ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

I see that you're "easily amused." A lack of maturity accounts for that.

Nope. My sense of humor is the result of my understanding of the fact that...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Try some of that some time - it does a Body member good :chuckle:

musterion

Okay, so there's apparently been two schools of thought on this in MAD for some time.

1. God has given neither promise nor guarantee to intervene materially or physically in the believer's life in response to prayer, but He can and will if He chooses to do so. There is no chapter and verse from Paul saying He won't, so He might. Or might not. Either way, Romans 8:28.

2. (...as best I understand it...) God is focused solely on the spiritual needs of the believer, not the physical/material, so there's no point in asking with regard to "the earthly." To do so is, literally, carnal-minded.

That about sum it up?

Danoh

Okay, so there's apparently been two schools of thought on this in MAD for some time.

1. God has given neither promise nor guarantee to intervene materially or physically in the believer's life in response to prayer, but He can and will if He chooses to do so. There is no chapter and verse from Paul saying He won't, so He might. Or might not. Either way, Romans 8:28.

2. (...as best I understand it...) God is focused solely on the spiritual needs of the believer, not the physical/material, so there's no point in asking with regard to "the earthly." To do so is, literally, carnal-minded.

That about sum it up?

Door number two.

Believe me; I get where you are coming from.

But this issue really boils down to just that - where is God working today, this side of that which is perfect - in the inward man.

The healing of our vile body is at the Rapture.

In fact, this inward man issue is what I have been attempting to point out.

It is why I feel no anger or what have you towards you or GM, or whomever.

My choosing from experience over time (Romans 5) to focus on inward man issues by faith.

This is why my oft repeated chuckle.

If laughter is the medicine of the soul, than the Believer's inward man focus is the source of said laughter.

TweetyBird

That about sum it up?

Can we have a couple of more choices?

#2 is not an after thought of #1.
#1 is inaccurate if you are going to throw Rom 8:28 as a snark into it.
#2 is a real narrow view - does anyone here actually believe this? or is this just sarcasm?

musterion

Door number two.

Believe me; I get where you are coming from.

But this issue really boils down to just that - where is God working today, this side of that which is perfect - in the inward man.

The healing of our vile body is at the Rapture.

In fact, this inward man issue is what I have been attempting to point out.

It is why I feel no anger or what have you towards you or GM, or whomever.

I'd like to believe that.

I'm going to be blunt because you're a brother.

We all joke. We all get heated. We all say things we regret.

But there's a pattern with you that has been established for some time. It's not just that you disagree with other MADs on whatever -- that's fine.

It's that right off the bat, you get personal -- snarky, dismissive, condescending. You even preach to others about us as if we're not even in the room.

That's bad enough. But what is (I'll admit) frustrating is when you (a) blow it off as "just joking around" when it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE MERE JOKING, or (b) you get passive-aggressively defensive about it.

That constant stream of elitist (your word!) snark is coming from somewhere. Smells like anger or resentment to me. Know why? Because I have never once seen you say, "You know what? I was out of line there and I apologize for it." If you've ever said that I'd like to see it. You REBUKE publicly. You RIDICULE publicly. You INSINUATE publicly. But you never CONFESS publicly, even when you know you've been caught. "Oh, my bad" or "Sorry that YOU misunderstood me" won't cut it.

That's what bugs me most. I think it bugs a lot of us.

How many MADs have you had this effect on? Several of us. After all, you're the one with a running list of our superstitions.

Sorry, Danoh, but you are into public rebukes so you have this coming: YOU have been the common factor in almost every one of these incidents.

Look. You want to disagree with me on what God may or may not do in the life of the believer today? Fine. Don't care. BUT DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT WE'RE BEING SUPERSTITIOUS WHEN YOUR POSITION HAS NO MORE DIRECT, QUOTABLE PAULINE SUPPORT THAN OURS DOES.

GM's call for a truce is correct. An end to hostilities. YOURS. Stop making everything personal. Stop thinking we're too dumb to notice, or that your absurd "Did I do that?" act gives you the slightest plausible deniability. IT DOESN'T, and it's insulting every time you do it. Which is often.

Just stop it already. Please.

Typed in love, believe it or not.

musterion

Danoh

Where I am often coming from is similar to Paul's mind of Christ in the following...

2 Corinthians 10:1 Now I Paul myself beseech you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ, who in presence am base among you, but being absent am bold toward you: 10:2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; ) 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

You see that?

There is a conflict going on between what we think is to be our focus and what actually is to be our focus.

Show that passage to a Charismatic and he right off reads demons into that.

But that is describing the conflict between one's old mind and the new.

And one gets clearer and clearer on these issues to the extent that one is both willing to submit one's perspective on a thing to scrutiny of the above; and is willing to learn how to do that.

Unfortunately, that is more often the realm of "the Pastor" IF he even has it right; whether MAD, or not.

But we each do well to go to that ourselves all - the - time - on - all - issues...

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Danoh

I'd like to believe that.

I'm going to be blunt because you're a brother.

We all joke. We all get heated. We all say things we regret.

But there's a pattern with you that has been established for some time. It's not just that you disagree with other MADs on whatever -- that's fine.

It's that right off the bat, you get personal -- snarky, dismissive, condescending. You even preach to others about us as if we're not even in the room.

That's bad enough. But what is (I'll admit) frustrating is when you (a) blow it off as "just joking around" when it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE MERE JOKING, or (b) you get passive-aggressively defensive about it.

That constant stream of elitist (your word!) snark is coming from somewhere. Smells like anger or resentment to me. Know why? Because I have never once seen you say, "You know what? I was out of line there and I apologize for it." If you've ever said that I'd like to see it. You REBUKE publicly. You RIDICULE publicly. You INSINUATE publicly. But you never CONFESS publicly, even when you know you've been caught. "Oh, my bad" or "Sorry that YOU misunderstood me" won't cut it.

That's what bugs me most. I think it bugs a lot of us.

How many MADs have you had this effect on? Several of us. After all, you're the one with a running list of our superstitions.

Sorry, Danoh, but you are into public rebukes so you have this coming: YOU have been the common factor in almost every one of these incidents.

Look. You want to disagree with me on what God may or may not do in the life of the believer today? Fine. Don't care. BUT DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT WE'RE BEING SUPERSTITIOUS WHEN YOUR POSITION HAS NO MORE DIRECT, QUOTABLE PAULINE SUPPORT THAN OURS DOES.

GM's call for a truce is correct. An end to hostilities. YOURS. Stop making everything personal. Stop thinking we're too dumb to notice, or that your absurd "Did I do that?" act gives you the slightest plausible deniability. IT DOESN'T, and it's insulting every time you do it. Which is often.

Just stop it already. Please.

Typed in love, believe it or not.

I'll believe it is typed in love.

I do not agree it is accurate.

But so be it; you will all know one day.

As for open correction; I have no issue with that.

My issue is with one sidedness.

But I believe this out in the open between us can be for the better.

People must see how MADs deal either with conflict or with conflict in peace after the fact.

MAD is not some card board cut out. We have the answers. Real answers.

Acts 15:35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also. 15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do. 15:37 And Barnabas determined to take with them John, whose surname was Mark. 15:38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them, who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the work. 15:39 And the contention was so sharp between them, that they departed asunder one from the other: and so Barnabas took Mark, and sailed unto Cyprus; 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God.

TweetyBird

If you're a MAD, feel free to suggest some.

Not MAD, but glad :banana:

Suggesting #3 and treading softly :angel:

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No idea what that means.

#2 is not the opposite of #1.

Not snark. Dead serious.

It seemed to me like you were saying Ron 8:28 is the spoonful of sugar on a bad day.

Ask Danoh.

It's a pretty twisted view of Scripture if he believes it.

Danoh

Can we have a couple of more choices?

#2 is not an after thought of #1.
#1 is inaccurate if you are going to throw Rom 8:28 as a snark into it.
#2 is a real narrow view - does anyone here actually believe this? or is this just sarcasm?

I hold to that 2nd one.

100% Cessationist.

This side of that which is perfect, God works through His Word by His Spirit in the inward man of the Believer, as the Believer walks by faith in said Word as to a clear understanding of who God has made the Believer in His Son.

You want God to touch some one's heart - well then get over there and talk to that someone - God is in you.

Its is He that worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure by His Spirit in you - to the extent that you understand His Word rightly divided on just how He is working today by His Spirit, and then walk by faith in line with same.

Danoh

Not MAD, but glad :banana:

Suggesting #3 and treading softly :angel:

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

#2 is not the opposite of #1.

It seemed to me like you were saying Ron 8:28 is the spoonful of sugar on a bad day.

It's a pretty twisted view of Scripture if he believes it.

2 Cor. 12:9 IS that second view.

Not MAD, you are left to your own understandings even as you post a passage that actually asserts the second view.

YOU have "twisted" that passage to your own destruction.

And no, I am not referring to loss of salvation by that.

Not if you have believed that Christ died for your sins that you might be made the righteousness of God in Him.