ECT Rightly Dividing MADs

Right Divider

Body part
The gospel of God is not the same gospel which was kept secret until Paul revealed it:
"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures" (Ro.1:1-2).​

The gospel of God was promised by the prophets in the OT so it cannot possibly be a gospel which was not revealed in the OT!

Now tell me which gospel Paul preached when he went to the synagogues. Was it the gospel of the circumcision or the gospel of the gospel of the uncircumcision?

Which one?
I didn't say the gospel of God.... I said the gospel of Christ.

Like usual, you don't even pay attention to what anyone writes. You're too busy being Jerry.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not a Mormon but I believe that the Lord Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Evidently you do not!
No, you are a Mormon, and you embarrass the Lord Jesus Christ, as you assert that we are "little gods," and that the virgin birth/conception was/is unnecessary.

john w

Hall of Fame
I didn't say the gospel of God.... I said the gospel of Christ.

Like usual, you don't even pay attention to what anyone writes. You're too busy being Jerry.

Correct. He's a disingenuous poser, with an unteacheable "spirit," not here to learn from others, or teach, but just to assert/pound the table/falsely accuse/declare victory, "proving" that he is right, as not many are listening to him on the circuit, even though he is always right. Just ask him.

john w

Hall of Fame

Evidently you do not!

He spams that to everyone that disagrees with him.

Come on, kid....Give us another one of your brilliant debate clinchers/enders, such as, "Don't you believe the bible?.....Why should I believe you, instead of Paul?"

Come on, punk....Give us your "trifecta." Please, teach us...

musterion

You know, Mormons aren't the only ones who think like that. Some of the Hagin/Copeland type charismatics also believe God has a physical body. No sign of Jerry "Pick a Gospel" Shugart ever defended tongues so Mormon might be a safe bet, and it would explain a lot. Or maybe it's just a doctrine of Shugartism.

john w

Hall of Fame
You know, Mormons aren't the only ones who think like that. Some of the Hagin/Copeland type charismatics also believe God has a physical body. No sign of Jerry "Pick a Gospel" Shugart ever defended tongues so Mormon might be a safe bet, and it would explain a lot. Or maybe it's just a doctrine of Shugartism.

Ha-I'm diggin' that "Shugartism." I'm practicing what I learned from him:

Why should I believe Shugartism, instead of the scriptures?

Danoh

Did you not know that Paul was also given a ministry to the Jews as well?

What gospel would he preach to the Jews, the gospel of the circumcision or the gospel of the uncircumcision?

Nope.

That is not the Acts 9 Position on that.

The Acts 9 Position is that the nation Israel was judged UNCIRCUMCISION with Gentiles at Acts 7; a then lost Paul included in that.

Their only hope now?

God's Mystery gospel - of the Uncircumcision: Jew and Gentile absent of said distinction - the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, but now" was being "made manifest...through preaching committed unto" Paul.

Not a last minute plan B, but a long since planned out aspect of, and within, God's Two-Fold Purpose: Prophecy (a kingdom of Priests on Earth through a redeemed ISRAEL, one day) and Mystery (His universal kingdom over the Angels and all Creation, through a New Creature: the Body of Christ).

Yours is a hybrid somewhat along the hybrid (mix of things that do not go together) of Charles Welch, and E.C. Moore.

The gospel of Christ is an aspect of, and within the umbrella phrase: the Gospel of God.

Anyone who separates the two is confused; has departed from a consistent Acts 9 Study Approach.

Plain and simple.

Romans 15:14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15:15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost. 15:17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God. 15:18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed, 15:19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

The gospel of Christ pertains to those things that pertain to the gospel of God: to God's good news - the gospel of (about or concerning) His Dear Son.

Luke's account of the Lord's Own Words to Ananias...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Luke's account of Paul's own words about what took place in Acts 9, both when he FIRST encountered the Lord, and afterwards, when he met Ananias....

Acts 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 26:16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Paul's words after Acts 28...

Colossians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

The same message given him by the Lord in Acts 9.

Acts 9 Dispensationalism.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

DAN P

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures" (Ro.1:1-2).​

Since the gospel of God was promised in the OT then it is not the same gospel which was kept secret since the world began.

You are nothing but a Bullingerite posing as a Mid-Acts dispensationalists!

Hi , Jerry and Rom 1:2 I believe is a bad tanslation , by using the Greek word WHICH / HOS !!

Rom 1:2 should begin like this , WHOM / HOS He promised before through His Prophets in Holy Scriptures !!

The Geek word HOS has three meanings #1 WHO or WHOM when refering to persons !!

#2 , What , when referring to Objects !!

#3, WHICH , when referring to things !!

This is why I am not KJV -ONLY !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

It certainly makes sense that the verse should read "whom" instead of "which."

But that doesn't change anything that I said about that verse, that the "gospel of God" is in regard to a gospel which was foretold in the OT while the gospel which Paul called "my gospel" is a gospel which was kept secret until he received it directly from the Lord Jesus.

So the "gospel of God" is not the same gospel as the "gospel of the grace of God."

Paul preached the gospel of God to the Jews and the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles.

DAN P

It certainly makes sense that the verse should read "whom" instead of "which."

But that doesn't change anything that I said about that verse, that the "gospel of God" is in regard to a gospel which was foretold in the OT while the gospel which Paul called "my gospel" is a gospel which was kept secret until he received it directly from the Lord Jesus.

So the "gospel of God" is not the same gospel as the "gospel of the grace of God."

Paul preached the gospel of God to the Jews and the gospel of the grace of God to the Gentiles.

H Jerry where did I miss that verse , and are you saying Eph 3:2 ,,especially , since Paul says , Paul says , given to me , where the word ME is EMPHATIC and means ONLY GIVEN TO ME 11

Where is that verse , where preached to Jews and what was that message , include ??

dan p

Danoh

Hi , Jerry and Rom 1:2 I believe is a bad tanslation , by using the Greek word WHICH / HOS !!

Rom 1:2 should begin like this , WHOM / HOS He promised before through His Prophets in Holy Scriptures !!

The Geek word HOS has three meanings #1 WHO or WHOM when refering to persons !!

#2 , What , when referring to Objects !!

#3, WHICH , when referring to things !!

dan p

Take this how you might or might not, DP...

You might or might not know more than a thing or two about Greek moods, tenses, emphasis' and so on, but as you have often proven by your many, many often very poorly worded posts - you know very little about such things when it comes to North American LATER English, let alone, when it comes to the EARLY Modern BRITISH of the KJV.

In "which" the word "which" is ALSO often used when speaking of THE Person or Persons...

Case in point, from just Romans alone...

Romans 1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

Romans 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Its called Comparing the Passages for the intended meaning of a word, phrase, and or passage, through other passages wherein the same theme, subject, narrative and so on, are being addressed.

Some more...

Romans 2:2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

Romans 2:3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Romans 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

Romans 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,

Romans 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Romans 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Romans 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Romans 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Romans 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Romans 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Romans 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,

Romans 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

Romans 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

Romans 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Romans 16:10 Salute Apelles approved in Christ. Salute them which are of Aristobulus' household.

Romans 16:11 Salute Herodion my kinsman. Greet them that be of the household of Narcissus, which are in the Lord.

Romans 16:12 Salute Tryphena and Tryphosa, who labour in the Lord. Salute the beloved Persis, which laboured much in the Lord.

Romans 16:14 Salute Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and the brethren which are with them.

Romans 16:15 Salute Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints which are with them.

THERE you have an example of the Bible's Own Built-in Concordance (or collection of words that concord, or agree with one another in one way, or another).

THERE you have an example of how to do a Word Study IN the Scripture Itself, THROUGH the Scripture ITSELF.

In ANY language...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Nevertheless, DP - Rom. 5: 6-8.

Jerry Shugart

H Jerry where did I miss that verse , and are you saying Eph 3:2 ,,especially , since Paul says , Paul says , given to me , where the word ME is EMPHATIC and means ONLY GIVEN TO ME 11

I believe that the Lord Jesus gave the gospel of the uncircumcision only to Paul. The rest of the Apostles learned it from Paul.

Where is that verse , where preached to Jews and what was that message , include ??

The first message which Paul preached after being converted was the "gospel of the kingdom" in the synagogues of the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

That was the same gospel which Paul continued to preach to the Jews:

"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts17:2,30).​

That is the same message that Apollos preached to the Jews:

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ"
(Acts18:28).​

That is the same gospel which Paul preached to the Jews and the same gospel the Twelve preached to the Jews (compare Luke 9:2 and Acts 20:25).

Right Divider

Body part
I believe that the Lord Jesus gave the gospel of the uncircumcision only to Paul. The rest of the Apostles learned it from Paul.

The first message which Paul preached after being converted was the "gospel of the kingdom" in the synagogues of the Jews:
"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God...proving that this is the very Christ" (Acts 9:20,22).​

That was the same gospel which Paul continued to preach to the Jews:
"And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts17:2,30).​

That is the same message that Apollos preached to the Jews:

"For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus is Christ"
(Acts18:28).​

That is the same gospel which Paul preached to the Jews and the same gospel the Twelve preached to the Jews (compare Luke 9:2 and Acts 20:25).
Why do you think that "Jesus is the Christ" is the "gospel of the kingdom"?

This is one of the reasons for your confusion.

glorydaz

This is one of the reasons for your confusion.

But would the Gentiles even understand who the "Christ" is talking about? I have no clue, but your comment interests me, so could you please elaborate?

Wick Stick

Because Christ means anointed, and anointing was the act of inaugurating a new king.

You seem to lack a fundamental grasp of what the words mean. Perhaps you should spend a little more time with your concordance.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Here is the gospel which the Twelve preached:

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick"
(Lk.9:1-2).

That is the exact same gospel which Paul speaks of here:
"And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more" (Acts 20:25).​

According to Pastor Johnson even though the Twelve and Paul were all preaching the kingdom of God Paul was not preaching the same gospel as the Twelve!

Galatians 1:11-24 KJV -
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;

22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

24 And they glorified God in me.

Galatians 2:1-7 KJV -
Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;