Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Strange how the kundalini experience if is from India, just like your supposed healing videos.
All your videos of 'proof' are from India.

You are a lost demon possessed person for sure/

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

God's Truth

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Your copycat speaking in tongues is not from God.

oatmeal

I explained the scriptures to you. You didn't even know those things about tongues until I told you.

Well, your explanation is at best feeble, but more honestly, private interpretation with no basis in reality.

You might not choose to speak in tongues but God is deeply desirous for those who worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Speaking in tongues is worshipping in spirit and in truth.

God's Truth

Well, your explanation is at best feeble, but more honestly, private interpretation with no basis in reality.

You might not choose to speak in tongues but God is deeply desirous for those who worship him in spirit and in truth. John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Speaking in tongues is worshipping in spirit and in truth.

Not your fake tongues.

oatmeal

Not your fake tongues.

Why not believe what Jesus taught, as I showed you in a previous post, that although earthly fathers being evil know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will our heavenly Father give the holy spirit to them that ask him?

Speaking in tongues is good and genuine and comes from the heavenly Father as part of the gift of holy spirit from our God and Father who is the Holy Spirit.

God does not give that which is counterfeit or impure.

He gave to us of His spirit. I John 4:13 and we manifest it in the nine ways listed in I Corinthians 12

Who ever talked you out of speaking in tongues did a great disservice to God and to you and to whoever else would have benefited from your spiritual actions.

WeberHome

Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
1Cor 14:1 . . Eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy.

The koiné Greek word for "prophecy" is propheteuo (prof-ate-yoo'-o) which primarily means to foretell events, but it also means to speak under inspiration; for example: Old Testament's prophets spoke under inspiration about Christ. (1Pet 1:10-11)

Abel was a prophet (Luke 11:50-51) and so was Abraham (Gen 20:7). I think it's fairly safe to assume that both of those men, at some time in their lives, spoke under inspiration about Christ. (cf. John 8:56)

Modern prophets speak under inspiration about Christ. (Rev 19:10)

Speaking under inspiration about Christ is far and away more valuable than the gift of tongues, for example:

1Cor 14:22-25 . . If the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming, "God is really among you!"

In other words: tonguers can actually drive people away from Christ.

John 6:44 . . No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him

The Father's primary tool of choice for drawing people to Christ isn't tongues, no, it's prophecy;

1Cor 1:21 . . It pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Noah was a preacher (2Pet 2:5). Had enough of the antediluvians listened to him, they might have averted the Flood. (In Noah's day the gift of tongues wasn't necessary because the whole earth spoke the same language.)

In the very early days of Jesus' church, tonguers were useful to Christ for propagating his message because people heard the tonguers speaking honest to gosh, real-life languages that audiences understood. But in our day and age, tonguers typically don't speak honest to gosh real-life languages but instead blather. As a result, tonguers are looked upon with the same disdain as those that hurl themselves in the aisle, faint, scream, shout, and/or dance with rattlesnakes.

In other words: tonguers are usually dismissed as kooks. Well; not too many sensible people care to accommodate kooks so I highly recommend speaking about Christ with an intelligible language. Here in my country, English is a good choice because most people can understand it without requiring the services of a translator.

/

God's Truth

Why not believe what Jesus taught, as I showed you in a previous post, that although earthly fathers being evil know how to give good gifts to their children, how much more will our heavenly Father give the holy spirit to them that ask him?

Speaking in tongues is good and genuine and comes from the heavenly Father as part of the gift of holy spirit from our God and Father who is the Holy Spirit.

He gave to us of His spirit. I John 4:13 and we manifest it in the nine ways listed in I Corinthians 12

Who ever talked you out of speaking in tongues did a great disservice to God and to you and to whoever else would have benefited from your spiritual actions.

I already told you that God revealed the truth to me.

I am not taught by mere men, as you can see by my explaining scriptures like no other you have read before.

The gift is the Holy Spirit.

The gift of tongues is not a gift given anymore.

You even go against the scriptures when you make it as if speaking in tongues was given to all the saved.

God's Truth

Well the preacher it that video has not got it all right either.

To pray in the spirit is not confined to tongues speakers.

Have you ever been filled with the Holy spirit?

LA

Why do you ask me such questions after speaking evil about me?
Does it sound like to you to ask me that after what you have said?

WeberHome

Re: Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

-
1Cor 12:27-31 . . Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

Q: Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?

A: No, No, No, No, No, No, and No!

Rom 12:3-6 . . Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.

Q: Well; if 1Cor 12:27-31 and Rom 12:3-6 are hard and fast rules; then why do so many tonguers insist that every true Christian is supposed to have the gift of tongues?

A: Because to their way of thinking; tongues are the proof that they have been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ as per 1Cor 12:13; and thus sealed for the day of redemption as per Eph 1:13 and Eph 4:30. Ergo: invalidate their tongues, and you can just imagine how frightened and insecure that tonguers would suddenly become due to uncertainty whether they might actually be on a road to hell.

/

RBBI

LOL....this looks familiar....does this?

Did you notice that the question, "Do all interpret?" follows, "Do all speak in tongues?" This is what marks it as being the gift of tongues and interpretation, ONLY. Which is compatible with how Paul said to forbid not to speak in tongues. When you don't understand the gifts and how they operate, you can't see the context, so I realize it's not your fault. What IS your fault, is your stubbornness in refusing to correct your erroneous ideas about them that don't line up with ALL the scriptures, not just the ones you want to take out of context.

And since tongues or the lack thereof do not equate with one's initial salvation experience, fear of "being on a road to hell" is a non-existent point. Peace

RBBI

Amen...

God's Truth

That is the gift that scripture is speaking of.

The gift of tongues were for a sign to UNBELIEVING Jews, during the laying of the foundation.

The sign was given and the foundation has been laid.

Tongues has ceased, just as the scripture says it would.

It is fruitless for your mind to speak in tongues, WHEN NO ONE BUT GOD UNDERSTANDS, it is STILL FRUITLESS.

Speaking in tongues is for unbelieving JEWS to hear the message in their language.

Calling tongues a prayer language is from a misunderstanding of when no one is around who understands you.

We have the perfect law of Christ, the law of the Spirit, and tongues ceased.

RBBI

That is the gift that scripture is speaking of.

The gift of tongues were for a sign to UNBELIEVING Jews, during the laying of the foundation.

The sign was given and the foundation has been laid.

Tongues has ceased, just as the scripture says it would.

It is fruitless for your mind to speak in tongues, WHEN NO ONE BUT GOD UNDERSTANDS, it is STILL FRUITLESS.

Speaking in tongues is for unbelieving JEWS to hear the message in their language.

Calling tongues a prayer language is from a misunderstanding of when no one is around who understands you.

We have the perfect law of Christ, the law of the Spirit, and tongues ceased.

Tongues was never done away with. Let's look at what the Word says....

First of all.....non initial salvation people really have no valid say in the matters of G-d, because it is a kingdom not made with hands that we are born from above into and begin our walk through the courts of the Tabernacle pattern, becoming one with the furniture as we progress. It is SPIRITUAL and those that have not awakened to life in the spiritual realm, are still asleep in the darkness of their own soul, and this is why they are still deaf, dumb, blind and lame.

We meet Him in the outer court realm, this is the realm of babes and babes are washed with pure water. But the spiritual gifts are part of the inner court realm, because the inner court realm was reserved for priests only, and is as in type, the rubbing of the child with salt. Water cleanses, but salt (and the Holy Ghost by analogy) sterilizes and preserves, and also burns like fire. First we are called (outer court), then we are justified (inner court), then the final part of the process is to be glorified. As we have borne the image of the earthly, so too will we bear the image of the heavenly.

Anyone that tried to breach the division between the outer court and the inner court realm of the priesthood, was put to death, which is essentially what happens when we try to approach Him through the works of our own hands. The baptism in the Holy Ghost, which is signified by the inner court realm of the priests, who are busy doing their prescribed duties for this court, comes with an anointing which is to set them apart for service, just like the priests of the original Tabernacle had.

This is the realm of manifestation of healing rain for the transforming of the soul, for we are saved (spirit/outer court), soul (inner court), and body (Holy of Holies). It is a progressive work, and this is the race that Paul talked about being set before us. This race requires the power of the Holy Ghost, for the works of the flesh of men do not qualify. This is why we are told the Holy Ghost does the works, but what works? Even to the saving of our soul, for the priest's job here is to remit sins by laying hands on the heads of the people. And they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. When you see the son of man has the POWER to remit sins (Him IN YOU), then know that the kingdom of G-d has come unto you.

2Kings 17:36 But the LORD, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt with great power and a stretched out arm, him shall ye fear, and him shall ye worship, and to him shall ye do sacrifice.

Hands speak of works, the Holy Ghost is the power part of, He has given us POWER, love and a sound mind. Just as He brought His people/chosen ones out of Egypt (a type of the flesh) with the power of His outstretched arm, so too does He begin to take us out of all the things the flesh has bound us with, by the hand of the Holy Ghost.

He is all about birthing a child, which He showed with them when He brought them through the sea of reeds. What was really happening there, according to His view, was He was birthing a child out of Egypt it's mother, and once the child was born (came through the water), He closed up the womb of Egypt declaring no more children would be birthed through the flesh, for He desired to establish a spiritual kingdom with spiritual sons, once again. In short, He cursed the womb of the flesh, for barrenness is a curse, and so He would not allow the Egyptians to also be "birthed", they became as one stillborn, one who never came out of the womb alive. No more twins with different fathers (Cain and Abel) for Him.

After this, He brought them to Mt. Sinai, which is where the fire was on the mount in pattern, and they received the Word of the Lord, which they rejected even before it came, because the flesh left to itself will always reproduce flesh, as every seed bears fruit after it's own kind, just as it did with Cain, whose father was a murderer from the beginning. But this covenant is different, in that it begins with His law being written on our heart, by the in workings of the Holy Ghost, who is as the hand of G-d separated into the works of His five "fingers", the 5 fold ministry of the works of HIM, not of individuals bearing that title. Note the order of the 3 part scripture and how POWER fits the inner court Tabernacle pattern in the order.

Matt. 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Note how the kingdom of G-d comes....

Mark 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with POWER.

And just who is this gift of POWER for? Are you called?

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Note that they were to stay in Jerusalem until the believers RECEIVED something else....POWER.

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with POWER from on high.

Note below that those that had already received him, to them gave he POWER to BECOME (not is) the sons of G-d. There are babes, young men, and mature sons. The inner court realm gives us the power to begin the growth process, of not staying on the milk of the Word.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Now when did that power manifest in those besides the 12?

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

How do believers abound in joy, peace and hope?

Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the POWER of the Holy Ghost.

Notice how the gospel is to be preached....

Romans 15:19 THROUGH MIGHTY SIGNS AND WONDERS, BY THE POWER OF the Spirit of G-d; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

How is our faith to stand, and what is that power again?

1Cor. 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the POWER of G-d.

Now what is the kingdom of G-d and how does it come?

1Cor. 4:20 For the kingdom of G-d is not in word, but in POWER.

The "good Seed" is in us, but how is it raised?

1Cor. 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in POWER:

Eph. 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his POWER to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty POWER,

How are we strengthened?

Col. 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious POWER, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Do you understand that you receive upon YOUR HEAD what He shed forth that was seen and heard? That at this point, you are baptized into His Spirit AS THE HOLY GHOST and He becomes your head? And that if you have THIS SPIRIT, that raised Him from the dead, then He will also quicken your mortal bodies?

Col. 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and POWER:

And what is it also for?

Acts 4:33 And with great POWER gave the apostles WITNESS OF THE RESURECTION OF THE LORD Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

The choice is plain...

2Tim. 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but DENYING THE POWER thereof: from such turn away.

Forgot to add....FORBID NOT TO SPEAK IN TONGUES....Peace

oatmeal

-
1Cor 12:27-31 . . Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.

Q: Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?

A: No, No, No, No, No, No, and No!

Rom 12:3-6 . . Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us.

Q: Well; if 1Cor 12:27-31 and Rom 12:3-6 are hard and fast rules; then why do so many tonguers insist that every true Christian is supposed to have the gift of tongues?

A: Because to their way of thinking; tongues are the proof that they have been baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ as per 1Cor 12:13; and thus sealed for the day of redemption as per Eph 1:13 and Eph 4:30. Ergo: invalidate their tongues, and you can just imagine how frightened and insecure that tonguers would suddenly become due to uncertainty whether they might actually be on a road to hell
/

"Inthe church" in any particular church meeting not all would speak in tongues. Nor would all teach. Nor would all do the opening prayer. Not all church meetings would have an apostle or prophet present.