Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yup...

And we born of the free woman should be grateful and even more desirous and be an obedient son...

we were born of a free woman but we are not born free but sons and still heirs...on condition...

Having acted free at times, we sinned became slaves and thus had to be bought again at a high price...

I said
Your still under the bondage of the old testament. You haven't cast off the bondwoman and her son. I am of the free woman and as it was back then you are persecuting me. You are still worshiping in the flesh. Trying to keep your traditions.

Mark 7:7-9
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
(NKJ)

as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Ben Masada

There are two different laws. The old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of Christ. Jesus Changed the law. Gal 6:2-3 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. (KJV) Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.(NKJ)

The Decalogue in the Torah which you call the OT law of sin and death, is rather the Law of grace and life. Have you ever read Psalm 119? Probably not. That's why. The Law of Jesus was exactly the Law in the Torah. If you want an evidence for what I am saying, read Mat. 5:17-19 and Luke 16:29-31. Jesus himself warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law to achieve salvation. Now, this change you are talking about of the Law and the Priesthood, is called the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology which is the vandalism of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism with the faith of Paul which was the Church he founded aka Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Did you not read my post from scripture that says if you love him you keep HIS commandments? You fail to see what is there friend. You look for any excuse to discard everything Christ came to show us.

To love God is to please him by doing his wll. No picking and choosing which one to do, to break one is to break them all. Your choice, follow the master or follow tradition. Me, for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. I will trust his son.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

I said
I seen it. That is to keep Jesus' commandments. Jesus changed the law. That is why He did not bring over the Sabbath as a law in the new testament.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Decalogue in the Torah which you call the OT law of sin and death, is rather the Law of grace and life. Have you ever read Psalm 119? Probably not. That's why. The Law of Jesus was exactly the Law in the Torah. If you want an evidence for what I am saying, read Mat. 5:17-19 and Luke 16:29-31. Jesus himself warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law to achieve salvation. Now, this change you are talking about of the Law and the Priesthood, is called the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology which is the vandalism of the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism with the faith of Paul which was the Church he founded aka Christianity. (Acts 11:26)

I said
Not so. The old testament law of an eye for an eye. The new testament is turn the other cheek. There is no way anyone can do them both at the same time.

Matt 5:29-44
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
(NKJ)

Ben Masada

I said You have the wrong aka law. That is talking about Christ's law-new testament law of Christ.

Okay, so do you keep his commandments according to Mat. 5:17-19? Do you listen to "Moses" aka the Law as Jesus warned us in Luke 16:29-31? Do you do what Jesus said or you still consider his Law to be a Law of sin and death? The NT had nothing to do with Jesus but with Paul.

clefty

I said
You haven't accepted Jesus yet. Your still trying to keep the traditions of the old testament. The new testament is different laws than the old testament. The new testament is the law of Christ. Christ changed the law.
you are arguing from silence...He said He can do nothing of Himself but through the Father in Him...Not His will but that of His Father...

I am trying to keep the Law of the Old Testament not the tradition...the tradition was not keeping the Law...lol...that's you

Gal 6:2-3
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Bearing your burden of error is not something I do of myself or on my own but because I have accepted Him who inspires me to be long suffering...lol and to correct and reprove those within His body...to love fulfills the law...to love JUST AS He did...correcting and reproving

Sometimes it's a tough love ya dig?

3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
(KJV)
you think you are something...being clever with your choose your own day as long as you are convinced...and misusing a text having NOTHING to do with the Sabbath...oh as with this next text too

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

See nothing about the Sabbath...

Or are we able to kill, steal, lie, fornicate, covet, dishonor our parents, worship another God, worship God another way, carry His name in vain...?

Only for the Sabbath commandment do you trot out that tattered text which was about who was priest administering the unchanging Law...ironically you are supposed to be

Only to destroy the 4th commandment do you do any of this...all 9 but the Sabbath you still willfully keep...

Ben Masada

I said
Not so. The old testament law of an eye for an eye. The new testament is turn the other cheek. There is no way anyone can do them both at the same time.

Matt 5:29-44
29 "If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
(NKJ)

Okay, now would you please quote to me a text when Jesus was hit on a cheek and turned the other cheek to be hit again? This thing sounds masochism to me and I don't believe Jesus was a masochist. Even in the Holocaust they were not of this kind.

keypurr

There are two different laws. The old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of Christ. Jesus Changed the law.

Gal 6:2-3
2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
(KJV)

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

You are so wrong. Christ did not change the Ten, he magnified them. The Apostles also kept them.

clefty

You are still bearing false witness to try and slander Paul...

Please study the following to realize Paul did NOT make changes...that is an attempt by Satan to destroy the gospel in its infancy

http://fogwhistle.ca/acts/evidence.html

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are so wrong. Christ did not change the Ten, he magnified them. The Apostles also kept them.

I said
I'm sorry but Jesus brought over most of the 10 commandments. But He didn't bring over the Sabbath. He said its ok if you keep it and its ok if you do not keep it. Obeying God is what matters.

12For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 7:17-24
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
21 Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it.
22 For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord's freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ's slave.
23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.
24 Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I seen it. That is to keep Jesus' commandments. Jesus changed the law. That is why He did not bring over the Sabbath as a law in the new testament.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

Sigh...Again...

What part of "pray that your flight be not in winter or on the Sabbath" do you not accept as being brought over into the New Testament? That time of fleeing actually occurred after the time frame of the New Testament...

He instructed prayers that the Sabbath keeping was not broken...even in the future

It is the only law He singled out for prayers to be made that it be kept...

Lol...you do realize that squeaks happen because of resistance...stop resisting the Word and Holy Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Okay, now would you please quote to me a text when Jesus was hit on a cheek and turned the other cheek to be hit again? This thing sounds masochism to me and I don't believe Jesus was a masochist. Even in the Holocaust they were not of this kind.
I said

Matt 5:38-48
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sigh...Again...

What part of "pray that your flight be not in winter or on the Sabbath" do you not accept as being brought over into the New Testament? That time of fleeing actually occurred after the time frame of the New Testament...

He instructed prayers that the Sabbath keeping was not broken...even in the future

It is the only law He singled out for prayers to be made that it be kept...

Lol...you do realize that squeaks happen because of resistance...stop resisting the Word and Holy Spirit

I said
Your an idiot. I have given you tons of scriptures, revelations of Jesus Christ. And you not only resisted them you rejected them. Your a hypocrite of the worsed kind.

Ben Masada

I said

Matt 5:38-48
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 "For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?
47 "And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so?
48 "Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
(NKJ)

You did not answer my question. Again, I asked for a text where Jesus after he was hit in one cheek, offered the other to be hit again. That's okay! Every one contradicts him or herself sometimes. I knew you could not find one.Why? Because there isn't any.

clefty

I said
I'm sorry but Jesus brought over most of the 10 commandments. But He didn't bring over the Sabbath. He said its ok if you keep it and its ok if you do not keep it. Obeying God is what matters.

LOL...

So 9/10 is good enough? Obey God except for the Sabbath...the very thing His Son stakes His Lordship on?

So many times He could have taught we you are proposing

"Ok everybody...don't worry about the Sabbath" etc

Not a peep...in fact, think NOT even the jots or titles are altered until heaven and earth pass away...

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. I have given you tons of scriptures, revelations of Jesus Christ. And you not only resisted them you rejected them. Your a hypocrite of the worsed kind.

Ummm...ok squeaky

Satan used tons of scriptures...as did the Pharisees...

What you haven't shown is how those tons cancel out the other tons...

Just because you use scripture doesn't mean anything if it's mis used...you end up just cutting yourself

It's a sword be more careful with it...

clefty

You did not answer my question. Again, I asked for a text where Jesus after he was hit in one cheek, offered the other to be hit again. That's okay! Every one contradicts him or herself sometimes. I knew you could not find one.Why? Because there isn't any.

You sound like others who crucified Him and mocked Him His hanging on the cross

At His trial He allowed more than the striking of His cheek...and forgave them all

Not very OT like...

Especially as He was innocent

And unlike those in the holocaust...

As even their own confess Hitler was punishment for the sins of assimilation and turning to Zionism...

Saturn eats his own

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
LOL...

So 9/10 is good enough? Obey God except for the Sabbath...the very thing His Son stakes His Lordship on?

So many times He could have taught we you are proposing

"Ok everybody...don't worry about the Sabbath" etc

Not a peep...in fact, think NOT even the jots or titles are altered until heaven and earth pass away...

I said
Your an idiot. Most of the people here prove what they claim. You claim a lot and never prove nothing. You have yet to show me one verse that says we must keep the Sabbath in the new testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ummm...ok squeaky

Satan used tons of scriptures...as did the Pharisees...

What you haven't shown is how those tons cancel out the other tons...

Just because you use scripture doesn't mean anything if it's mis used...you end up just cutting yourself

It's a sword be more careful with it...

I said
ROFLOL More gross exaggerations and lies. Satan never did quote new testament. And you have yet to show me one just one verse in the new testament that says we must keep the Sabbath. Your an idiot.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL More gross exaggerations and lies. Satan never did quote new testament. And you have yet to show me one just one verse in the new testament that says we must keep the Sabbath. Your an idiot.

“This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you."

Did you catch that? JUST AS

This Love...His love, includes all 10 of the commandments...it includes Sabbath keeping, rest, worship and healing...no Sunday Ham in this Love...no Sabbath is any day I choose or Sabbath is every day in this Love...He said it and modeled it...(I have been saying exemplified but maybe that is a children's milk word...)

Paul said copy me as I copied Christ...JUST AS and he kept sabbath too...and told Gentiles to come back next sabbath for more...he did not say come back tomorrow to Apollo's hall...

This Love is His love and since it contains the Law and Will of His Father of course it fulfills the Law...just like He fulfilled scripture...

Is scripture now destroyed? According to your use of "fulfilled" it is...

So there, one verse and example...

Oh and "pray that your flight be NOT on the Sabbath"...so that the Sabbath could be kept

That one too...

There is more but you asked for one...I am already too generous

I am a silly child just giving away my gifts...casting my pearls...

Last edited: