ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

Jerry Shugart

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles was not the same thing which he preached to the Jews at Acts 9. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

It means that what Paul preached to the Jews at Acts 9 was not the same gospel which he preached among the Gentiles.

Perhaps you think that when Paul preached to the Jews he preached the gospel of the uncircumcision to them instead of the gospel of the circumcision?

Is that what you think?

Jerry Shugart

Why do you think that "Jesus is the Christ" is the "gospel of the kingdom"?

This is one of the reasons for your confusion.

You are confused because Peter did in fact preach that message to the Jews when he preached the gospel of the kingdom.

You obviously do not know that the heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Let us look at the following question asked by the Lord Jesus and the answer given by Peter:

"He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it" (Mt.16:15-18).​

This confession of Peter, that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is the "rock" upon which the Jewish church was to be built. Alfred Edersheim, a Jewish convert to Christianity, explains the meaning of the "rock" here:

"Perhaps it might be expressed in this somewhat clumsy paraphrase: 'Thou art Peter (Petros)--a Stone or Rock--and upon this Petra--the Rock, the Petrine--will I found My Church...so Christ promised that He would build His Church on the Petrine in Peter--on his faith and confession"
(Edersheim, The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah; Part Two [Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing, 1971], 83-84).​

According to the Lord Jesus it is faith in the truth that He is the Christ, the Son of God, upon which the Jewish ekklesia is to be built. On the day of Pentecost the Apostle Peter used facts of the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus to prove that the Lord Jesus is the promised Christ. Peter ended his sermon with the following words:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ"
(Acts 2:36).​

And you call me confused for saying that the message that Jesus is the Christ is a part of the gospel of the kingdom.

You are the one who is confused, not me!

Jerry Shugart

Did you know Jews today do NOT need to believe Paul's gospel to be saved?

It's true!

Ask Shugart.

When were Peter's words at John 20:30-31 cancelled?

I have asked you that more than once and I never got an answer.

When?

All you prove over and over is the fact that you put more faith in what some people say about the Scriptures than you do in what they actually say.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles was not the same thing which he preached to the Jews at Acts 9. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
(Acts 9:20,22).​

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
(Gal.1:15-17).​

When Paul received a gospel from the Lord Jesus on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia. That can only mean that two different gospels were preached during the Acts period.

It means that what Paul preached to the Jews at Acts 9 was not the same gospel which he preached among the Gentiles.

Perhaps you think that when Paul preached to the Jews he preached the gospel of the uncircumcision to them instead of the gospel of the circumcision?

Is that what you think?
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 KJV -
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

musterion

When were Peter's words at John 20:30-31 cancelled?

Peter's words? Where?

I have asked you that more than once and I never got an answer.

When?

When Paul received a new gospel of grace that references the DBR as THE content of saving faith for all who hear, equally lost Jew and Gentile alike. John 20:30-31 does not so reference it.

Tell the truth. How long have you been Acts 2, and why do you pretend to be MAD?

Jerry Shugart

Peter's words? Where?

Excuse me. I meant John's words.

When Paul received a new gospel of grace that references the DBR as THE content of saving faith for all who hear, equally lost Jew and Gentile alike. John 20:30-31 does not so reference it.

So? When were the words of John at John 20:30-31 cancelled?

Since when were the following words cancelled:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

When were those words cancelled?

Right Divider

Body part
You are confused because Peter did in fact preach that message to the Jews when he preached the gospel of the kingdom.
No kidding Jerry... Peter preached BOTH.

Once again Jerry, sometimes you are very logical person and other times completely not.

THAT Jesus is the Christ is NOT the gospel of the kingdom. It is PART of the gospel of the kingdom.
You obviously do not know that the heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.
I obviously do know that... that does NOT make them IDENTICAL.

And you call me confused for saying that the message that Jesus is the Christ is a part of the gospel of the kingdom.

You are the one who is confused, not me!
If you had said that, I would not have called you confused.

musterion

Oh.

When were the words of John at John 20:30-31 cancelled?

I answered that.

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By THIS we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God,that we keep His commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).

What exactly did "His commandments" mean?

You've been Acts 2 for how long again?

john w

Hall of Fame
All you prove over and over is the fact that you put more faith in what some people say about the Scriptures than you do in what they actually say.

That's rich, coming from this kid, who cites what others say, in 1/2 posts, quoting Anderson,..................................................................................................................................................................................

Danoh

But would the Gentiles even understand who the "Christ" is talking about? I have no clue, but your comment interests me, so could you please elaborate?

He had been very well-known throughout the vast, Roman Province of Judaea, and beyond.

Acts 10:37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Why?

Because Israelites had long been scattered throughout many nations.

Matthew 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matthew 4:15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;

Matthew 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

John 7:35 Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

John 11:51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Acts 4:24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: 4:25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things? 4:26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ. 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, 4:28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

And so on...

His coming had been well known throughout that ancient world - because of the Jews.

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

2:9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 2:10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

Acts 17: 11, 12

john w

Hall of Fame
Half time reminder: Jerry is always right.

Vegas has it at 2/1, that within 4 posts, he will hit us with part of his "tri-fecta:"

-Why should I believe you, instead of.... the scriptures, "Jesus," Paul?

-Do you you really think..............?That is laughable!!!!(Humanism)

-Quit attacking the messenger!!!!

Danoh

Half time reminder: Jerry is always right.

Vegas has it at 2/1, that within 4 posts, he will hit us with part of his "tri-fecta:"

-Why should I believe you, instead of.... the scriptures, "Jesus," Paul?

-Do you you really think..............?That is laughable!!!!(Humanism)

-Quit attacking the messenger!!!!

And "let us look at..."

And "the Scriptures will be searched in vain..."

And "of course, we know that" this, that, the other...

And so on.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

DAN P

EXACTLY. Paul preached the gospel of circumcision to the Jews and not the gospel of the uncircumcision.

Hi Jerry and HOW did Jews get BAPTIZO / PLACED , BY 1 Cor 12:13 , into the B O C if they were not saved by Rom 10:9 and Eph 2:8 and 1 Cor 12:3 ?

See 2 Cor 13:16 !!

Acts 18:7-8 !!

dan p

john w

Hall of Fame
And "let us look at..."

And "the Scriptures will be searched in vain..."

And "of course, we know that" this, that, the other...

And so on.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

"It is obvious....Clearly...Sir Robert Anderson says....The Greek lexicon says......."

Cricket...cricket...cricket...