Sabbath

keypurr

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 [B]The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;[/B]
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Ben Masada

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; 1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: 1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

This we know that we have come to know Him if we keep His commandments aka the Law. That's what Jesus meant in Luke 16:29-31 when he said we should listen to "Moses" aka the Law.

clefty

This we know that we have come to know Him if we keep His commandments aka the Law. That's what Jesus meant in Luke 16:29-31 when he said we should listen to "Moses" aka the Law.

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love."

As if there are the Father's set of laws and then a different set...

They are also known as the 10 words...not actually commandments but descriptions of what is going on in the House of Yah...

There is no stealing
There is no killing
There is no fornication
No need for images
Sabbath is kept etc...

Two sets of laws would divide the house...

"Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus"

Ben Masada

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love." As if there are the Father's set of laws and then a different set...They are also known as the 10 words...not actually commandments but descriptions of what is going on in the House of Yah...There is no stealing; There is no killing; There is no fornication; No need for images; Sabbath is kept etc...Two sets of laws would divide the house..."Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus"

The commands of Jesus were the same as the commands of HaShem if you read Mat. 5:17-19. And there is just one set of laws. Now, what we have in Revelation 14:12 about "Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony" aka Faith of Jesus. Who could they be if not the Jews who derive a lot of joy in the keeping of the commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism?

clefty

The commands of Jesus were the same as the commands of HaShem if you read Mat. 5:17-19. And there is just one set of laws. Now, what we have in Revelation 14:12 about "Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony" aka Faith of Jesus. Who could they be if not the Jews who derive a lot of joy in the keeping of the commandments of God and the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism?

Yup...

Jews...and other Israelites...oh and just like in the church of wilderness many who were neither but followed anyway...one Law even for the ger...as clearly stated and only in the 4th commandment...remember?

clefty

1Jo 2:4 [B]The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;[/B]
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

"If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

"I and the Father are One"

"All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you."

(Speaking to His Father) "All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them."

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind."

I am sure He would agree...His mother certainly did

" the Mighty One has done great things for me. Holy is His name. 50His mercy extends to those who fear Him, from generation to generation."

She was at the cross...was given John (the author of all those proof texts that there was not change in the Law)as her son...watched Him die...then hurried to keep the Sabbath

clefty

And to think people believe the Holy Spirit would NOT guide one in accordance to this singular Law...as if the Holy Spirit would lead one off and away from the straight and narrow path...

The Holy Spirit is given as comfort to live and love JUST AS He did, Who followed His Father's will...

It is given to those who know we are created in His image means to do as He did...die to self and man's traditions and reflect only Him His way...

keypurr

"If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

"I and the Father are One"

"All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you."

(Speaking to His Father) "All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them."

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome,

2 John 1:6
And this is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the very commandment you have heard from the beginning, that you must walk in love.

"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind."

I am sure He would agree...His mother certainly did

" the Mighty One has done great things for me. Holy is His name. 50His mercy extends to those who fear Him, from generation to generation."

She was at the cross...was given John (the author of all those proof texts that there was not change in the Law)as her son...watched Him die...then hurried to keep the Sabbath

Amen, amen

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

And to think people believe the Holy Spirit would NOT guide one in accordance to this singular Law...as if the Holy Spirit would lead one off and away from the straight and narrow path...

The Holy Spirit is given as comfort to live and love JUST AS He did, Who followed His Father's will...

It is given to those who know we are created in His image means to do as He did...die to self and man's traditions and reflect only Him His way...

Why do they discard the commandments of the creator to accept the commandments of men. How foolish.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes squeaky your a man...good for you

Hey did you know the Sabbath was made for you?

or do you prefer your own tradition?

I would rather be a child of God...

Children seem to be more appreciative of the things they receive...like a day off...

I said
Children are also more ignorant than grown ups. Your still very ignorant of the deeper things of God. Children should never try to correct grown ups. Only the arrogant children try that.

clefty

Why do they discard the commandments of the creator to accept the commandments of men. How foolish.

I blame Satan and his counterfeiting...

All these years I have struggled with my Protestant brothers who insist they can find Sunday keeping in the scripture when the real argument is was the Church given authority to make changes?

In other words was early peer pressure to celebrate the resurrection which was alleged to have occured on Sunday morning justified?

The Hebrews themselves celebrated a resurrection of their own in crossing the Red Sea from death into life...but with a false worship of the golden calf...

Satan has been hard at work manipulating our desire to worship to gain for himself by counterfeiting...

And to counterfeit one must only convince others it is real...

keypurr

All these years I have struggled with my Protestant brothers who insist they can find Sunday keeping in the scripture when the real argument is was the Church given authority to make changes?

In other words was early peer pressure to celebrate the resurrection which was alleged to have occured on Sunday morning justified?

The Hebrews themselves celebrated a resurrection of their own in crossing the Red Sea from death into life...but with a false worship of the golden calf...

Satan has been hard at work manipulating our desire to worship to gain for himself by counterfeiting...

Most do not wish to rock their sinking boat of tradition. It was not an easy thing for me to do and the price was high.

clefty

I said
Children are also more ignorant than grown ups. Your still very ignorant of the deeper things of God. Children should never try to correct grown ups. Only the arrogant children try that.

What is worse is the arrogant adult that refuses correction of a child...that is the deeper lesson He was teaching...especially to Pharisees who knew and understood scripture as you do

clefty

Most do not wish to rock their sinking boat of tradition. It was not an easy thing for me to do and the price was high.

HalleluYah

and I pray for continued blessing and comfort to you and yours

and for all the squeaks of resistance in your progress...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Covenant and testament are the same thing.
COVENANTS TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS)
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

1242 diatheke (dee-ath-ay'-kay);

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

KJV-- covenant, testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You have the wrong aka law. That is talking about Christ's law-new testament law of Christ.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are two different laws. The old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of Christ. Jesus Changed the law.

Gal 6:2-3
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
(KJV)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

keypurr

I said
22For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

from 1303; properly, a disposition, i.e. (specially) a contract (especially a devisory will):

Did you not read my post from scripture that says if you love him you keep HIS commandments? You fail to see what is there friend. You look for any excuse to discard everything Christ came to show us.

To love God is to please him by doing his wll. No picking and choosing which one to do, to break one is to break them all. Your choice, follow the master or follow tradition. Me, for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. I will trust his son.

clefty

I said
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Yup...

And we born of the free woman should be grateful and even more desirous to be an obedient son...

we were born of a free woman but we are not born free but sons and still heirs...on condition...

Having acted free at times, we sinned, became slaves and thus had to be bought again at a high price...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You haven't accepted Jesus yet. Your still trying to keep the traditions of the old testament. The new testament is different laws than the old testament. The new testament is the law of Christ. Christ changed the law.

Gal 6:2-3
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
(KJV)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)