Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
Yes, I have read other topics on TOL. They have about the same mindset as this one does, and the same people. God knows the future right down to mans evilness and His thoughts. He does know our thoughts!! I think that the only thing that He doesn't know is who is going to accept His Son, and that is only because He gave us freewill.
Prove it. Give me the scripture that says God has exhaustive foreknowledge of the future. Prove that He knows our thoughts before we think them.

I have no trouble understanding what has been fulfilled through Christ. You are totally blinded to living in those old laws in the OT, and haven't come over totally to the new covenant.
The Old Covenant has been done away with. The New Covenant has been done away with. We are now saved by grace, alone. And the covenants, and the dispensation of grace, are about salvation, and salvation only. They have absolutely nothing to do with criminal law, or governmental rule. They have absolutely nothing to do with temporal punishment for any actions.

Do you think a parent has no right to discipline their child for lying, because the child is under the grace of God?

Quit putting words in my mouth Brandon. I never said that. They do deserve death, but if it isn't our law to execute them, then God will on the last day..if they don't repent. According to what he wants to believe...not what God actually said for the NT. I just read this article by your hero, and he omits one very important thing...the laws were fulfilled in Christ!!!
That's not the point! The point is whether or not it should be! Not whether or not it is, you moron! And Bob Enyart is not my hero.

And you are forgetting that Paul says we fulfill the laws by grace. How can we fulfill the laws if Christ already did? Unless fulfilling the law doesn't mean what you think it means.:think:

You're nicer than God.

http://www.theologyonline.com/DEATH.HTML

The Mosaic law was still in effect in the New Testament according to Jesus:

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets... Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great..." Mat. 5:17-19
And Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded as a testimony to them." Mat. 8:4
"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do..." Mat. 23:2-3
[Jesus said,] "Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? ... Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath?" John 7:19-23

I refuse to be under the curse, but you can if you so desire by living in the OT laws.
Gal 3:13 ~ Christ hath redeemed us from the CURSE of the LAW, being made a CURSE for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
At His death on the cross, the laws were fulfilled in Him!!!!
It looks like you missed the first Scripture quoted in that article. "... Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.":idea:

And I don't desire to live according to the OT laws. Not for salvation. But I do desire to never commit an act of homosexuality, or murder, or perjury, or adultery... are you really this stupid? Do you not get this? At all?

Or do you just desire to not live according to any of the Mosaic law? Do you think adultery, murder, rape, perjury and the like should be legal? Do you think it's okay for people to live a homosexual deathstyle?

Grow a brain.

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Prove it. Give me the scripture that says God has exhaustive foreknowledge of the future.
Jer 29:11~ For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Psalm 37:23 ~ The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
Prove that He knows our thoughts before we think them.
Who said before we think them??? Try reading what is actually written Brandon...Psalm 94:11 ~ The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

The New Covenant has been done away with.
Have you lost your mind completly??!!! The New Covenant is the New Testament of Jesus Christ!!! Is Jesus dead???
They have absolutely nothing to do with criminal law, or governmental rule. They have absolutely nothing to do with temporal punishment for any actions.
Yes they do!!! Jesus said to obey those in power and the laws of the land. That is in the New Covenant...New Testament that you say has been done away with.

Do you think a parent has no right to discipline their child for lying, because the child is under the grace of God?
Ask something intelligent please!!!

That's not the point! The point is whether or not it should be! Not whether or not it is, you moron! And Bob Enyart is not my hero.
You are as lost as a frog in a hail storm. You aren't saved. You don't even have good head knowledge Brandon. Ask God for some understanding.

And you are forgetting that Paul says we fulfill the laws by grace. How can we fulfill the laws if Christ already did? Unless fulfilling the law doesn't mean what you think it means.:think:
The bible says that by grace ye are saved, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God. The gift was JESUS!!!

It looks like you missed the first Scripture quoted in that article. "... Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.":idea:
No, I read that, and how like him to word it that way instead of just saying that Jesus fulfilled the laws on the cross. The way that he said it, it doesn't say what "jot or tittle" is the "all" that HAS been fulfilled.

And I don't desire to live according to the OT laws. Not for salvation. But I do desire to never commit an act of homosexuality, or murder, or perjury, or adultery... are you really this stupid? Do you not get this? At all?
The bible says that we have these laws written in our hearts so that we do not sin. I won't say that you are stupid in return, but you are bible illiterate, and there is no excuse for that!!!

Grow a brain.
Grow in the Word and the Lord. You are LOST!!!!!!!!! Since you do not accept the New Covenant, you do not accept Jesus!!!

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
V for Vendetta, the new flick. "Black bagging" refers to the hoods pulled over the heads of those incarcerated by the police.

Big Mouth Nana

Granite said:
V for Vendetta, the new flick. "Black bagging" refers to the hoods pulled over the heads of those incarcerated by the police.
I can see that happening to homosexuals....right before they line then up against the wall and shoot em :down:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
Jer 29:11~ For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Psalm 37:23 ~ The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
God knows His plans. So? That doesn't mean He knows every detail of every detail that will ever happen. And He certainly has not ordained every literal footstep of righteous men. All that verse means is that righteous men will walk in His way.

Who said before we think them???
You're the one who thinks God has exhaustive foreknowledge.

Try reading what is actually written Brandon...Psalm 94:11 ~ The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
I never said God doesn't know our thoughts as we think them. You are the one who said God knew how man would be now, when Israel was still a nation.:kookoo:

Have you lost your mind completly??!!! The New Covenant is the New Testament of Jesus Christ!!! Is Jesus dead???
The New Covenant still contained the law for those in a relationship with God, including circumcision and baptism. Now, we are under the dispensation of the grace of God, and the law is no longer required for a relationship with God. But that doesn't mean there aren't good rules to live by found within the law.

Yes they do!!! Jesus said to obey those in power and the laws of the land. That is in the New Covenant...New Testament that you say has been done away with.
No, they don't. The Bible says who the laws were made for, and that the government is to be God's minister for wrath. And sodomites are included in who the law is for. Or do you think Paul a liar?

Ask something intelligent please!!!
Take an intelligent stance.

You are as lost as a frog in a hail storm. You aren't saved. You don't even have good head knowledge Brandon. Ask God for some understanding.
Now who's being judgmental?

I once believed as you believe. It was just a few years ago. When I started posting on TOL, I was lost in the same doctrines. Then I learned how to rightly divide the word of truth, and to lean not on my own understanding. Because my understanding was frail, and was keeping me bound to my flesh.

The bible says that by grace ye are saved, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God. The gift was JESUS!!!
Yes Jesus was a gift, but not the gift that verse is talking about. In fact, the gift in that verse is something you left out. Faith. Well, grace and salvation may also be included, I'm pretty sure they are. But you still left out faith.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God--not by works, lest any man should boast."
-Ephesians 2:8-9

No, I read that, and how like him to word it that way instead of just saying that Jesus fulfilled the laws on the cross. The way that he said it, it doesn't say what "jot or tittle" is the "all" that HAS been fulfilled.
What about "Till heaven and earth pass away?" Not one jot or tittle shale pass from the law.:think: Sounds to me like that was God's plan, at the time.

The bible says that we have these laws written in our hearts so that we do not sin. I won't say that you are stupid in return, but you are bible illiterate, and there is no excuse for that!!!
I'm Bible illiterate? Matthew 7:1-5. Since you claim to know the word, I won't quote it for you.

Grow in the Word and the Lord. You are LOST!!!!!!!!! Since you do not accept the New Covenant, you do not accept Jesus!!!
:yawn:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
I wonder how many folks who saw V approved of the black-bagging...
I haven't met any. I read the book last year, and I didn't apporve of it then either.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
I can see that happening to homosexuals....right before they line then up against the wall and shoot em :down:
It did happen to homosexuals in the movie. But not before they lined them up and shot them.:nono: They put them in concentration camps, along with other "undesirables" and tortured them, and experimented on them, much like the NAZIs did. Well, I have never heard that the NAZIs experimented, but I wouldn't be surprised. All in all, it was wrong.

:think:

Nana, do you think Jesus wanted His followers to obey the laws on the land in Germany during the Holocaust?

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Well, I have never heard that the NAZIs experimented, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Yes, the experimented on woman.

Nana, do you think Jesus wanted His followers to obey the laws on the land in Germany during the Holocaust?
Did God give you a brain to just fill the void in your head ONLY? Evidently. He does expect us to use common sense also. Righteous laws Brandon. Laws that are to our benefit!!! If they passed a law that said that everyone who knows a homosexual would receive a reward, would you turn them in?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
Yes, the experimented on woman.
Like I said, not surprised.

Did God give you a brain to just fill the void in your head ONLY? Evidently. He does expect us to use common sense also. Righteous laws Brandon. Laws that are to our benefit!!!
Do you really believe this?

If they passed a law that said that everyone who knows a homosexual would receive a reward, would you turn them in?
Why would they need to give a reward. If homosexuality was made illegal, and the punishment for the crime was just and righteous [Godly], then I would turn in anyone I knew to be committing the crime. As long as it could be proven. And no reward would need be offered. Of course, if the punishment were unGodly, then I would keep my mouth shut.

Big Mouth Nana

Lighthouse said:
Do you really believe this?
I never say anything that I do not believe.

Why would they need to give a reward. If homosexuality was made illegal, and the punishment for the crime was just and righteous [Godly], then I would turn in anyone I knew to be committing the crime.
Snitch!!! Murderers or thieves I can see turning them in. Homo's? I am laughing my butt off!!!
Of course, if the punishment were unGodly, then I would keep my mouth shut.
Like execution, :rotfl:
By the way, your new avatar looks like a satanic Zoro minus his sword.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I haven't met any. I read the book last year, and I didn't apporve of it then either.

How exactly do you think executing homosexuals would go down if it was suddenly legalized?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
How exactly do you think executing homosexuals would go down if it was suddenly legalized?
Well what exactly would be the crime?
Assuming that it would only be homosexual sex, I don't know how anyone would get caught, unless they did it publicly. They would have to be turned in by others. Or maybe the government would barge in with black bags....:think:

No Worries

kmoney said:
Assuming that it would only be homosexual sex, I don't know how anyone would get caught, unless they did it publicly. They would have to be turned in by others. Or maybe the government would barge in with black bags....:think:

My concern would be that currently there are plenty of homosexual couples living together and their neighbours, the people on the street, people in the same block all know who they are. Introduce such a law and people will know where these people live together obvioulsy in a homosexual relationship. People don't know where a thief lives for sure, they know where the practising homosexuals do though because they have been open about it.

Thats where the lynchings would come in.

Granite

Hall of Fame
kmoney said:

Specifically and in detail describe the logistics and how it'd happen.

Big Mouth Nana

No Worries said:
My concern would be that currently there are plenty of homosexual couples living together and their neighbours, the people on the street, people in the same block all know who they are. Introduce such a law and people will know where these people live together obvioulsy in a homosexual relationship. People don't know where a thief lives for sure, they know where the practising homosexuals do though because they have been open about it.

Exactly No Worries. I have two living two doors down from me, and we just found out that more moved in down on the other end of the street. Does it bother me? NO. They have their lives, and I have mine. Would I turn them in if a law was enacted? NO. The neighbors might, but I don't want turning them in on my conscience. How could a person have peace of mind, if they knew that the ones that they turned in were executed? To me that would be an accessory to the execution. Not me :nono:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No Worries said:

This whole lynching thing is just an assumption of how it might work and you and BMN are using it as an argument against laws against homosexuality. Is it a possibility? Sure. Is it an inevitability like you seem to think so? No.
And in any case, it should be considered irrelevant when the question is should it be a crime.

No Worries

kmoney said:
This whole lynching thing is just an assumption of how it might work and you and BMN are using it as an argument against laws against homosexuality. Is it a possibility? Sure. Is it an inevitability like you seem to think so? No.
And in any case, it should be considered irrelevant when the question is should it be a crime.

Its one reason why it should not be a crime and an example of what a mistake it would be if it were to be so.