Since Christ's blood is not for Gentiles, will 2P2Pers please explain what atones

john w

Hall of Fame
The axe is that all the basic support is bogus. The disciples knew the death was coming and went into denial.

Made up. The dbr was hid from them, prior to its occurrence-they were clueless. You were shown, chapter, and verse.

You lied, punk.....You try to explain it away, just like the Jewish leadership tried to explain away, a missing corpse.

You are slick...

God's Truth

You can't tell me what I run into, sorry. You can try to answer it, but you can't tell me. Communication is not what a person thinks, it is the impact their words has on the listener (me).

NT truth is essentially about what is true already in Christ. It is seen by faith now, and will be sight in the NHNE. 2P2P is constantly, incessantly, trying to make the OT visions true in an exact, tight, 'proof' way which must therefore subscribe to a Judaistic monarchy on earth. This is not how the NT reads the OT at all.

2P2P derails immediately in Acts at 2:30 by thinking (even though the astounding ascension and resurrection of Christ has just taken place) that David 'foresaw' a monarchy on earth pretty much restoring a golden age of Israel. That completely blocks out the glory of Christ there, and bludgeons the passage with a second, foreign, unnatural meaning on top of the one that Peter is trying to communicate.

You really worded that perfectly, so profound.
The most important event in all of life happened, Jesus Christ came in the flesh, the Old Testament scriptures finally being fulfilled, all the Law and the Prophets were about the Savior, the plan for salvation through Jesus was made by God before the creation OF ANYTHING...and he comes...but according to the madists there has to be another time, another chance for the Jews, because something went wrong the first time...

I am astounded by the lack of awe and reverence for Jesus Christ by the madists and what he did by coming in the flesh as a Man.

God's Truth

Made up. The dbr was hid from them, prior to its occurrence-they were clueless. You were shown, chapter, and verse.

You lied, punk.....You try to explain it away, just like the Jewish leadership tried to explain away, a missing corpse.

You are slick...

The death burial and resurrection was hid from them?!

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Danoh

The death burial and resurrection was hid from them?!

Jesus preached that he would die for us.

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 10:11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Nope.

Verse 47 is Israel's baptism of repentence for the remission of sins, Acts 2:38.

God's Truth

You are slick...
Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

EVEN THE SINNERS knew Jesus said he would die!

Matthew 27:40 and saying, "You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross!"

Danoh

You really worded that perfectly, so profound.
The most important event in all of life happened, Jesus Christ came in the flesh, the Old Testament scriptures finally being fulfilled, all the Law and the Prophets were about the Savior, the plan for salvation through Jesus was made by God before the creation OF ANYTHING...and he comes...but according to the madists there has to be another time, another chance for the Jews, because something went wrong the first time...

I am astounded by the lack of awe and reverence for Jesus Christ by the madists and what he did by coming in the flesh as a Man.

Maybe he'll also ask you to marry him, and he and PJ can duke it out for ya - though my money's on PJ the T-Shirt wearer beating IP the Bookworm :chuckle:

Danoh

You must have a learning disability, because I gave scripture about the disciples being TAUGHT by JESUS that he would die and raise again.

Let's run with that - that I must have a learning disability. I'll trade ya yours for mine; what say ya :D

Interplanner

Matthew 16:21
From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

EVEN THE SINNERS knew Jesus said he would die!

Matthew 27:40 and saying, "You who are going to destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save Yourself! If You are the Son of God, come down from the cross!"

The question is not post Trans but pre Trans. In pre Trans there are plenty of things like 'the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world' and 'destroy this temple and I will raise it in 3 days' and other things. Frankincense, for ex., is a burial herb...

We all need to keep in mind which time frame we are discussing.

2, the denials of the disciples post-Trans are not utter unawareness. They are clinical denials. It was already simmering in Peter with his outburst, just before. He also made the goofy suggestion of memorializing the location of Moses, Elijah and Christ--a shrine to something other than death. But as we know from clinical denial, the person knows very well what is going on.

3, as for the hiding, it is apparently a consequence of the denial that was needed, otherwise...the crucifixion might have been prevented by their intervention.

God's Truth

Let's run with that - that I must have a learning disability. I'll trade ya yours for mine; what say ya :D

How about you take back what you said about me having a learning disability and for that I will think you are a smart stand up man.

God's Truth

The question is not post Trans but pre Trans. In pre Trans there are plenty of things like 'the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world' and 'destroy this temple and I will raise it in 3 days' and other things. Frankincense, for ex., is a burial herb...

We all need to keep in mind which time frame we are discussing.

2, the denials of the disciples post-Trans are not utter unawareness. They are clinical denials. It was already simmering in Peter with his outburst, just before. He also made the goofy suggestion of memorializing the location of Moses, Elijah and Christ--a shrine to something other than death. But as we know from clinical denial, the person knows very well what is going on.

3, as for the hiding, it is apparently a consequence of the denial that was needed, otherwise...the crucifixion might have been prevented by their intervention.

...okay, this is your expertise, I am probably not helping much because I am looking at the whole picture instead of the time frame. I already talk to the madists mostly only using what Paul says since I know they regard what he says for us, but as for this time thing, I don't quite understand what you mean...isn't explaining how Jesus did explain what would happen mean anything to the madists?
I mean, they say he did not but he did.

Just because the apostles didn't quite get it doesn't mean we shouldn't point out that Jesus did speak of it, right?

Can you help me out in a few sentences what I am missing about the madists and your debate with them?

God's Truth

Maybe he'll also ask you to marry him, and he and PJ can duke it out for ya - though my money's on PJ the T-Shirt wearer beating IP the Bookworm :chuckle:

When I hear someone speak such words of wisdom, my heart inside me feels like it is soaring. It is hard to explain. There are men who think such talk is only of women, but if you read about Paul and how much love and emotions he had you would change your mind about that.

Danoh

How about you take back what you said about me having a learning disability and for that I will think you are a smart stand up man.

Precious GT. You're saying I must have a learning disability doesn't offend me.

Neither does your concluding how smart or not I might be.

Both are merely an opportunity for me to let Christ reign.

Where is that in your doctrine that you are waiting for some fool like me to meet some standard of yours that only when you are apologized to, you will feel satisfied, or whatever?

Where is your "I will gladly glory in my infirmities" during such moments from any fool towards you?

Seems to me, you need Christ to be your all in all, not some knucklehead on some forum, here today; gone tomorrow.

Tribulation WORKETH patience (peace DURING one discomfort or another).

But only to the extent that we focus on "well, I've been hurt - BUT CHRIST DIED FOR ME - YAY!"

It's time you walk in the victory you claim you have.

If not, well then rest in this...

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

See that?

Why?

Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us!

In other words, the love of described in the following...

5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Come on - you mean to tell me that little old nobody me has you in tribulation over a comment?

Quit you - be strong - in Romans 5:8.

Today!

:)

Interplanner

...okay, this is your expertise, I am probably not helping much because I am looking at the whole picture instead of the time frame. I already talk to the madists mostly only using what Paul says since I know they regard what he says for us, but as for this time thing, I don't quite understand what you mean...isn't explaining how Jesus did explain what would happen mean anything to the madists?
I mean, they say he did not but he did.

Just because the apostles didn't quite get it doesn't mean we shouldn't point out that Jesus did speak of it, right?

Can you help me out in a few sentences what I am missing about the madists and your debate with them?

You are missing that their claim is that before the Confession/Trans(figuration) there is no mention of death. To them that would mean another gospel was preached, so they want that to be true. They want to believe the English grammar error that 'gospel of the kingdom' means a gospel ABOUT the kingdom offer/monarchy, that 'might have happened if Israel accepted it.' Instead the original grammar simply means that it was connected to the kingdom, belonged to it.

"There is Peter's coat." = There is a coat that belongs to Peter.

But 2P2P sees 'there is the coat of Peter' and thinks that someone is actually wearing Peter.

Interplanner

Further, they think the monarchy offer will be 'fulfilled' in the future. That is what 'saved' means for Israel in Rom 11:26.

Danoh

When I hear someone speak such words of wisdom, my heart inside me feels like it is soaring. It is hard to explain. There are men who think such talk is only of women, but if you read about Paul and how much love and emotions he had you would change your mind about that.

I, for one, believe that is your true heart :thumb:

God's Truth

Precious GT. You're saying I must have a learning disability doesn't offend me.

Neither does your concluding how smart or not I might be.

Both are merely an opportunity for me to let Christ reign.

Where is that in your doctrine that you are waiting for some fool like me to meet some standard of yours that only when you are apologized to, you will feel satisfied, or whatever?

Where is your "I will gladly glory in my infirmities" during such moments from any fool towards you?

Seems to me, you need Christ to be your all in all, not some knucklehead on some forum, here today; gone tomorrow.

Tribulation WORKETH patience (peace DURING one discomfort or another).

But only to the extent that we focus on "well, I've been hurt - BUT CHRIST DIED FOR ME - YAY!"

It's time you walk in the victory you claim you have.

If not, well then rest in this...

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

See that?

Why?

Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us!

In other words, the love of described in the following...

5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Come on - you mean to tell me that little old nobody me has you in tribulation over a comment?

Quit you - be strong - in Romans 5:8.

Today!

:)

It matters what harmful things you say to others. You should take to heart those scriptures you quote.

God's Truth

All that post IS my heart attitude.

I take you still need an apology?

I take Christ is NOT sufficient for you?

Your heart should be indwelled with love by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

You should be living through the Spirit of God, we do that by obeying His Word.

You heart condition should be alive with gentleness and kindness...

That should be the attitude of your heart. Pleasing Jesus should be the attitude of your heart.