ECT Speaking in tongues

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'd like to believe that.

I'm going to be blunt because you're a brother.

We all joke. We all get heated. We all say things we regret.

But there's a pattern with you that has been established for some time. It's not just that you disagree with other MADs on whatever -- that's fine.

It's that right off the bat, you get personal -- snarky, dismissive, condescending. You even preach to others about us as if we're not even in the room.

That's bad enough. But what is (I'll admit) frustrating is when you (a) blow it off as "just joking around" when it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE MERE JOKING, or (b) you get passive-aggressively defensive about it.

That constant stream of elitist (your word!) snark is coming from somewhere. Smells like anger or resentment to me. Know why? Because I have never once seen you say, "You know what? I was out of line there and I apologize for it." If you've ever said that I'd like to see it. You REBUKE publicly. You RIDICULE publicly. You INSINUATE publicly. But you never CONFESS publicly, even when you know you've been caught. "Oh, my bad" or "Sorry that YOU misunderstood me" won't cut it.

That's what bugs me most. I think it bugs a lot of us.

How many MADs have you had this effect on? Several of us. After all, you're the one with a running list of our superstitions.

Sorry, Danoh, but you are into public rebukes so you have this coming: YOU have been the common factor in almost every one of these incidents.

Look. You want to disagree with me on what God may or may not do in the life of the believer today? Fine. Don't care. BUT DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME OR ANYONE ELSE THAT WE'RE BEING SUPERSTITIOUS WHEN YOUR POSITION HAS NO MORE DIRECT, QUOTABLE PAULINE SUPPORT THAN OURS DOES.

GM's call for a truce is correct. An end to hostilities. YOURS. Stop making everything personal. Stop thinking we're too dumb to notice, or that your absurd "Did I do that?" act gives you the slightest plausible deniability. IT DOESN'T, and it's insulting every time you do it. Which is often.

Just stop it already. Please.

Typed in love, believe it or not.

Excellent post. You have real discernment.

Danoh

Concerning who?

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Joel 3:1 For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,

musterion

Always heard the term cessationist defined solely with regard to the apostolic era sign gifts (in which sense I am 100% pro-cessation).

Never heard it defined like the God of the deists: winding up the universe, then taking a hands-off policy and observing from a distance with His arms crossed. That's some breaking news to me.

Danoh

Always heard the term cessationist defined solely with regard to the apostolic era sign gifts (in which sense I am 100% pro-cessation).

Never heard it defined like the God of the deists: winding up the universe, then taking a hands-off policy and observing from a distance with His arms crossed. That's some breaking news to me.

He is VERY hands on - "in you that believe."

The issue is that eternal weight of Glory that God is working in and through the inward man in this Mystery Age.

Thus, Paul's attitude despite his great trials and tribulations...where was his healing and or physical deliverance?

Wrong aspect of God's Two Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

This Mystery Age's Perspective?

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Danoh

When studying this out; look at it from "the things that are not seen" - from passages describing the things not seen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Considering how often you have often posted those very words to me; that's not saying much :chuckle:

Well, I don't remember saying those things to you, however, if I did, something drastically changed about you. I'd be checking your closets for giant seed pods. I can guarantee you this unless you change for the better. you'll never hear my praises again. Get it?

musterion

The issue is that eternal weight of Glory that God is working in and through the inward man in this Mystery Age.

Soooo...that somehow precludes God doing ANYTHING related to the believer's earthly walk.

Interesting logic. I see it, but have no reason to agree with it. You be Mr. Either/Or, I'll be Mr. Both/And.

But will change my mind when you get around to posting C&V where Paul said it.

White areas of the page don't count. Try to use the little black marks.

Thus, Paul's attitude despite his great trials and tribulations...where was his healing and or physical deliverance?

We very likely would not be here had God answered Paul's prayers the way Paul desired.

musterion

Or, perhaps not. But, either way, the Sun will come up tomorrow. There's always a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. It's always darkest before the dawn. And, there's always light at the end of the tunnel

You've given me the excuse I needed. I never pass up a chance for this.

Next up, "You Light Up My Life." Don't make me post it, because I will.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Eve NEVER heard the "Grace Gospel." It didn't exist until the Ascended Lord Jesus Christ gave it to Paul. Nang, your ignorance astounds me.

Then how did Eve's offspring find salvation? (Genesis 6:8-9:1)

On what basis was Abraham made the father of all souls of faith? Romans 4:13-24

To say that the O.T. saints of God never heard or believed of God's saving grace, is an outright lie and denial of the teachings of Holy Scripture.

Repent of this error and stop spreading this lie, or you will die in your sins.