ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

Soooo...that somehow precludes God doing ANYTHING related to the believer's earthly walk.

Interesting logic. I see it, but have no reason to agree with it. You be Mr. Either/Or, I'll be Mr. Both/And.

But will change my mind when you get around to posting C&V where Paul said it.

White areas of the page don't count. Try to use the little black marks.

We very likely would not be here had God answered Paul's prayers the way Paul desired.

You appear to be taking all this like those who reject MAD because it does not fit where they look at a thing from.

Ours is not to do that as MADs.

Ours is to search the Scriptures daily whether a thing being asserted is so.

Just go through Romans thru Philemon searching out all that Paul says about God's working in the things not seen.

Completely the exact opposite of the Prophetic aspect of God's Two Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

musterion

You appear to be taking all this like those who reject MAD because it does not fit where they look at a thing from.

Sounds like you're going to use the word epistemological next.

Ours is not to do that as MADs.

Ours is to search the Scriptures daily whether a thing being asserted is so.

Just go through Romans thru Philemon searching out all that Paul says about God's working in the things not seen.

Completely the exact opposite of the Prophetic aspect of God's Two Fold Purpose: Prophecy and Mystery.

I don't argue from the silence of Scripture. If it doesn't say a certain thing, I assume it doesn't say it because God did not think it needed said. That leaves it open to speculation and opinion, at our liberty.

Unless you have some of those little black marks I requested. Waiting.......

Danoh

You caught it too?

I asked you to elaborate on what you meant.

It apears now you took that passage out of its context.

This is the problem. You project your ideas into what I said and then believe your conclusion.

What did Paul mean when he used the phrase "in you that believe"?

I even asked you to elaborate on what you meant. Instead, you ran with your notion.

:doh:

musterion

No, you never needed to. We both know why.

attachment.php

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Then how did Eve's offspring find salvation? (Genesis 6:8-9:1)

On what basis was Abraham made the father of all souls of faith? Romans 4:13-24

To say that the O.T. saints of God never heard or believed of God's saving grace, is an outright lie and denial of the teachings of Holy Scripture.

Repent of this error and stop spreading this lie, or you will die in your sins.

I'm sorry Nangster, but, your "spiritual threats" don't exactly send chills up and down my spine.

jimiduzit

I've spoken in a new tongue since the day Yahshuah picked me up, cleaned me up, saved me and filled me up with the power of His Spirit. Yet I've never babbled uncontrollably,nor have I fallen out and flopped around like a fish out of water when being prayed for and having had hands laid on me. The only place I see this "slain in the Spirit" stuff is the night Jesus is arrested where He answers the question of who He is. By the power of His word they all were slain. The modern day "tongues" may be the move of some spirit, but I wouldn't attribute it to the Holy Spirit. It doesn't line up with Scripture.

Interplanner

Sounds like you're going to use the word epistemological next.

I don't argue from the silence of Scripture. If it doesn't say a certain thing, I assume it doesn't say it because God did not think it needed said. That leaves it open to speculation and opinion, at our liberty.

Unless you have some of those little black marks I requested. Waiting.......

re Danoh,
except that there is no two fold brochure about prophecy and mystery in the NT. So much for trying to be Berean.

musterion

I've spoken in a new tongue since the day Yahshuah picked me up, cleaned me up, saved me and filled me up with the power of His Spirit. Yet I've never babbled uncontrollably,nor have I fallen out and flopped around like a fish out of water when being prayed for and having had hands laid on me. The only place I see this "slain in the Spirit" stuff is the night Jesus is arrested where He answers the question of who He is. By the power of His word they all were slain. The modern day "tongues" may be the move of some spirit, but I wouldn't attribute it to the Holy Spirit. It doesn't line up with Scripture.

What language do you miraculously speak?