Since Christ's blood is not for Gentiles, will 2P2Pers please explain what atones

God's Truth

Same blood of the New Covenant.

Same Spirit.

But not through said New Covenant.

Rather, through Chist DIRECTLY, by virtue of our death WITH Him, IN Him; the moment we trust He died for our sins.

His blood IS THE blood of the Covenant.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Jerry Shugart

His blood IS THE blood of the Covenant.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

A "covenant" is not the same thing as a "testament." It was the Lord Jesus' death that provided the blessings of His last will and testament.

Today those in the Body of Christ are saved by the new testament, the gospel, and not by the new covenant promised to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Let us look at this verse which speaks of the New Testament:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Cor.3:6).​

When we look at the words describing the New Testament (the spirit giveth life) we can understand that the ministry in question is preaching the gospel. That is the ministry which Paul speaks of here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" [emphasis added] (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).​

God's Truth

A "covenant" is not the same thing as a "testament." It was the Lord Jesus' death that provided the blessings of His last will and testament.

Today those in the Body of Christ are saved by the new testament, the gospel, and not by the new covenant promised to the house of Israel and the house of Judah. Let us look at this verse which speaks of the New Testament:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life" (2 Cor.3:6).​

When we look at the words describing the New Testament (the spirit giveth life) we can understand that the ministry in question is preaching the gospel. That is the ministry which Paul speaks of here:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).​

In the Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary we read the following remarks on 2 Corinthians 3:6:

"spirit giveth life--The spirit of the Gospel when brought home to the heart by the Holy Spirit, gives new spiritual life to a man (Ro 6:4, 11)" [emphasis added] (Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary, Commentary at 2 Corinthians 3:6).​

It is a covenant. Jesus taking away our sins is a covenant.

Romans 11:26-28King James Version (KJV)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

God says it is a covenant:

Galatians 315Brothers, let me put this in human terms. Even a human covenant, once it is ratified, cannot be canceled or amended. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say, “and to seeds,” meaning many, but “and to your seed,” meaning One, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The Law that came four hundred thirty years later does not revoke the covenant previously established by God, so as to cancel the promise.

Gentiles are in that covenant when they come to Jesus to be saved.

Hebrews 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

Those things were a shadow of Jesus.

Now they are a reality to all who come to him by his blood.

Hebrews 10:29 KJV Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Even Paul tells us that Jesus is the MEDIATOR.

Galatians 3:20
A mediator is unnecessary, however, if there is only one party; but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Interplanner

Romans 11:26-28King James Version (KJV)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

God says it is a covenant:

Galatians 315Brothers, let me put this in human terms. Even a human covenant, once it is ratified, cannot be canceled or amended. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say, “and to seeds,” meaning many, but “and to your seed,” meaning One, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The Law that came four hundred thirty years later does not revoke the covenant previously established by God, so as to cancel the promise.

Gentiles are in that covenant when they come to Jesus to be saved.

Hebrews 9:1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

Those things were a shadow of Jesus.

Now they are a reality to all who come to him by his blood.

Hebrews 10:29 KJV Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Even Paul tells us that Jesus is the MEDIATOR.

Galatians 3:20
A mediator is unnecessary, however, if there is only one party; but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jerry's just splintered by all the 2P2P crud he has been told he has to answer to. Yes, the new covenant is a reunification of sorts for Israel--the new one. Because 'he makes all things new.'

Jerry Shugart

Don't you know the difference between a "covenant" and a "testament"?

Evidently not!

Let us look at this verse which speaks of the Lord Jesus' Last will and Testament:

"Therefore, He is the mediator of a new testament, so that those who are called might receive the promise of the eternal inheritance, because a death has taken place for redemption from the transgressions committed under the first covenant"
(Heb.9:15).​

At Hebrews 9:15 the promise which is in regard to the "New Testament" is about an "inheritance," and under a Last Will and Testament it is the "heirs" who receive this inheritance. That is in accordance with the Scriptures which declares that one becomes a heir by the Lord Jesus' Last Will and Testament, the gospel:

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"
(Eph.3:6).​

In his commentary on Hebrews 9:15-22 Matthew Henry wrote that "In these verses the apostle considers the gospel under the notion of a will or testament, the new or last will and testament of Christ..." (Matthew Henry, Commentary on Hebrews 9:15-22)

We can also see that it is a Last Will and Testament which is in view at Hebrews 9:15 because the verses which follow cannot be speaking of anything other than a will:

"For where a testament is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. For a testament is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives" (Heb.9:16-17).​

God's Truth

Don't you know the difference between a "covenant" and a "testament"?

Evidently not!

Let us look at this verse which speaks of the Lord Jesus' Last will and Testament:

"Therefore, He is the mediator of a new testament, so that those who are called might receive the promise of the eternal inheritance, because a death has taken place for redemption from the transgressions committed under the first covenant"
(Heb.9:15).​

At Hebrews 9:15 the promise which is in regard to the "New Testament" is about an "inheritance," and under a Last Will and Testament it is the "heirs" who receive this inheritance. That is in accordance with the Scriptures which declares that one becomes a heir by the Lord Jesus' Last Will and Testament, the gospel:

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"
(Eph.3:6).​

In his commentary on Hebrews 9:15-22 Matthew Henry wrote that "In these verses the apostle considers the gospel under the notion of a will or testament, the new or last will and testament of Christ..." (Matthew Henry, Commentary on Hebrews 9:15-22)

We can also see that it is a Last Will and Testament which is in view at Hebrews 9:15 because the verses which follow cannot be speaking of anything other than a will:

"For where a testament is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it. For a testament is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives" (Heb.9:16-17).​

It is the New Covenant and Testament of Jesus Christ.

You cannot take one out.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry's just splintered by all the 2P2P crud he has been told he has to answer to. Yes, the new covenant is a reunification of sorts for Israel--the new one. Because 'he makes all things new.'

The New Covenant promised to the house of Judah and the house of Israel remains in the future:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more"
(Jer.31:31-34).​

We can see that the "fathers" of those who will belong to the house of Israel and the house of Judah in the future are those who broke the LORD's covenant. It was the physical descendants of Israel who did that. Therefore, since their fathers are the physical descendants of Israel then all those of both houses will also be the physical descendants of Israel.

And all of them, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, will have their sins forgiven and be saved. Since this has never happened in the past we know for a fact that the fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

Jerry Shugart

It is the New Covenant and Testament of Jesus Christ.

Are you really so uninformed that you cannot understand that the following verse is referring to a Last Will and Testament and not to a Covenant?:

"For where a testament (diatheke) is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament (diatheke) is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth"
(Heb.9:16-17).​

Dean Alford wrote that "It is quite vain to deny the testamentary sense of 'diatheke' in this verse....I believe it will be found that we must at all hazards accept the meaning of 'testament,' as being the only one which will in any way meet the plain requirement of the verse" [emphasis added] (Alford, The Greek Testament, IV:173, 174; cf. the renderings of ASV, RSV).

Scott Murray wrote that "the sense of 'last will and testament' was the primary and most prevalent meaning of the word 'diatheke' in Hellenistic Greek" (Murray, "The Concept of Diatheke in the Letter to the Hebrews," Concordia Theological Quarterly, Vol. 66:1, Jan., 2002, p.54-55).

God's Truth

It is 'diatheke' in both cases.

Right.

Covenant and testament concerning Jesus has to do with his dying, which unites these two words. KJV using the word testament at the last supper does not take away from the fact that it was about a covenant that God promised Abraham a long time ago. The KJV got it more right though in Hebrews when it is called a covenant; same scenario but different word shows the word 'covenant' and the word 'testament' are only separated by those who want to cause division.

Jesus is the Lamb of God. Jesus is the God over everyone. Jesus' body unites all.

Jerry Shugart

The KJV got it more right though in Hebrews when it is called a covenant; same scenario but different word shows the word 'covenant' and the word 'testament' are only separated by those who want to cause division.

As usual you pose as an expert on things of which you are completely ignorant.

J. H. Moulton and G. Milligan say that diatheke "is properly 'dispositio,' an 'arrangement' made by one party with plenary power, which the other party may accept or reject, but cannot alter. A 'will' is simply the most conspicuous example of such an instrument, which ultimately monopolized the word just because it suited its differentia so completely" [emphasis added] (J.H. Molton and G. Milligan, The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament [Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1930], 148).

So we can see that the Greek word diatheke can mean a "Promissory Disposition" and it can also mean a "Last will and Testament."

God's Truth

The Jews had a covenant with God, which the Gentiles were excluded from because they did not want to be in that covenant. That is why they were called ungodly. They did not want to enter into the covenant with God. They did not get circumcised, for it was about a blood relative of Abraham that the Savior would come. Later, carried down to Moses, circumcision was sign and seal of all blood relatives of Abraham, to whom the Savior would come; but now more rules and regulations were coming through. God would bring the Messiah through holy people, the people who were blood related to Abraham and to whom were righteous, to those who knew better. God did promise Abraham before he was circumcised. Circumcision came later, faith and not by the work of circumcision is a promise when the Messiah would come, it was a future covenant. There would be a new covenant and it is fulfilled in Christ. See, anyone could do certain works, but not really have a heart that God accepts. The old law was about works and not about what was in the heart. God did not like that. However, the new covenant would come, the new covenant would be about faith and not about circumcision. How anyone could separate Jews from Gentiles, and divide Jesus is beyond me. The covenant of circumcision that Abraham had was extended to his blood relatives, his descendants, to whom one of them would come the Messiah. When Jesus finally came, he was indeed blood related to Abraham and to David. Now the only blood that matters is the blood of Jesus, and those who come to God through that blood that washes sins. Jesus is the Lamb of God to all, to the Jews who used the blood of animals, and to the Gentiles who were excluded because they did not use the blood of animals.

God's Truth

As usual you pose as an expert on things of which you are completely ignorant.

J. H. Moulton and G. Milligan say that diatheke "is properly 'dispositio,' an 'arrangement' made by one party with plenary power, which the other party may accept or reject, but cannot alter. A 'will' is simply the most conspicuous example of such an instrument, which ultimately monopolized the word just because it suited its differentia so completely" [emphasis added] (J.H. Molton and G. Milligan, The Vocabulary of the Greek Testament [Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1930], 148).

So we can see that the Greek word diatheke can mean a "Promissory Disposition" and it can also mean a "Last will and Testament."

'Plenary power'? Hahahahahahaa

The wisdom from God is hidden from the wise and learned.

That means it is hidden from those who say hey I went to college and learned about God.

God gives wisdom and knowledge to little children.

That means that God gives wisdom to those who humble themselves and repent of their sins, even the sin of pride in your mighty high bogus exultation place that you went to school, your college, and titles, and it means, nothing concerning God. You are further from God than you will ever know.

God's Truth

The testament is the covenant, and Jesus is the promise before circumcision and after.

The Gentiles were included, just like one part of the promise says.

When his body died that is when and how he makes the two groups one.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Ephesians 2:15 by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20 and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Ephesians 2:15 by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace

Ephesians 2:17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.

Colossians 1:20 and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 3:11 Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, or free, but Christ is all and is in all.

The promise given a long time ago would be a blood relative to Abraham would come the Savior, and that after that, only the Savior's blood would reconcile the whole world to God.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Everytime the new covenant for the sins of mankind is explained in plain English, the brilliant 2P2P guys here turn on their TVs for more cartoons and go 'huh'? Please explain that, IP.

I have therefore come to the conclusion that Christ crucified in 2P2P has nothing to do with Gentiles, because then the 2P2P confusion of the new covenant would be exposed naked for what it is.

Logically, this means that some other crucifixion or gospel or method of atonement is now needed for the sins of Gentiles (inc. me--INCLUDING THEM!!!).

They must explain what this method is and when and where.

Why don't you debate doctrine that Mid-Acts Dispensationalists actually believe?

You're just a straw man factory.

Interplanner

Why don't you debate doctrine that Mid-Acts Dispensationalists actually believe?

You're just a straw man factory.

Because words mean things. They say these stupid things and then think they are exempt from analysis or criticism or logical discussion.

Anyway, THIS complaint IS what they believe. I run into it all the time.