Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No Worries said:
Its one reason why it should not be a crime and an example of what a mistake it would be if it were to be so.
If that would happen that would be wrong, but it is irrelevant when discussing whether or not something should be a crime. You're talking about how the law would be carried out or unnecessary consequences of the law, which has no bearance on the law itself.

No Worries

If criminalising an act would lead to persecution of a people then the act itself would never be passed. How would you prevent such lynching from taking place, if you can't - that it will encourage crime and if it will not (as it would be difficult to enforce) prevent homosexuality then it would never be criminalized.

Its an example of how pointless the question is. Not only is there no reason for it to be criminalised but it would actively lead to further criminal acts.

Big Mouth Nana

kmoney said:
This whole lynching thing is just an assumption of how it might work and you and BMN are using it as an argument against laws against homosexuality. Is it a possibility? Sure. Is it an inevitability like you seem to think so? No.
And in any case, it should be considered irrelevant when the question is should it be a crime.
To answer the question of should it be a crime...okay...NO!!!!!! I don't know how the policing situation is in other parts of the country, but here in California it takes them upwards from 30 - 45 minutes to come to a call. A lot of crime in California :cry: I do believe that law enforcement would be spending better time going after the real problems on this planet where we DO have laws.... like murderers, thieves, gang bangers causing trouble, drug pushers, rapests, child molesters, drunk drivers etc.
In California, they are letting prisoners out on early release programs because of the over crowding. I just can't see them throwing homosexuals in prison, when they are letting out thieves and those who do other crimes early. Ya know though, I would love to see how this would turn out on a ballot to vote on. I guarentee you that it would lose, at least here in California...probably the homo capital of the west....and that's not why I am against a law for this :D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
I never say anything that I do not believe.
That's just sad.

Snitch!!! Murderers or thieves I can see turning them in. Homo's? I am laughing my butt off!!!
:squint:

Like execution, :rotfl:
If execution for homosexuality is unGodly, why did God command it?:rolleyes:

By the way, your new avatar looks like a satanic Zoro minus his sword.
It's V from V for Vendetta, the new movie.

Evee

Homosexuality should not be a crime..If that was the case there are people out there that would lynch, if a man wore a pink shirt.
It would be pure chaos.
They would most likely.. if they were suspicious go to ones home and arrest them.
This is a hypothetical of course.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
Homosexuality should not be a crime..If that was the case there are people out there that would lynch, if a man wore a pink shirt.
It would be pure chaos.
They would most likely.. if they were suspicious go to ones home and arrest them.
This is a hypothetical of course.
Yeah, because vigilanteism wouldn't be a crime.:rolleyes:

Evee

Lighthouse said:
Yeah, because vigilanteism wouldn't be a crime.:rolleyes:
Huh...What?
Well of course people would break the law.... since it would be to catch those evil homosexual that would be ok! :mad:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Evee said:
Huh...What?
Well of course people would break the law.... since it would be to catch those evil homosexual that would be ok! :mad:
I'm going to buy you a sarcasm detector, and some common sense, okay?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Either that or the implications bother you too much. As they should.
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I guess by "implications" you mean the "blackbaggin" from V for Vendetta, which I would not OK. And for the record, I don't think homosexuality should be a capital crime. I know from the way I've been arguing it makes it seem like I do, but I don't. Just figured I'd clear that up. Despite that, I still think bringing in the "lynch mob" argument is irrelevant.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
kmoney said:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. I guess by "implications" you mean the "blackbaggin" from V for Vendetta, which I would not OK. And for the record, I don't think homosexuality should be a capital crime. I know from the way I've been arguing it makes it seem like I do, but I don't. Just figured I'd clear that up. Despite that, I still think bringing in the "lynch mob" argument is irrelevant.
You at least believe it should be a crime, though, right?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No Worries said:
If criminalising an act would lead to persecution of a people then the act itself would never be passed. How would you prevent such lynching from taking place, if you can't - that it will encourage crime and if it will not (as it would be difficult to enforce) prevent homosexuality then it would never be criminalized.

Its an example of how pointless the question is. Not only is there no reason for it to be criminalised but it would actively lead to further criminal acts.
Of course you can't prevent all lynchings, but you can certainly, and should certainly, crminalize such lynchings.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
You at least believe it should be a crime, though, right?
Not really. Right now I don't want it to keep moving the way it's going, but I also don't want to criminalize it. So I don't know what to say.

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
That's just sad.
What's sad about saying what you believe???

f execution for homosexuality is unGodly, why did God command it?:rolleyes:
He doesn't in the NT. Gee, seems like I have said this before :crackup:

It's V from V for Vendetta, the new movie.
I am sure that I will see the movie, since my daughter gets all of the new releases when they hit the stores. I hope it isn't one of those that ticks me off :madmad:

Big Mouth Nana

kmoney said:
Not really. Right now I don't want it to keep moving the way it's going, but I also don't want to criminalize it. So I don't know what to say.
Love your candor and honesty kmoney. God says that He will judge on the last day like His Word states for "the effeminate," and all those who will not inheritate the kingdom of God. Our jobs are to be witnesses for the lost, whether in or out of prison, laws or no laws, homosexual or straight.

Just Tom

BMN
Because it is not the law of our land for homo's, and I know in my heart that it never will be. I trust God, and I firmly believe that He see's what I see would happen if this did become a law. Not righteousness prevailing, but men's hearts perverting their own brand of justice. I would bet that there are more homo's then murderers, and murderers are generally caught...law of the land. If they aren't caught and do not repent, last day judgement. Either way they get judged and sentenced. Same with homo's and ALL who do not repent.

Now she believes that God will see it her way. In direct contratiction to his own word..

Wow I am angery at her just like Jesus was and is. Her heart is hard!

DO not cast your pearls before swine....

She is steeped in her own sin which is why she advocates the positions that she does..

Big Mouth Nana

Just Tom said:
BMN

Now she believes that God will see it her way. In direct contratiction to his own word..

Wow I am angery at her just like Jesus was and is. Her heart is hard!

DO not cast your pearls before swine....

She is steeped in her own sin which is why she advocates the positions that she does..
Here is a "pearl" for you, and this is just plain old rationalization here. I see you with all of the other totally lost people, swimming in a huge lake of fire, screaming your head off from the pain and being seperated from God. My prayer is that every conversation that you have had with a TRUE child of God, will be playing over and over in your mind, as the torment of burning for ever and ever permeates your body. I hope God sees to it that you have your own section, and he throws all of those homo's who didn't accept Jesus in there with you. Hows is that for my hard heartedness??
GET BORN AGAIN...YOU ARE TOTALLY LOST.....and not very intelligent either :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:

How else do you think it would work?