Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

I said

ABOUT THE OLD TESTAMENT
FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
2 Cor 3:14-15
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 4:4-5
4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
1 Cor 10:1-12
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play."
8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:33
33 "He who has received His testimony has certified that God is true.
John 3:35-36
35 "The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand.
36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3-8
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
Gal 2:19-21
19 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.
20 "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
Gal 5:1-5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Gal 4:21
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Rom 7:4-6
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 Pet 2:19-21
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
John 1:17
17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

xxx Jesus wants everyone who is going to be a christian to understand that the new covenant(testament) is just that new. That you cant go back and keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasnt brought over to the new testament. Jesus new what to bring over man doesnt. But the old testament has to be obsolete to you in order for you to get the fullness of the new testament. 1John 1-9 is very specific if you dont abide(live) in the new testament you dont have the real God. There IS a veil over the old testament that remains to THIS day.
If Jesus were in the old testament this verse could only be meant for God and the angels. But Jesus wasnt in the old testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

I said
keypurr Jesus changed the law, changed the priesthood, annulled the commandments, made the old testament obsolete. How much does it take to get you to believe Jesus?

John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

John 10:1-4
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
(NKJ)

John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lololol That is the most ridiculous theory you have come up with yet.

Spirit led are we? Living and loving JUST AS He did? He who taught us to pray...your will be done...not whatever I choose...on earth as it is in heaven...as if He eats Ham...ever anywhere

Oh and to pray the Sabbath be kept...don't flee Squeaky

keypurr

I said
keypurr Jesus changed the law, changed the priesthood, annulled the commandments, made the old testament obsolete. How much does it take to get you to believe Jesus?

6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

1"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2"But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3"To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4"And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
(NKJ)

8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)
Nope! JESUS DID NOT CHANGE THE LAW.

That is your error friend. He came to magnify the Law into the minds of men. The Law stands for all time.

You can cut and paste a hundred verses but that does not change the content. The Law is our schoolmaster of sin. The Law sets the standard of what is right and wrong. The Law needs to be kept in the spirit, not just on the tablets.

God said to keep his seventh day Holy, why do you find excuses to sin willingly? If you love God you will keep his Law from your heart and it will not be a burden. It is not a chain around my neck, it is a comfort to do as he wishes as he love me first.

Romans 7:25
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ben Masada

And, Keypurr, do you have any idea what commandments Jesus was talking about? The commandments of "Moses" aka the Law if you read Luke 16:29-31.

keypurr

And, Keypurr, do you have any idea what commandments Jesus was talking about? The commandments of "Moses" aka the Law if you read Luke 16:29-31.
Jesus spoke of the Ten that were given to Moses.
Believe that they were known long before then Ben.
It is keeping the intent on the Law that our creator what's us to follow. We do not need to see it on a tablet if it is written in our hearts.

Ben Masada

Jesus spoke of the Ten that were given to Moses. Believe that they were known long before then Ben. It is keeping the intent on the Law that our creator what's us to follow. We do not need to see it on a tablet if it is written in our hearts.

Of course! I never meant that Gentiles were obliged to observe Jewish ritual laws! However, Paul, the founder of Christianity declared loud and clear that he had been released from the Law. (Romans 7:6) And, mind you, he meant the Decalogue if you read Romans 7:7. Otherwise, where is the commandment "Thou shall not covet" written if not in the Decalogue? Since you remind me that Jesus was speaking about the Decalogue, I hope you do not agree with Paul who said that Jesus was the end of those laws. Do you? (Romans 10:4)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope! JESUS DID NOT CHANGE THE LAW.

That is your error friend. He came to magnify the Law into the minds of men. The Law stands for all time.

You can cut and paste a hundred verses but that does not change the content. The Law is our schoolmaster of sin. The Law sets the standard of what is right and wrong. The Law needs to be kept in the spirit, not just on the tablets.

I said
Don't you know that is a self condemning statement??

Gal 4:22-31
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus spoke of the Ten that were given to Moses.
Believe that they were known long before then Ben.
It is keeping the intent on the Law that our creator what's us to follow. We do not need to see it on a tablet if it is written in our hearts.

I said
I think you are really stumbling here.

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
I think you are really stumbling here.

1 Cor 4:6
6Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)
Show me friend that Christ abolished the Law on the stone tablets that he gave to Moses.

Did he not say "Keep my Commandments as I have kept my Fathers"?

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Show me friend that Christ abolished the Law on the stone tablets that he gave to Moses.

Did he not say "Keep my Commandments as I have kept my Fathers"?

I said
How many times and how many different ways must Jesus say it, to get you to believe Him.

Rom 13:10-12
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
(NKJ)

Gal 4:24-25
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
(NKJ)

Gal 4:30
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 7:17-18
17 For He testifies: "You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Rom 10:4-5
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
5 For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, "The man who does those things shall live by them."
(NKJ)

keypurr

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The Law will not save anyone, but that does not mean we are to not obey his law out of love for him. If you love him with all your heart you would not question yourself about keeping his law. What I do, I do for him, not me, for I believe I will receive his grace because of the love in my heart for him and mankind. I fear not my day of judgement for the spirit in me will see me through it. My trust in the Lord will never die.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

I said

6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
(NKJ)

1"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2"But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3"To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4"And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
(NKJ)

8"All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)

13In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

18For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

You can cut and paste all the NT friend but it does not change the story. CHRIST DID NOT ABOLISH OR CHANGE THE TEN. He came and preached them, he came and magnified them in the hearts of his people. He did not come to preach sin which is transgression against the Law. Break one of them is like breaking all of them. It is really ONE LAW, a law of Love. The Ten will last for ever. Why do you think the Ark of the Covenant is in heaven? The tablets are in there. The standard is set in stone. Christ came to put them in our minds. The Law is spiritual. He who love God in the spirit will keep his law in the spirit. Squeak, I have spent many years reading scripture, my studies disagree with you.

clefty

You can cut and paste all the NT friend but it does not change the story. CHRIST DID NOT ABOLISH OR CHANGE THE TEN. He came and preached them, he came and magnified them in the hearts of his people. He did not come to preach sin which is transgression against the Law. Break one of them is like breaking all of them. It is really ONE LAW, a law of Love. The Ten will last for ever. Why do you think the Ark of the Covenant is in heaven? The tablets are in there. The standard is set in stone. Christ came to put them in our minds. The Law is spiritual. He who love God in the spirit will keep his law in the spirit. Squeak, I have spent many years reading scripture, my studies disagree with you.

HalleluYah

The veil is only removed in Christ...Jews can't read the NT and for Christians not in Him the veil remains so they can not read the OT and see how and why they are to be in Him...

The curtain between holy and most holy was also ripped from top to bottom...in Him, all now have access to the mercy seat and the mercy of the One who sits upon that throne...a throne in which remains the eternal Law...the same now written in our hearts and minds around which our temples live...and for eternity

On earth as it is in heaven...

keypurr

HalleluYah

The veil is only removed in Christ...Jews can't read the NT and for Christians not in Him the veil remains so they can not read the OT and see how and why they are to be in Him...

The curtain between holy and most holy was also ripped from top to bottom...in Him, all now have access to the mercy seat and the mercy of the One who sits upon that throne...a throne in which remains the eternal Law...the same now written in our hearts and minds around which our temples live...and for eternity

On earth as it is in heaven...
Amen

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

The Law will not save anyone, but that does not mean we are to not obey his law out of love for him. If you love him with all your heart you would not question yourself about keeping his law. What I do, I do for him, not me, for I believe I will receive his grace because of the love in my heart for him and mankind. I fear not my day of judgement for the spirit in me will see me through it. My trust in the Lord will never die.

I said
Jesus delivered us from the old testament law, and you want to put us back under it.
Jesus changed the law, changed the priesthood, annulled the commandments, made the old testament obsolete.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Rom 2:24-27
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Jesus delivered us from the old testament law, and you want to put us back under it.
Jesus changed the law, changed the priesthood, annulled the commandments, made the old testament obsolete.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

Rom 2:24-27
24 For "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you," as it is written.
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
(NKJ)

Circumcision NEVER saved merely was a sign...just like infant baptism never saves as it was done to and not by the individual...duh

It is a sign done by parents who wish to declare their intentions for their child...that it is His

Circumcision is the same...and it never saved anyone...merely declared intention

The Jews that demanded circumcision for the new converts were wrong to do so as 1) it does not save 2)was never required of Gentiles to hear Moses read to them from Sabbath to Sabbath...

That is the salvation by works yoke they were not supposed to put the goyim under...

We are spared the condemnation of the Law ONLY because in Him we actually keep the Law that would condemn us...

So we actually wish to keep the Law because we believe...actually we KNOW it already keeps us...and closer not further from Him

We don't breath to stay alive we breath because we already are...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Circumcision NEVER saved merely was a sign...just like infant baptism never saves as it was done to and not by the individual...duh

It is a sign done by parents who wish to declare their intentions for their child...that it is His

Circumcision is the same...and it never saved anyone...merely declared intention

The Jews that demanded circumcision for the new converts were wrong to do so as 1) it does not save 2)was never required of Gentiles to hear Moses read to them from Sabbath to Sabbath...

That is the salvation by works yoke they were not supposed to put the goyim under...

We are spared the condemnation of the Law ONLY because in Him we actually keep the Law that would condemn us...

So we actually wish to keep the Law because we believe...actually we KNOW it already keeps us...and closer not further from Him

We don't breath to stay alive we breath because we already are...

I said
ROFLOL That's it open with a joke.

John 5:38-44
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
42 "But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
ROFLOL That's it open with a joke.

John 5:38-44
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
39 "You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
40 "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
41 "I do not receive honor from men.
42 "But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you.
43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.
44 "How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God?
(NKJ)

What is a joke?

That circumcision never was salvific?

You think it's funny that so many believe that because circumcision wasn't required for coverts to hear the gospel that it's not even required for them to keep the Law?...but would rather choose whatever whenever at great compromise with the world and peril to their own salvation?

You think it funny that so many believe that because circumcision wasn't required for Gentiles to hear the gospel that the all He did to destroy the wall which separates Jew from Gentiles was done in vain...for nothing...and His people are some hybrid monstrosity under two sets of laws making heaven a two class apartheid state?

You think it funny that so many believe that because circumcision wasn't required for goyim to hear the gospel that goyim are NOT under the protections of Torah which clearly PROHIBITS bretheren of Isreal to exploit each other with the EVIL of exacting usury...or perpetual debt...or even slavery.

Glad you can laugh at the horror and misery of all this lawlessness...

That is a joke yes? How Satan has counterfeited the truth with the LIE that circumcision was necessary for salvation...as now ALL that was instructed by Him who Created us to provide a more abundant life on this earth and a model for what is in heaven to come is rejected...

Circumcision...lol...I have seen people endure more pain in body modification projects for mere vanity...

But for you it is a joke that the false yoke of "salvation of works" never was around the neck of His people...but instead the law is to distinguish us from who it is for...

"For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

You know, those who think themselves lawless...those not wearing His yoke...