ECT The Broken Record of MAD

SimpleMan77

• There is NO requirement that prophecies be fulfilled in ANY particular order unless they say so.
  • Please validate the fulfillment of whatever scripture that you're talking about.

In John 7:37–39, Jesus directly connects the promise of the outpouring on the day of Pentecost with the river flowing out of the temple in Ezekiel 47.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Which salvation?

Eternal life at Christ's appearing.

Christ is not married to Gentiles and he never approved of his people marrying Gentiles.

Don't you realize Madism is a false Christianity, more insidious than most?

Don't you?

Right Divider

Body part
Eternal life at Christ's appearing.

Christ is not married to Gentiles and he never approved of his people marrying Gentiles.

Don't you realize Madism is a false Christianity, more insidious than most?

Don't you?
You do know that MAD is an acronym and therefore should be capitalized? Don't you?

MAD simply takes God at His Word.

Don't you realize that jamieism is a false Christianity, more insidious than most? Don't you?

Danoh

I used his technique. Literalism bans imagination, and can never see what the NT is saying in Christ.

Nope.

That is your vain imagination of what the Literalist is asserting.

For the true Literalist recognizes the literal is at times represented through language that is very Literal; while at other times, through language that is Figurative.

Your conclusion on this is once more nothing more than the result of your vain imagination.

Imagination - imagery in one's mind about a thing.

Vain imagination - imagery in one's mind about a thing resulting from vain, or base-less, incomplete information.

Yours is not much different from the late heretic, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale's "What the mind of man can conceive, it can achieve."

Its' origin - Genesis 3's "Ye shall be as gods."

Your every post reaks of his same fallen "You can if you think you can" outlook.

You don't need the Scripture.

You rely on his same fool idea of self-reliance that all your endless books based "wisdom of men" relies on.

Like his followers, you put on a good front.

Fact of the matter?

There is very little truth in the overwhelming majority of your posts.

And it is not surprising you assert that MAD is rigged against whatever.

One more aspect of the lie The Shining One whispered in Eve's ear that fateful day.

The lie that "the system is rigged against you."

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

The eventual result of that?

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Your darned right the Literal is "rigged against" your vain "imagination."

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

My advice to you...and others on this...

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Last edited:

SimpleMan77

Where does is say Pentecost?

John 7:37-39
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The river is referring to the gift of the Holy Ghost which was poured out on the Day of Pentecost.

Jesus said that the scripture had prophesied of a river flowing "out of the belly" of those who believed on Him.

No where else in Scripture does it tell of a river flowing out of people.

"But", you may say, "the river in Ezekiel 47 comes out of the rebuilt temple". Absolutely correct. Paul taught that our bodies individually are the temple of God (1 Cor 6:19), and that the church, collectively is the temple of God (Eph 2:19-22)

According to Jesus, the river issuing out of the temple as foretold in the 47th chapter of Ezekiel started on the day of Pentecost with 120 disciples.

Danoh

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

The river is referring to the gift of the Holy Ghost which was poured out on the Day of Pentecost.

Jesus said that the scripture had prophesied of a river flowing "out of the belly" of those who believed on Him.

"But", you may say, "the river in Ezekiel 47 comes out of the rebuilt temple". Absolutely correct. Paul taught that our bodies individually are the temple of God (1 Cor 6:19), and that the church, collectively is the temple of God (Eph 2:19-22)

According to Jesus, the river issuing out of the temple as foretold in the 47th chapter of Ezekiel started on the day of Pentecost with 120 disciples.

No, Sm77; if I say to you "you can't fight city hall" I am using what has often been a Literal reality ("what everyone knows," so to speak - "everyone knows that...you can't fight city hall") - I am using that Literal reality as a Figure of Speech to point out the Literal futility of another...Literal Reality.

It does not mean that the original was...Figurative.

Lol - that right there earns you a :doh:

And Paul's not part of what was Prophesied.

His qouting of OT passages is often a use on his part very similar to what I just now laid out in the above use by Jesus - Paul's is often the use of an OT Literalism as a Principle to illustrate ANOTHER EQUALLY Literal Principle and or Application.

For just as the Lord had been laying out NEW ground ("mysteries of THE KINGDOM" - of ISRAEL's PROPHESIED Kingdom) Paul had been laying out NEW ground ALSO - of "THE MYSTERY of...A NEW Creature...HID...in GOD" til...Paul.

Right Divider

Body part
God has feet?
Zech 14:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Apparently.

IP, why are you so ignorant of the scripture?

P.S. IP, "I doesn't mean what is says".... coming in .... 3... 2... 1....

P.S.S. This is ALSO confirmed in Acts 1:10-12!

Right Divider

Body part

You made that up.... nice imagination.

The Holy Spirit was NOT poured OUT OF the believers on the day of Pentecost, but was poured UPON them and INTO them.

And now you pervert what Paul writes to fulfill your dreams.

You are a "dictionary theologian", putting any two verses with the same word together and saying, "See? It's right there".

The day of Pentecost was a lawfully required feast day for the nation of Israel. Jesus was a minister of the circumcision, confirming the promises made to the fathers. That's the father of Israel. So there are, indeed, many prophecies fulfilled regarding THEIR nation and their people. But as a whole, THEY rejected the Messiah.

Paul is NOT a continuation of that, but Paul received NEW revelation about something God had kept secret. The whole world was to be blessed by the RISING of Israel (per prophecy), but instead Israel FELL and God counted ALL in unbelief that He might have mercy on ALL.

Because you do not respect the dispensations of God, you are confusing two different things.

SimpleMan77

No, Sm77; if I say to you "you can't fight city hall" I am using what has often been a Literal reality ("what everyone knows," so to speak - "everyone knows that...you can't fight city hall") - I am using that Literal reality as a Figure of Speech to point out the Literal futility of another...Literal Reality.

It does not mean that the original was...Figurative.

Lol - that right there earns you a :doh:

And Paul's not part of what was Prophesied.

His qouting of OT passages is often a use on his part very similar to what I just now laid out in the above use by Jesus - Paul's is often the use of an OT Literalism as a Principle to illustrate ANOTHER EQUALLY Literal Principle and or Application.

For just as the Lord had been laying out NEW ground ("mysteries of THE KINGDOM" - of ISRAEL's PROPHESIED Kingdom) Paul had been laying out NEW ground ALSO - of "THE MYSTERY of...A NEW Creature...HID...in GOD" til...Paul.

Let's take this a step at the time.

Did Jesus refer to the river of Ezekiel 47 in John 7:38,39?

If not, please show me the Scripture He referred to. He plainly said that he was referencing a specific scripture.

Danoh

Zech 14:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (14:2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (14:3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (14:4) ¶ And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which [is] before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, [and there shall be] a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Apparently.

IP, why are you so ignorant of the scripture?

P.S. IP, "I doesn't mean what is says".... coming in .... 3... 2... 1....

P.S.S. This is ALSO confirmed in Acts 1:10-12!

Yep :thumb:

SimpleMan77

You made that up.... nice imagination.

The Holy Spirit was NOT poured OUT OF the believers on the day of Pentecost, but was poured UPON them and INTO them.

And now you pervert what Paul writes to fulfill your dreams.

You are a "dictionary theologian", putting any two verses with the same word together and saying, "See? It's right there".

The day of Pentecost was a lawfully required feast day for the nation of Israel. Jesus was a minister of the circumcision, confirming the promises made to the fathers. That's the father of Israel. So there are, indeed, many prophecies fulfilled regarding THEIR nation and their people. But as a whole, THEY rejected the Messiah.

Paul is NOT a continuation of that, but Paul received NEW revelation about something God had kept secret. The whole world was to be blessed by the RISING of Israel (per prophecy), but instead Israel FELL and God counted ALL in unbelief that He might have mercy on ALL.

Because you do not respect the dispensations of God, you are confusing two different things.

Specific questions - please answer distinctly and clearly.

Did John say that Jesus spoke of the Spirit being given?

Where did the Spirit being given start if not the events that happened in Acts 2? If it started here then it was the start of John 7:38 being fulfilled.

Did Jesus tell them to wait until the Spirit was poured into them so they could then be witnesses?

Witnessing and giving to others what they had received was the outflow. You can't give what you don't have, which is why Jesus told them to wait until they were ensued with power, and only then go be a witness.

Right Divider

Body part
Specific questions - please answer distinctly and clearly.

Did John say that Jesus spoke of the Spirit being given?

Where did the Spirit being given start if not the events that happened in Acts 2? If it started here then it was the start of John 7:38 being fulfilled.
Prophecies from Israel's prophets for Israel, fulfilled (partially) in Israel on a lawfully required feast day for Israel with Peter preaching to the men of Israel (Acts 2:22).

Nothing too unusual there. Everything was right in line with all that God had said in prophecy for a long, long time pertaining to Israel.

Did Jesus tell them to wait until the Spirit was poured into them so they could then be witnesses?
Witnesses of what and to whom?

Witnessing and giving to others what they had received was the outflow. You can't give what you don't have, which is why Jesus told them to wait until they were ensued with power, and only then go be a witness.
That's a beautiful story. Witnesses of what and to whom?

You do know that this was NOT the first time that Jesus sent them out to witness, right?
Matt 10:5-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (10:6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (10:7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (10:8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. (10:9) Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, (10:10) Nor scrip for [your] journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Do you think that there is anything special going on here?

Danoh

MAD is an acronym but Madism is a religion, a false religion.

Why is it false? Because it denies Paul's teachings.

MAD is not...a religion.

It is a Systematic Theology - a Dispensational one.

It is a Systematic study of Theos or God, as to "the things of God" through His Word (logos): Theo-logy.

A system of study that reemerged from the study of His Word that AFTERWARDS was THEN applied to the Study of His Word...systematically.

Just as when Newton "came up with" his "Law of Gravity."

He did not actually "come up with it."

It had always existed.

All he did was observe nature in an attempt to put into some sort of a conscious form, what principles were evidently...at work.

Principles that had existed long before Newton for any man to observe...

Romans 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

And in the above passages, there are two systems of interpreting a thing.

Yours is the latter of those two, jamie.

Thus, your off-base notion that MAD is a religion.

In your obviously equally off-base notion of "religion" in general.

This is why there is no reasoning with you and your type from within a MAD Perspective.

Your own vain imagination long ago having filled up the vaccum that of your obvious ignorance; your foolish heart has long since been darkened to the obvious.

Yours is the same old "figure out a thing as you go" that the above passages assert is the very origin of pagan superstition.

It is what it is.

It does not have to be.

But in your case...it is.

Regretabbly