Rules Governing The Gift Of Tongues

God's Truth

I thought so, you have no scripture to back up your claim that tongues have ceased.

LA

Your opinion is that of one that goes against the Truth.

The real speaking in tongues was a sign to unbelievers.

It was a sign for the Jews, the unbelieving Jews.

God testified to what the believers said.

It was during the laying of the foundation.

The sign was given.

The message was testified to.

The foundation has been laid.

The perfect gospel has been given.

Knowledge has ceased, we have the Holy Bible, the written Word of God, and nothing can be added to it.

Speaking in tongues were for hearing in real earthly languages.

Angels are ministers to humans and can understand all languages of the world.

God understands all languages of the world.

When no Jews were around who understand the tongues being spoken, and if the speaker himself does not even know what he himself is saying, then he is speaking only to God, and his mind is fruitless, even his prayers are fruitless to himself, fruitless praise, a fruitless song...edifying only to the speaker to know he has a tongue, which now he should be quiet if he cannot interpret, or if no one else around to interpret,

The tongue speakers did not have to be taught how to speak in tongues.
It was a supernatural happening.
It is not babbling gibberish.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The sign was given.

Knowledge has ceased, we have the Holy Bible, the written Word of God, and nothing can be added to it.

When no Jews were around who understand the tongues being spoken, and if the speaker himself does not even know what he himself is saying, then he is speaking only to God, and his mind is fruitless, even his prayers are fruitless to himself, fruitless praise, a fruitless song...edifying only to the speaker to know he has a tongue, which now he should be quiet if he cannot interpret, or if no one else around to interpret,

So you have no scripture saying tongues have ceased, only opinion.

1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

So you think the perfect has come?

Why did Paul preach--

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

LA

musterion

Video evidence of tongues. Post it if you have it. Must contain,

a. someone speaking fluently in an identifiable language

b. who can be independently verified as not knowing that language before.

You who say miraculous tongues continue, it's not enough to say "The Bible doesn't say they have stopped, so they haven't." The burden of proof is yours to show who today has it.

oatmeal

Video evidence of tongues. Post it if you have it. Must contain,

a. someone speaking fluently in an identifiable language

b. who can be independently verified as not knowing that language before.

You who say miraculous tongues continue, it's not enough to say "The Bible doesn't say they have stopped, so they haven't." The burden of proof is yours to show who today has it.

Evidently, scriptural evidence is not enough for you.

Every believer has times in their life when they must decide whether God's word is truth or what people tell them is true.

Jesus Christ stilled the waters because inspite visual evidence of the storm and of the disciples fears, he chose to believe God to still the waters.

Jesus Christ healed the sick for inspite of the visual evidence that they were sick, God's word makes healing available for those who choose to believe God's word.

Shall I go on?

If speaking in tongues was good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me.

God's Truth

So you have no scripture saying tongues have ceased, only opinion.

1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

So you think the perfect has come?

Why did Paul preach--

1Co 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

LA

I gave many scriptures that prove tongues have ceased.

I already proved that the perfect has come.

Tongues were for Jews from all nations.

Tongues is fruitless now.

God's Truth

Evidently, scriptural evidence is not enough for you.

Every believer has times in their life when they must decide whether God's word is truth or what people tell them is true.

Jesus Christ stilled the waters because inspite visual evidence of the storm and of the disciples fears, he chose to believe God to still the waters.

Jesus Christ healed the sick for inspite of the visual evidence that they were sick, God's word makes healing available for those who choose to believe God's word.

Shall I go on?

If speaking in tongues was good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me.

Why won't LA and you tell me if you do those things shown on the video?

Your "prophet" has been fooled into false prophesying.

You can't call him a prophet anymore, unless of course you call him a false prophet.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Prove that any of the Acts era sign gifts are still in operation today.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why won't LA and you tell me if you do those things shown on the video?

Your "prophet" has been fooled into false prophesying.

You can't call him a prophet anymore, unless of course you call him a false prophet.

I for one, have never had anything to do with the crazy people, but you have.

LA

God's Truth

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

That was for those who helped in laying the foundation.

oatmeal

The sign was given.

How amusing! LA asked for scriptures and all you have is your opinion.

Guess what!

Your opinions do not negate the commandments of God.

Although like one of the Pharisees you trangress the commandments of God by your opinions

God's Truth

How amusing! LA asked for scriptures and all you have is your opinion.

Guess what!

Your opinions do not negate the commandments of God.

Although like one of the Pharisees you trangress the commandments of God by your opinions

I explained the scriptures to you. You didn't even know those things about tongues until I told you.