ECT Speaking in tongues

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Seems a bit duplicitous for SOME of you in what amounts to nothing more as to you, as TOL Club MAD Elitists, to take great issue with me when I point a thing out (no matter how I might soften it) though you Club MAD Elitists are ever doing that against other MADs, and not only in your usual one sided in one's face, but without much evidence other than your say so.

And since when does the truly consistent MAD conclude on any issue - including the healing issue - by mere here say and or one's own notions?

The error in approach on the part of some of you in this, together with your one sided duplicity, is, as usual, showing once more.

While I am at it; the reason those of us MADs do not hold to what are nothing more than a residue of how the natural man looks at such things as healings this side of that which is perfect, is not because we "refuse to" but because we have studied the issue out in a manner consistent with studying all things out in light of that which is perfect this side of the full revelation of the Mystery in written form: the full knowledge of our completeness in Christ we ALL NOW have FULL access to the clear understanding of...

Anyone who has bothered to go through The Grace History Project would neither so carelessly assert some MADs simply "refuse to believe in healings" nor endorse such a careless, ignorant, one sided assertion.

If this stings, it only does because you refuse to look at offence, perceived or real, through the Word rightly divided in light of our full completeness in the Lord.

Instead, you allow your flesh to sway you into believing that you are the issue, you have been offended, and its time for payback.

In which case, your response to my words here will matter not; bring them on that I might gladly glory in my infirmities.

In this, thank you for the opportunity your kind's duplicity can only become if I'll walk by faith in my above assertion - in the Word rightly divided as to OUR completeness in Christ.

You have just seen an example of an on the spot healing where such things now really matter...in one's infirmities and those that others and or that life might bring on one.

Yours in Him...a fellow MAD...til Christ be formed in you again...for we each...are to die daily...

You sure have some major 'Anger Issues." Those "Issues" seem to be aimed at MAD Believers. You're somewhat of a "problem child," I see.

Danoh

Sad that a charismatic is making a MAD look bad. Well, not from Scripture but on the MAD's own terms, so at least there's that.

"Not from Scripture but on the MADs own terms," ay?

You writing an autobiography?

:chuckle:

Just exactly how did you study this issue out in Scripture, that you missed it?

Other than the here say you have said you heard "about" and concluded said fellow MADS "refusal" of...

You and I went down this road before.

Go back to what I had merely tried to point out to you about these things way back when, only for you to take issue and start with the potshots.

This issue is obviously beyond where you are at not only in your understanding, but in your understanding of how to study some things out.

Believe me, get past these, and you'll find other issues demanding even greater clarity as to the what of a thing and or how to approach its' study.

I suspect that will be the case for each us til our last breath.

TweetyBird

Well at least you're admitting you're weak and unlearned.
I was a pentecostal back in those days, and i had evangelists praying for me to receive tongues, and i fought them on it from scripture, so I thought. I even had the whole church praying form me to receive tongues, and one evangelist bashing me on the head telling me that I was fighting it. I ended up sitting outside the church in darkness throwing up in the car park because the pressure got too much. I prayed in total sincerity that I would not receive anything that wasn't of God.

I also prayed that I would not receive something not of God, but I did, because I was sitting under deception.

How can faith have a chance if there is not a promise from God?
Hope gives a person a reason to believe.

Hope is not faith and faith is not hope. Faith is believing in God's promise that He will never let us go and He will work everything out for the good, even if it's bad for us. Hope is never letting go in spite of, not because of. There is no promise that God is going to heal because of either faith or hope.

What id God had said, "you might be saved, it depends on whether I will it or not."?

Biblicaly God has promised that all those who call upon His Name will be saved. Check out Rom 10.

So why don't you just believe what the word says? 1Pet 2:24

I do believe what Peter said and quoted from Isaiah 53 - that Jesus healed us from sin. The context Peter words there is about sin, not physical healing ... we have all gone astray.

You do not have scriptural support for a lottery healing theology.

I am pretty sure that God is not waiting for the lottery to heal someone. We live in corruptible bodies. We are going to get sick and we are going to die. You can believe in faith all you want for healing, but it is still up to God. There is no system that can guarantee healing - not a single one. In fact, many of the great faith teaching healers died of disease, not to mention how many are wearing glasses and preaching divine health. It makes me chuckle every time I see one them. Some, like Kenneth Copeland took to wearing contacts to hide his failing eyes. :crackup::eek:

Well, if healing is in the atonement, what you think of me is not really relevant. I will be answerable to God for my own failings, as you will be for yours.

Healing is not part of the atonement. Let me explain why. In the OT animals were killed and their shed blood burned on the altar atoned for sin. It as a shadow of what was to come in Christ - that His blood shed would atone for sin. Never, in the history of Israel's sin sacrifices was there ever the implication of physical healing.

Never in the NT does Jesus ever state that His death was to get you healed. Not once, not ever. There is no verse in the entire NT that says so. So you latch onto 1 Peter 2:24, dance and prance like it's the greatest revelation and claim your healing. If you would actually read the passage, you would see that it's not about healing the body at all - it's not even hinted at.

You don't even realize that the Bible has many texts that refer to "healing from sin". Isa 53 does not say that Jesus died for healing either. Every verse in Isa 53 that refers to His sacrifice is about dying for our transgressions, sin, and iniquities. Not once does it say He died for our earthly bodies to get healed.

Isa 53
Surely he hath borne our griefs,
and carried our sorrows:
yet we did esteem him stricken,
smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities:

the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;
we have turned every one to his own way;
and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted,
yet he opened not his mouth:
he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb,
so he openeth not his mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment:
and who shall declare his generation?
for he was cut off out of the land of the living:
for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

And he made his grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death;
because he had done no violence,
neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him;
he hath put him to grief:
when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin,

he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days,
and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied:
by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many;
for he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong;
because he hath poured out his soul unto death:
and he was numbered with the transgressors;
and he bare the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

Danoh

Danoh, you're beginning to annoy me again.

Why?

Because you had no issue with Musti allegations against fellow MADs but I am somehow excluded from that; right?

Get annoyed all you want - YOU are not the issue.

You only think you are.

You are duplicitous in this nonsense of yours because in your ignorance you make you and some yours the issue.

Grow up.

Everyone is subject to needing a thing having to be pointed out to them.

Just a matter of fair play; not your one sidedness...once more.

TweetyBird

What scriptural basis have you to stand on, that healing is based on God's decision to heal or not to heal?

Job and Paul are both real good examples.

What if you had a child who was very sick, and you had the ability to heal, and you said to your child, "I might heal you, and I might not. It depends how I feel about it".

The only two who have the ability to heal are God and satan. Which one do you think you are?

Danoh

You seek to do battle with those on your own side. What's wrong with you?

Battle is YOUR projection.

Out of your issue with having a thing pointed out to you that you might be better off thinking through a bit more.

THAT is your so called united "front."

You are wrong in this.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why?

Because you had no issue with Musti allegations against fellow MADs but I am somehow excluded from that; right?

Get annoyed all you want - YOU are not the issue.

You only think you are.

You are duplicitous in this nonsense of yours because in your ignorance you make you and some yours the issue.

Grow up.

Everyone is subject to needing a thing having to be pointed out to them.

Just a matter of fair play; not your one sidedness...once more.

You seem to be a little on the "dual personality" side of the street. You have a "Love/hate" relationship with MADs. You're also immature and childlike. You've lost ALL credibility with me.

Danoh

Job and Paul are both real good examples.

The only two who have the ability to heal are God and satan. Which one do you think you are?

The only One Who can and has limited one thing or another at sundry times and in divers manners is God.

TweetyBird

Because without a word from God, there can be no hope.
If you went to a doctor looking for a cure, and he said that there was no cure, you are doomed.
But if he gave you a chance of life, that would be a word of hope.
And so, you have to be sure that God has a word of hope in scripture, otherwise you do not know whether to believe or not.

Psalms 107:20 He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions.

This a big problem - because people are unaware of the old covenant/Mosaic Law - they interpret verses out of that context in the OT. The OT is a not an unlimited pool of verses to snitch and snatch from to make up doctrines like God has to heal you.

Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.

Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat;
and they draw near unto the gates of death.
Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and
he saveth them out of their distresses.
He sent his word, and healed them,
and delivered them from their destructions.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Battle is YOUR projection.

Out of your issue with having a thing pointed out to you that you might be better off thinking through a bit more.

THAT is your so called united "front."

You are wrong in this.

Paranoia is one of your problems. You think MADs are after you. You probably walk down the street and have to keep glancing over your shoulder.

TweetyBird

Because it's by grace through faith.
Remove faith, and you have grace on it's own. That is like a doctor giving you tablets, and you assuming that him giving tablets will heal you.
No, you have to swallow them in faith.

Faith has nothing to do with getting healed due to meds. The meds heal, you don't have to faith in them. That is just goofy thinking.