ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

glorydaz

When were Peter's words at John 20:30-31 cancelled?

I have asked you that more than once and I never got an answer.

When?

All you prove over and over is the fact that you put more faith in what some people say about the Scriptures than you do in what they actually say.

I don't think they were cancelled, but they were incomplete. We see the resurrection, but it isn't included in Peter's message. :idunno:

John 20:27-31 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

Jerry Shugart

I don't think they were cancelled, but they were incomplete. We see the resurrection, but it isn't included in Peter's message.

John 20:27-31 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.​

So you think John was in error when he said that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life? And what about what John said at 1 John 5:1-5? Are people not born of God when they believe the same message anymore?​

glorydaz

So you think John was in error when he said that those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, receive life? And what about what John said at 1 John 5:1-5? Are people not born of God when they believe the same message anymore?

No, Jerry, I'm avoiding thinking at all.

I post whatever pops into my head.

I only mentioned what popped into my head.

That's my new way of going.

Interplanner

Here is the gospel which the Twelve preached:

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick"
(Lk.9:1-2).

That is the exact same gospel which Paul speaks of here:

"And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more" (Acts 20:25).​

According to Pastor Johnson even though the Twelve and Paul were all preaching the kingdom of God Paul was not preaching the same gospel as the Twelve!

Check on the sense of "of": 'about the kingdom' vs 'belonging to it.' They are distinct and the Greek casing tells us which is which.

musterion

@Jerry Shugart,

I answered your question but you ignored my response to your post. My question is a fair and honest one, so I repost it here. I would like an honest reply:

In 1 John 5:2-3, which you cited, what exactly does "His commandments" mean? Where can we find them in the Bible?

Cuz by your logic, [MENTION=10]Jerry Shugart[/MENTION], if those commands referenced by John are indeed for the body of Christ, then not only Jews but Gentiles were meant to obey them too. And not just back then, but today as well.

So do tell us where we can find these commandments in the Bible.

Jerry Shugart

@Jerry Shugart,

I answered your question but you ignored my response to your post. My question is a fair and honest one, so I repost it here. I would like an honest reply:

In 1 John 5:2-3, which you cited, what exactly does "His commandments" mean? Where can we find them in the Bible?

Paul spoke about those commandments at 1 Corinthians 7:19 and since those who received the Hebrew epistles were in the Body of Christ then those commandments are to same ones given to those in the Body (Col.3:5-8).

Now please answer a question for me.

If an unbelieving Jew read the book of John and came to the realization that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God (Jn.20:30-31) would he, at that time, be born of God (1 Jn.5:1-5)?

If not why not?

Jerry Shugart

I asked you, twice now, to show us where His commmandments are...the ones referred to by John.

Again, the commandments of God of which John spoke are the same exact commandments spoken of in the following verse by Paul:

"Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God" (1 Cor.7:19).​

In case you didn't notice it those words are addressed to those in the Body of Christ so it cannot be denied that keeping the commandments of God spoken of by John are foreign to those in the Body.

Don't recall you always being this dishonest.

I am still waiting your for evidence that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body of Christ but not all of them were.

Surely by now you can give the Scriptures which led you to believe such a silly thing.

Or are you being dishonest about that?

Now you have a perfect opportunity to show us that you are not dishonest and you actually have evidence from the Scriptures which you think proves that only some of the first century Jewish believers were baptized into the Body but not all of them.

Where is the evidence?

Jerry Shugart

See what?

I answered you and you did not even try to answer me.

What is your point about John speaking about the commandments of God? You must have a reason for bringing up those words of his so what do you think those words mean?

And why didn't you address Paul's use of those same exact words?

Cat got your tongue or are you just being dishonest again?

Jerry Shugart

To all true MADs...

Is my repeated question to Shugart unclear?

I asked you to clarify your point. Why didn't you do that?

The reason is because your post has nothing to do with actually discussing the Scriptures but instead to try to assassinate my character. And that is why you questioned my honesty!

Besides that, the true MADs are the ones who follow the giants of Mid-Acts dispensationalism, Sir Robert Anderson and J.C. O'Hair. And here is what O'Hair says about your teaching that the Hebrew epistles are not for the Body of Christ:

"Peter and James and ten other apostles are going to sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel. (Matthew 19:27 and 28). But I do not agree with Christians who say that the twelve apostles were not members of the Body of Christ...I make no such foolish statement...that these Epistles of Peter and James are not for this age...I use 1 Peter 3:18 in preaching the gospel of grace as frequently as I use any other verse" [emphasis mine] (O'Hair, The Accuser of the Brethren and the Brethren Concerning Bullingerism).

According to O'Hair your ideas about the Hebrew epistles not being for the Body of Christ is foolishness!

But what else could we expect from a fool such as you? O'Hair's words are in regard to the ideas of Bullinger of Acts 28 fame. Your ideas come straight from Bullingerism and are a direct repudiation of true MAD teaching.