Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
I realize that most in support of it being a capital crime think that in doing so you will help homosexuals realize their perversion.

Pardon my intrusion...

But speaking for myself, it would be my hope to curb the behavior itself. Keep it off the streets, out of the parks and public restrooms, out of public school, etc. It would also curb the spread of AIDS. Which is a pretty heavy death penalty in itself.

I think making it a crime will cause those who need help with it to be afraid to get that help.

It is now. Homosexuals make it difficult to leave the fold and often disparage therapies and ex homosexuals.

Homosexuality is a very complex sin ...

Aren't they all? I can agree that sexual perversion is one of the harder addictions to break.

and I do not think that making it a crime will make the situation better.

I not only think it would curb public displays, I think it would deter people from getting into it. Of course there will always be those few who believe it's worth their lives, for example: murderers. Some will be intent on breaking the law. But that's why the law has penalties right? To stop those few who can't control themselves enough not to break the law.

I also realize that I'm basically ignoring scripture in this matter. I know some people will do fancy greek studies to explain verses away, but I'm unconvinced by it.

I haven't been on this thread in a while, so if you wouldn't mind at all, please catch me up to speed as to why you are ignoring Scripture?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
I agree that homosexuality has been accepted as the "norm," but I can only go by this passage here of the times that we are in:
2nd Tim 3:1-7 ~ This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
IN THIS SAME CHAPTER IT STATES THIS:
2nd Tim 3:13 ~ But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
God isn't going to do a thing about homosexuals until judgment day. They are afforded the same plan of salvation as we were, and thank God that some are being delivered. As far as our government doing anything, they could care less. If all of the homosexuals were rounded up and jailed, our governemt would look at it as tax $$$$$$ going out the window with them incarcerated. Our tax dollars would be feeding them in prison instead of taking their money from their pay checks. Homo's do work :) There wouldn't be an instant execution. Look at all of the murderers sitting on death row that we are feeding.
I want righteousness to prevail in our laws, but I have been on this earth almost 56 years now, and have seen righteousness in this nation heading for the "outhouse". Signs of the times, and getting closer to the Lords return when He judges.
Well, to be honest I don't think that "without natural affection" means homosexuality. But in any case, even if God isn't going to do anything until judgment day, that doesn't mean he wants us to do nothing also.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:
Pardon my intrusion...
No pardon necessary.

But speaking for myself, it would be my hope to curb the behavior itself. Keep it off the streets, out of the parks and public restrooms, out of public school, etc. It would also curb the spread of AIDS. Which is a pretty heavy death penalty in itself.
Well if you're talking about keeping the actual act out of all those places of course I agree, but that applies to heterosexual acts as well.

It is now. Homosexuals make it difficult to leave the fold and often disparage therapies and ex homosexuals.
That is true. We saw it on TOL unfortunately.

Aren't they all? I can agree that sexual perversion is one of the harder addictions to break.
And I think homosexuality is even harder than other sexual perversions.

I not only think it would curb public displays, I think it would deter people from getting into it. Of course there will always be those few who believe it's worth their lives, for example: murderers. Some will be intent on breaking the law. But that's why the law has penalties right? To stop those few who can't control themselves enough not to break the law.
Well honestly I don't think it would curb private acts much simply because how are they going to get caught?? That is of course NOT an argument against making it law though.

And like I said earlier. People may be afraid to act on it, but they will also be afraid to get any help and they will be stuck.

I haven't been on this thread in a while, so if you wouldn't mind at all, please catch me up to speed as to why you are ignoring Scripture?
Well I'm new to this thread too. I've just posted a few things in the past few pages. I guess it comes down to me thinking making it a crime will be worse than criminalizing it so I'm saying don't make it a crime. As of now anyway.....

Just Tom

Big Mouth Nana said:
Here is a "pearl" for you, and this is just plain old rationalization here. I see you with all of the other totally lost people, swimming in a huge lake of fire, screaming your head off from the pain and being seperated from God. My prayer is that every conversation that you have had with a TRUE child of God, will be playing over and over in your mind, as the torment of burning for ever and ever permeates your body. I hope God sees to it that you have your own section, and he throws all of those homo's who didn't accept Jesus in there with you. Hows is that for my hard heartedness??
GET BORN AGAIN...YOU ARE TOTALLY LOST.....and not very intelligent either :think:

Oh how ignorant the prophets of Baal!

The plain old rationalization is all you have since you don't know but how to pull scripture out of context to justify your pretext..

Have a nice delusion!!

Big Mouth Nana

kmoney said:
Well, to be honest I don't think that "without natural affection" means homosexuality. But in any case, even if God isn't going to do anything until judgment day, that doesn't mean he wants us to do nothing also.
You don't??? What do you think that it means? Homosexuality sure isn't natural :shocked: One thing that we as Christians should be doing is praying for their deliverance. Can you imagine the breakthrough in the homosexual community if every Christian were praying for them.....instead of wanting them executed? It's not like they are a threat to us.... if we all stay in our own marriage beds. I don't blame the homosexuals for Aids. It didn't start with two homosexuals. This article is interesting about just where Aids came from.
http://www.thebody.com/wa/spring98/begin.html

Big Mouth Nana

Just Tom said:
Oh how ignorant the prophets of Baal!

The plain old rationalization is all you have since you don't know but how to pull scripture out of context to justify your pretext..

Have a nice delusion!!
Get on your knees and ask God to save your lost soul. Your delusion is that you are saved :doh:

Catatumba

Big Mouth Nana said:
Get on your knees and ask God to save your lost soul. Your delusion is that you are saved :doh:
What would you have done if Jesus was a gay character type guy?
Crucify him, crucify him...!! :ha:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
kmoney said:
No pardon necessary.

Thank you :eek:

Well if you're talking about keeping the actual act out of all those places of course I agree, but that applies to heterosexual acts as well.

Of course. I'll add and enforce decency laws.

And I think homosexuality is even harder than other sexual perversions.

And others are harder still. It's a heart issue. Only Christ can heal that wound.

Well honestly I don't think it would curb private acts much simply because how are they going to get caught?? That is of course NOT an argument against making it law though.

Can't prosecute wthout evidence.

And like I said earlier. People may be afraid to act on it, but they will also be afraid to get any help and they will be stuck.

Why would someone be afraid to seek help trying to get out of a lifestyle that was unlawful? It doesn't seem drug addicts have that fear. A bit of shame maybe in some cases, but not fear.

Well I'm new to this thread too. I've just posted a few things in the past few pages. I guess it comes down to me thinking making it a crime will be worse than criminalizing it so I'm saying don't make it a crime. As of now anyway.....

Well, if you think God knows men better than men do, then you might also think He knows best....:)

Just Tom

It's not like they are a threat to us.... if we all stay in our own marriage beds. I don't blame the homosexuals for Aids.

How a person can be so confused and contradict themselves one sentence after another I can only remember. I was like that when I was a delusional God hater also.

They are not a threat to us is the biggest delusion.. Are you harboring homosexual desires? you really seem to like them and want us to love them in their sin..

May God open your scale filled eyes and soften your hard heart..

You are a fleshy, non-spiritually discerning person...

Big Mouth Nana

Just Tom said:
How a person can be so confused and contradict themselves one sentence after another I can only remember. I was like that when I was a delusional God hater also.
You are still a delusional God hater. Anyone who doesn't know Gods heart doesn't know God. It is evident that you get as much out of the bible as reading a Mad Magazine, and have about the same mental capability :kookoo:

They are not a threat to us is the biggest delusion.. Are you harboring homosexual desires? you really seem to like them and want us to love them in their sin..
What a retard!!! If you don't love the lost...which homo's are lost, then you don't know God's heart. We don't love their sin, but should love them enough to point them in the right direction to wholeness, or praying for their deliverance. Actually, I have been married longer then I can recall, and am very much into the "male genetalia." Anyone that is homophobic as you are has a really big problem. I bet you are afraid to bend over in male company....maybe not, and this is all a diversion to what you really love. You protest to much which sets off my warning bells.

May God open your scale filled eyes and soften your hard heart..
My sight is fine, and at least I have a heart.

You are a fleshy, non-spiritually discerning person...
..and you have the anti-christ spirit of your father the devil. I wish that there was a puking smilie, because ever time I read one of your illiterate posts, I want to wretch. My 6 year old grand kid has more understanding then you do. :loser:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I have a question. For all of you who want to know where the NT says that homosexuality should still be a capital crime, can you show me where it says it shouldn't?

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
I have a question. For all of you who want to know where the NT says that homosexuality should still be a capital crime, can you show me where it says it shouldn't?
For all of us who want to know where the NT says that homosexuality should still be a capital crime???? It doesn't Brandon. NEW COVENANT!!!!!!!!! GRACE!!!!! FREEWILL!!!! LAST DAY JUDGMENT!!!!!!!!! NO HOMO EXECUTIONS!!!!!! GIVE UP YOUR HOPE FOR THIS :bang: IT'S NOT OUR LAW...and never will be!!!!!!!!!! CHRIST FULFILLED THE LAW!!!!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
For all of us who want to know where the NT says that homosexuality should still be a capital crime???? It doesn't Brandon. NEW COVENANT!!!!!!!!! GRACE!!!!! FREEWILL!!!! LAST DAY JUDGMENT!!!!!!!!! NO HOMO EXECUTIONS!!!!!! GIVE UP YOUR HOPE FOR THIS :bang: IT'S NOT OUR LAW...and never will be!!!!!!!!!! CHRIST FULFILLED THE LAW!!!!
The problem with your postion is that it the NT does not say it should not be. And you cannot prove otherwise.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
The problem with your postion is that it the NT does not say it should not be. And you cannot prove otherwise.

Anything at all to justify killing people you fear and dislike. Nice job.

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Yes I can, and I have scripture that has supported this, but you refuse to see it. God is a Spirit, His Word is Spirit, and those who understand it have to have it revealed by the Spirit. The major part that is messing you up is the New Covenant which hasn't been revealed by the Spirit. As you told me a few nights ago, their is no New Covenant, which would mean that Jesus didn't die....which means that you had no One to atone for your sins, OR ANY SINNER...which means that we are all still under the OT laws....which means that we are all going to hell because we aren't bringing a sacrifice to the Priest to atone for our sins.....which means that it wouldn't matter doing the sacrifice or not, because in Gods eyes, we would NEVER be in right standing with Him....which finally means that we are all going to hell anyway!!!
I think that the words to this song say it better then any Christian song as of yet:
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.
That saved a WRETCH like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
Was blind, but now I see.
John 1:14 ~ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of GRACE and truth. God and His Word are the same thing. He fulfilled His Word through His Son...no OT "Leviticus" executions. Are we still under the "Levitical" Priesthood? NO!!! Are we still under "Levitical" law, NO!!!! We are under the Grace of God by the death and resurrection of His Son, and Jesus is now our High Priest. It is "whosoever" believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life ~John 3:16.
Another song came out about 8 months ago, that people with your thinking need to get into your hearts.
GOD IS GOD, AND I AM NOT!!!

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
Yes I can, and I have scripture that has supported this, but you refuse to see it. God is a Spirit, His Word is Spirit, and those who understand it have to have it revealed by the Spirit. The major part that is messing you up is the New Covenant which hasn't been revealed by the Spirit. As you told me a few nights ago, their is no New Covenant, which would mean that Jesus didn't die....which means that you had no One to atone for your sins, OR ANY SINNER...which means that we are all still under the OT laws....which means that we are all going to hell because we aren't bringing a sacrifice to the Priest to atone for our sins.....which means that it wouldn't matter doing the sacrifice or not, because in Gods eyes, we would NEVER be in right standing with Him....which finally means that we are all going to hell anyway!!!
I think that the words to this song say it better then any Christian song as of yet:
Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.
That saved a WRETCH like me.
I once was lost, but now I'm found.
Was blind, but now I see.
John 1:14 ~ And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of GRACE and truth. God and His Word are the same thing. He fulfilled His Word through His Son...no OT "Leviticus" executions. Are we still under the "Levitical" Priesthood? NO!!! Are we still under "Levitical" law, NO!!!! We are under the Grace of God by the death and resurrection of His Son, and Jesus is now our High Priest. It is "whosoever" believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life ~John 3:16.
Another song came out about 8 months ago, that people with your thinking need to get into your hearts.
GOD IS GOD, AND I AM NOT!!!
You have proven nothing. Jesus never recanted any of the laws, and Paul only showed that the law was no longer necessary for salvation, and that the symbolic laws should no longer be exercised, period. But the Bible gives ample evidence, in the old and new testaments that certain things are wrong, period, no matter who you are, or your standing with Christ, and that these things should be crimes, some even capital crimes. And you have not proven, and cannot prove, otherwise.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Anything at all to justify killing people you fear and dislike. Nice job.
Who said anything about fear? I believe murderers should get the death penalty too. There's no need to justify anything. Especially since the only One I need to be justified to has justified me already.

And I never said anything about killing you, either.

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
You have proven nothing. Jesus never recanted any of the laws, and Paul only showed that the law was no longer necessary for salvation, and that the symbolic laws should no longer be exercised, period. But the Bible gives ample evidence, in the old and new testaments that certain things are wrong, period, no matter who you are, or your standing with Christ, and that these things should be crimes, some even capital crimes. And you have not proven, and cannot prove, otherwise.
Sure there are a lot of things wrong mentioned in the NT...like SIN. Show me in the NT where it says that homosexuality is a capital crime? True, Jesus never recanted the laws, because He fulfilled them Himself. In other words, he became the law for us, and got rid of all of the ordinances that went with them. Now through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, these laws are written in our hearts so that we do not sin against God....BUT, if we do, we have an advocate to the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord who intercedes on our behalf before God when we repent of our sins. Jesus is our High Priest...not a Levitical fleshly priest.
Gee, I would think that if God wanted us to have execution laws for homosexuals, He would have had it in place by now in these modern times.... don't ya think? After all, this is about the most homosexual generation in history. We make Sodom and Gomorrah look like an Amish community on Sunday morning.

Big Mouth Nana

Catatumba said:
What would you have done if Jesus was a gay character type guy?
Crucify him, crucify him...!! :ha:
Well, if you can feature Jesus as being gay, even as a "what if," I wonder where your salvation is??? For one thing, He said that the effiminate would not inherit the kingdom of God. Now, that would make Him a hypocrite by saying that. **I wonder where people come up with this stuff**