Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
Love your candor and honesty kmoney. God says that He will judge on the last day like His Word states for "the effeminate," and all those who will not inheritate the kingdom of God. Our jobs are to be witnesses for the lost, whether in or out of prison, laws or no laws, homosexual or straight.
Of course Christian's primary purpose is to spread the gospel, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't advocate laws that they feel should be in place. Also, you are right that God will "judge on the last day", but I would say that God still wants governments to have righteous laws in place. God isn't indifferent about legislation. Yes, God will do his thing on judgment day, but we need to do our part now. That doesn't change the fact that I don't want homosexuality to be a crime, but like I said, I hate the normalization that is happening to homosexuality. Neither side I agree with.

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
:idunno: man. I'm not really sure how "criminals" like that would be found.

Uh-huuuuuuuh.

How about this: they're ratted out by self-righteous, paranoid, sexually-repressed fanatics; they're rounded up and arrested in the dead of night; they're murdered by the state.

For crying out loud, man, how does it usually work in a regime? Any regime? You think these people will be arrested in broad daylight?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Uh-huuuuuuuh.

How about this: they're ratted out by self-righteous, paranoid, sexually-repressed fanatics; they're rounded up and arrested in the dead of night; they're murdered by the state.
Well there ya go, I guess you just answered your own question.

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Well there ya go, I guess you just answered your own question.

You're pulling the same act Apologist is: when the questions get too uncomfortable you play dumb.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
You're pulling the same act Apologist is: when the questions get too uncomfortable you play dumb.
Dude, I've already said that if that's the way it would happen I wouldn't approve. And I have also said I don't know how else it would happen. I'm not sure what you want me to say. :confused:

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Dude, I've already said that if that's the way it would happen I wouldn't approve. And I have also said I don't know how else it would happen. I'm not sure what you want me to say. :confused:

So you wouldn't approve of snitching or round ups. But you're not sure what the alternative would be. Mmm.

Sometimes a very wretched suggestion becomes damn near unthinkable when you start to wonder how it would actually work. And I really hope no one but the most dreadfully warped here on TOL play out scenarios in their head for the round up of homosexual Americans. Then again, I'm sure the real sickos get off on that.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Not really. Right now I don't want it to keep moving the way it's going, but I also don't want to criminalize it. So I don't know what to say.
Why not?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
What's sad about saying what you believe???
What's sad is that you believe it.

He doesn't in the NT. Gee, seems like I have said this before :crackup:
Do you seriously, honestly, think that makes a difference?! And besides, He never revoked the command, in the NT, or any other time!

I am sure that I will see the movie, since my daughter gets all of the new releases when they hit the stores. I hope it isn't one of those that ticks me off :madmad:
It's still in theaters. And I thought it was well produced, well written, and such, but it's very liberal.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
What?!:noway:
Yeah, I bet that's a real shock to you. ;)

And I forgot this in my last post.....

Kutless rocks! I just got their "Strong Tower" album and it is great. :guitar: :up:

Big Mouth Nana

kmoney said:
Of course Christian's primary purpose is to spread the gospel, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't advocate laws that they feel should be in place. Also, you are right that God will "judge on the last day", but I would say that God still wants governments to have righteous laws in place. God isn't indifferent about legislation. Yes, God will do his thing on judgment day, but we need to do our part now. That doesn't change the fact that I don't want homosexuality to be a crime, but like I said, I hate the normalization that is happening to homosexuality. Neither side I agree with.
I agree that homosexuality has been accepted as the "norm," but I can only go by this passage here of the times that we are in:
2nd Tim 3:1-7 ~ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
IN THIS SAME CHAPTER IT STATES THIS:
2nd Tim 3:13 ~ But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
God isn't going to do a thing about homosexuals until judgment day. They are afforded the same plan of salvation as we were, and thank God that some are being delivered. As far as our government doing anything, they could care less. If all of the homosexuals were rounded up and jailed, our governemt would look at it as tax $$$$$$ going out the window with them incarcerated. Our tax dollars would be feeding them in prison instead of taking their money from their pay checks. Homo's do work :) There wouldn't be an instant execution. Look at all of the murderers sitting on death row that we are feeding.
I want righteousness to prevail in our laws, but I have been on this earth almost 56 years now, and have seen righteousness in this nation heading for the "outhouse". Signs of the times, and getting closer to the Lords return when He judges.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Yeah, I bet that's a real shock to you. ;)
How can you not scripturally support it? Seriously?

And I forgot this in my last post.....

Kutless rocks! I just got their "Strong Tower" album and it is great. :guitar: :up:
I still don't have that one. And their new one, the one in my avatar, just came out yesterday. I want that one too. The lyric quote in my sig is from that new album. The song is great!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
How can you not scripturally support it? Seriously?
Wait, I think we may be talking about different things. What are you wanting scriptural support for?

I still don't have that one. And their new one, the one in my avatar, just came out yesterday. I want that one too. The lyric quote in my sig is from that new album. The song is great!
I didn't know they had a new one out. I'll have to check it out! I highly recommend getting "Strong Tower". The one thing that surprised me though is that most of the songs are just worship songs that they redid. They are good, don't get me wrong, but I didn't realize that only a few songs are actually theirs.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
That homosexuality should be outlawed.
Yeah, I thought there was confusion. I meant that my stance isn't scripturally supported.

All you have to do is post this verse:
1Ti 1:9 having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers,
1Ti 1:10 whoremongers, sodomites, men-stealers, liars, perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that to sound doctrine is adverse,​
Case closed, isn't it?? :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
Yeah, I thought there was confusion. I meant that my stance isn't scripturally supported.

All you have to do is post this verse:
<b>
1Ti 1:9 having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers,
1Ti 1:10 whoremongers, sodomites, men-stealers, liars, perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that to sound doctrine is adverse,​
</b>
Case closed, isn't it?? :chuckle:
I see. So why is this your stance, then?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I see. So why is this your stance, then?
I guess like I said I think more harm will be done than good. I realize that most in support of it being a capital crime think that in doing so you will help homosexuals realize their perversion. I don't exactly agree. I think making it a crime will cause those who need help with it to be afraid to get that help. Homosexuality is a very complex sin and I do not think that making it a crime will make the situation better. I think it may get worse. I know that I've been sorta a hypocrite in this thread and I also realize that I'm basically ignoring scripture in this matter. I know some people will do fancy greek studies to explain verses away, but I'm unconvinced by it.