Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

John 10:7-9
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Gal 3:24-25
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

keypurr

Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The Law ended??

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

You see my friends, we should keep the Law in the spirit. Love for God and love or mankind. One can not know Christ and not keep his Father's law. It is not a burden display love if love is in your heart. The Law will not save you but you should keep them out of love.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The Law ended??

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Rom 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

You see my friends, we should keep the Law in the spirit. Love for God and love or mankind. One can not know Christ and not keep his Father's law. It is not a burden display love if love is in your heart. The Law will not save you but you should keep them out of love.

I said
There are two different laws, old testament law and new testament law. You have mixed them together.
The law of sin and death, and the law of Christ. The old testament law focused on what you done. The new testament focused on why you done it. The old testament law is for those who worship in the flesh. The new testament law is for those who worship in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit delivers us from the old testament law to put us under the new testament law. That is why it says Jesus changed the law.

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

If you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you can fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
There are two different laws, old testament law and new testament law. You have mixed them together.
The law of sin and death, and the law of Christ. The old testament law focused on what you done. The new testament focused on why you done it. The old testament law is for those who worship in the flesh. The new testament law is for those who worship in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit delivers us from the old testament law to put us under the new testament law. That is why it says Jesus changed the law.

(NKJ)

If you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you can fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

You can fall from grace you who attempt to be justified by the New Testament law as well...

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Even the pagans love their god, love each other and themselves, do good works, but NOT AS He did...

I don't keep the Sabbath to justify myself...I wish to keep it because I wish to do AS He did...His way...

Because of what He did for me and as an example for me...

He brought the Sabbath over from the OT through instruction and defined it even by example...

Sabbath keeping was the only commandment in fact, He asked we pray its keeping continue in the future...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You can fall from grace you who attempt to be justified by the New Testament law as well...

"And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."

Even the pagans love their god, love each other and themselves, do good works, but NOT AS He did...

I don't keep the Sabbath to justify myself...I wish to keep it because I wish to do AS He did...His way...

Because of what He did for me and as an example for me...

He brought the Sabbath over from the OT through instruction and defined it even by example...

Sabbath keeping was the only commandment in fact, He asked we pray its keeping continue in the future...

I said
Just show me where it says keeping the Sabbath is a commandment in the new testament. If you want to keep the Sabbath go ahead. It doesn't bother me. Look inside yourself and find out why it bothers you that I don't keep the Sabbath.

clefty

I said
Just show me where it says keeping the Sabbath is a commandment in the new testament. If you want to keep the Sabbath go ahead. It doesn't bother me. Look inside yourself and find out why it bothers you that I don't keep the Sabbath.

It is all over the NT even in the end...

Even a church is revelations is promised from the secret manna for its obedience...now why would that be a reward?

Remember what manna taught? Besides Yah loves and cares for His...He taught His Sabbath keeping...

That is a reward indeed...

And don't flatter yourself, it always bothers me when a professing brother of the faith doesn't keep from sin and continues to harm himself and others...

Given proper worship in Spirit and truth is what we should wish to do for what was done for us...

A sin the end it is "Here are they that kept the commandments of God and the testament of Jesus Christ "

If His NT Law was different than His Father's, John would have had to written "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the commandments of Jesus Christ..."

He didn't because they aren't two seperate sets there is one set and Jesus testified of His Father His Law and Himself "as I have kept my Father's Law"

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is all over the NT even in the end...

Even a church is revelations is promised from the secret manna for its obedience...now why would that be a reward?

Remember what manna taught? Besides Yah loves and cares for His...He taught His Sabbath keeping...

That is a reward indeed...

And don't flatter yourself, it always bothers me when a professing brother of the faith doesn't keep from sin and continues to harm himself and others...

Given proper worship in Spirit and truth is what we should wish to do for what was done for us...

A sin the end it is "Here are they that kept the commandments of God and the testament of Jesus Christ "

If His NT Law was different than His Father's, John would have had to written "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the commandments of Jesus Christ..."

He didn't because they aren't two seperate sets there is one set and Jesus testified of His Father His Law and Himself "as I have kept my Father's Law"

I said
Your an idiot. Its a sin to twist and manipulate the scriptures to say what you want them to. What is wrong with you?

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. Its a sin to twist and manipulate the scriptures to say what you want them to. What is wrong with you?

Where?

Can you show me?

I am just glad someone is willing to talk about the Sabbath with me...

Made for man...as a gift to all of us...still...never taken away...

Wish I was more like you...six days of work and I am so grateful for His day of rest...

You don't seem to want rest at all...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Where?

Can you show me?

I am just glad someone is willing to talk about the Sabbath with me...

Made for man...as a gift to all of us...still...never taken away...

Wish I was more like you...six days of work and I am so grateful for His day of rest...

You don't seem to want rest at all...

My point? Oh just giving you some reading regarding Sabbath keeping throughout history...sabbath keepers understand the law of priesthood was changed and they now are priests...to be Holy sanctified set apart...
Haven't come across much historical literature from those that keep every day holy...please refer me to some...
Oh...and could you also show me another commandment He specifically instructed we pray for...that it be kept after He died, was resurrected and returned to heaven? You know, even after the time of the New Testament...
In fact, a commandment more important to keep than our safety or survival...
He didn't ask we don't kill during our time of trouble...
He didn't instruct prayers we not steal or lie or fornicate during the future time of trouble...
He instructed prayers that in the future time of trouble the Sabbath be kept...

So why did Paul keep sabbath Peter kosher even and well He Himself instructed prayers the Sabbath be kept in future times of trouble...future as in after His death resurrection and return to heaven...
He instructed prayer the Sabbath be kept...as it was the temple was destroyed in 70 ad so that already is about 40 years after the cross...and they kept it
And the history proves Sabbath keeping remained a practice among believers until the 4th century when it officially became Sunday instead...and still there have always been some who still obey...
As for Grace...Sabbath keepers don't keep sabbath to receive Grace but because they believe they have received it and in gratitude wish to obey Him as He instructed and exemplified...

"If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:23-24).
Would of been a good time to start the discussion on how both Sabbath and circumcision and everything else would be done away with after the cross...none of it brought over to the NT but HE DID NOT
In fact He said think not I have come to destroy...but you insist anyway
Lord of the Sabbath He remains...the Law remains for judgement to be righteous...
Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Worship who? A God that commanded you to remember the seventh day to keep it holy?
There are many others who choose how and when to worship...they are called idolators...
The Lord of the Sabbath defined when to worship and how...
You reject to follow as He commanded and did...exemplifying what it means to love Him

clefty

And what?

I can't recant...

"for to act against our conscience is neither safe for us, nor open to us."

We are indeed fortunate others were not willing to choose whatever...whenever...

They realized we are not open to choose against what was signed and sealed at the cross...immediately after His followers hurried to prepare for the Sabbath. It was still clear to them what was expected of those who trust and obey...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

And what?

I can't recant...

"for to act against our conscience is neither safe for us, nor open to us."

We are indeed fortunate others were not willing to choose whatever...whenever...

They realized we are not open to choose against what was signed and sealed at the cross...immediately after His followers hurried to prepare for the Sabbath. It was still clear to them what was expected of those who trust and obey...

I said
You were an idiot before for saying that. Your an idiot now. If you cant produce the commandment that is heresy

clefty

I said
You were an idiot before for saying that. Your an idiot now. If you cant produce the commandment that is heresy

Matt 24:20"Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath."

Ok so here we are again...He is talking about the future time of trouble when all in Judea will need to flee...not just the ones within Jerusalem's walls...

His instruction is for them to pray that the Sabbath can be kept during this time...

There is no instruction to pray that believers are unharmed or even survive...no prayers instructed that Jerusalem survive or even the temple be spared...

No prayers were instructed that during the brutal chaos of being conquered and slaughtered they not steal or kill or lie or fornicate or covet or dishonor their parents...but that during rhe hardship and loss the Sabbath be kept...

So there you are...prayers were instructed that the fourth commandment of His Father continue to be kept into the future...long after He died rose and returned after heaven even...

Anyone can clearly see Sabbath was brought over from the Old Testament and here specifically instructed to be prayed for that it be kept even after the time frame and span of the entire New Testament...

And by Sabbath I do mean seventh day Sabbath as it was in the OT...

Or else what day would the time of trouble be if every day or any day be the Sabbath? Lol

No prayers for any other commandment were instructed and obviously the Sabbath's keeping was more important that praying that the time of trouble not even occur...

He did not even instruct prayers that Israel repent and be spared thus no need for divine persecution or correction...

Just specific instruction that one of the OT commandments be kept...the Sabbath...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Matt 24:20"Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath."

Ok so here we are again...He is talking about the future time of trouble when all in Judea will need to flee not just the ones in Jerusalem...

He instruction is for them to pray that the Sabbath can be kept during this time...

There is no instruction to pray that believers are unharmed or even survive...no prayers instructed that Jerusalem survive or even the temple be spared...

No prayers were instructed that during the brutal chaos of being conquered and slaughtered they not steal or kill or lie or fornicate or covet or dishonor their parents...but that during it the Sabbath be kept...

Just prayers that the fourth commandment of His Father continue to be kept into the future...long after He died rose and returned after heaven even...

There...anyone can clearly see Sabbath was brought over from the Old Testament and here specifically instructed to be prayed for that it be kept even after the time frame and span of the New Testament...

And by Sabbath I do mean seventh day Sabbath as it was in the OT...

Or else what day would the time of trouble be if every day or any day be the Sabbath? Lol

No prayers for any other commandment were instructed and obviously the Sabbath's keeping was more important that praying that the time of trouble not even occur...

He did not even instruct prayers that Israel repent and be spared thus no need for divine persecution or correction...

Just specific instruction that one of the OT commandments be kept...the Sabbath...

I said
Your an idiot.

clefty

I said
Your an idiot.

Lol...reduced to this are you?

Typical...that's too bad...

Much more about the Sabbath to talk about...

That hidden manna in revelations as a reward to an obedient church...

Why that?

I mean why the fuss about some old out dated time keeping mechanism am I right?

Lol...

Doesn't make much sense to award a relic of Sabbath keeping for obedience if any old day'll do...ya dig?

Oh and how about Europe's first convert? Lydia was baptized on Sabbath...

You would think Paul could have told her "how about we do it tomorrow at the celebration of the Eucharist...I will sprinkle you and all your infants right after the bread turns to flesh!"

But he didn't...

Why?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Lol...reduced to this are you?

Typical...that's too bad...

Much more about the Sabbath to talk about...

That hidden manna in revelations as a reward to an obedient church...

Why that?

I mean why the fuss about some old out dated time keeping mechanism am I right?

Lol...

Doesn't make much sense to award a relic of Sabbath keeping for obedience if any old day'll do...ya dig?

Oh and how about Europe's first convert? Lydia was baptized on Sabbath...

You would think Paul could have told her "how about we do it tomorrow at the celebration of the Eucharist...I will sprinkle you and all your infants right after the bread turns to flesh!"

But he didn't...

Why?

I said
You lie you use gross exaggerations, you manipulate, you speak heresy. lolo And your needle is stuck on one thing. Your an idiot.

clefty

I said
You lie you use gross exaggerations, you manipulate, you speak heresy. lolo And your needle is stuck on one thing. Your an idiot.

Stuck on one thing?

This is a Sabbath thread...

And I have used many different examples that it remains for the people of God...

You are the one stuck on Romans 14 as if it was about the Sabbath being any day you want...

And constant weak ad Homs...

A lot left to discuss within scripture and outside that time frame...

I mean if Constantine had to make a big spectacle pomp and ceremony about making Sunday services official almost 300 years later that proves there were some still faithful to scripture and His example in keeping Sabbath...