist it into metaphor.

musterion

MAD vs Mad Libs

MAD vs Mad Libs

Mad Libs, you may recall, are little booklets for kids that have been around forever. The whole point is to fill in blanks in texts with whatever words they choose, resulting in silliness.

The lines on TOL are being drawn more clearly of late. On one side it's the literal historical, grammatical hermeneutic held to by MAD and a few others.

On the other -- the majority of TOL posters -- are those who want to reduce the Bible to an adult version of a Mad Lib by allegorizing/metaphorizing/figuratizing whatever Text of Scripture do not fit their man-made doctrines, which in turn opens the door to interpreting ANY Text however they see fit, upon their own authority, even if it violates the plainest, most obvious sense of the Text.

Just a reminder: this is war. There is no gray area and no middle ground. Both sides cannot be correct. One side or the other is dead wrong and is insulting God in its error.

Last edited: