Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

SimpleMan77

I already addressed that earlier in this thread.

Here is what I said about it:

As for the statement in 1 Corinthians 13:10, “but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears”, nowadays tongue speakers claim that tongue speaking will not cease until Jesus comes again. However, that scripture does not say tongues will not stop until Jesus comes again. That scripture is about Jesus coming the first time.
The prophets in the Old Testament prophesied about Jesus, and prophets in the New Testament prophesied about our salvation. This is what Paul says, “…where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.”

When you only have prophesy in part, because the prophecy has not yet been fulfilled, or more prophecy is needed, it is imperfect, it is imperfect because the prophesy is in “part” or not yet fulfilled. However, when there is fulfillment of prophecy or more prophecy for what we need to know, then we have full understanding, so then, it is perfect and, that which is perfect is come. The Old Testament believers waited a long time for God to reveal Jesus to us, and now finally, from the Bible, we see that God has revealed Jesus, in the New Testament, the perfect has come. The Bible has everything we need to know for salvation. It is perfect. The New Testament is the “perfect law” given to us, James 1:25. The apostles from the New Testament received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures: John 16:13; 2 Peter 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matthew 28:20; I Corinthians 14:37; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; Romans 16:25-27.

We do not need anyone's tongue speaking to know more things about God's Truth, we have the Bible, and it is finished.

He actually says "languages shall cease". We get caught up sometimes in our translation (think Holy Ghost vs Holy Spirit). The word for tongue is literally "languages".
When will languages cease? Certainly not yet...

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

He actually says "languages shall cease". We get caught up sometimes in our translation (think Holy Ghost vs Holy Spirit). The word for tongue is literally "languages".
When will languages cease? Certainly not yet...

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I have no idea what you think you disproved.
Could you elaborate?

God's Truth

Are you familiar with the passage, regarding the Father giving the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Luke 11:9-13

9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

If our earthly fathers, being evil, know how to give good to their children, how much more can we depend on God our Heavenly Father to give us only that which is pure and good and pleasing to his sight?

That scripture does not prove your beliefs.

God's Truth

Well, since scripture teaches us to love, I will love, for love has not ceased.

Since scripture tells us to forgive, I will forgive, for forgiving has not ceased.

Since scripture teaches us to pray, I will continue to pray, for praying has not ceased.

Love and forgiveness and praying has not ceased even though we have all scripture.

Since scripture teaches me to speak in tongues, to interpret, to give forth words of prophecy, to receive word of knowledge, words of wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith/believing, miracles, and gifts of healing, I will do all those for the truth of scripture has not ceased.

You said you do not speak in tongues, so you defeat your own argument.

oatmeal

The sign gift of tongues no longer exists.

Does God know that?

When did you tell him?

Does God agree with you?

If you have read I Corinthians 13, did you read the "face to face" phrase?

Who is face to face with whom?

When will that occur?

I John 3:1-3 is when that occurs, I Thessalonians 4:13-18

That even has not yet happened.

I have not seen Jesus Christ face to face, have you?

oatmeal

That scripture does not prove your beliefs.

No, but it shows that God would not give you anything evil, including speaking in tongues.

Speaking in tongues is always good and pure.

You need not have any fear about speaking in tongues.

Learn what God's instructions are and let er rip.

oatmeal

You said you do not speak in tongues, so you defeat your own argument.

Really, I said that.

If I did, it was a typo, however, I am quite sure that I did not.

I do speak in tongues.

It is so powerful, it is amazing to see the results of it.

Once I learned what scripture has to say on the subject, I could do so confidently.

Even as with the other eight manifestations listed in I Cor 12:7-10

God's Truth

Really, I said that.

If I did, it was a typo, however, I am quite sure that I did not.

I do speak in tongues.

It is so powerful, it is amazing to see the results of it.

Once I learned what scripture has to say on the subject, I could do so confidently.

Even as with the other eight manifestations listed in I Cor 12:7-10

I thank God through Jesus,

that God has revealed His Truth to me.

May God's truth keep us close to Him and Jesus Christ.

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally.

They weren't taught how to speak in tongues, as all are nowadays.

The believers who supposedly speak in tongues, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thank God through Jesus,

that God has revealed His Truth to me.

May God's truth keep us close to Him and Jesus Christ.

The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally.

They weren't taught how to speak in tongues, as all are nowadays.

The believers who supposedly speak in tongues, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

So your god explained to you that Paul wrote 1 Cor,ch 14 for no reason at all.

LA

musterion

There are no more tongues.

1. Paul's states reason for them is long past.

2. No one can do it and verifiably catch it on tape.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no more tongues.

1. Paul's states reason for them is long past.

2. No one can do it and verifiably catch it on tape.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1Co 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

musterion

Hundreds of hours recorded of idiotic nonsense babble. None of it is a miracle.

Not one filmed example of anyone speaking in a language he verifiable had no knowledge of before. THAT would be a miracle. Footage? Nope.

Lying frauds, all of you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hundreds of hours recorded of idiotic nonsense babble. None of it is a miracle.

Not one filmed example of anyone speaking in a language he verifiable had no knowledge of before. THAT would be a miracle. Footage? Nope.

Lying frauds, all of you.

Not all frauds.

Just like all of Christianity are not frauds.

Are you also a fraud because many are?

LA