Renounce Your Worthless Religion and Trust in Christ Alone

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are being enemies ! Christ's death was enough !

I guess that you enjoy being corrected.

The scripture does not say "While they were being enemies".

The scripture says, "For if WHEN we WERE enemies" Both words "When" and "Were" are past tence words.

You cannot be reconciled to God and still be his enemy.

clefty

Do tell us what you have to offer God that will merit your salvation?

Oh my salvation is freely given...but once I got it I got to work it out with fear and trembling...and not be arrogant lest I be broken off again like the others before me...

Makes me want to be obedient to please the Giver...Who said I should if I love Him

What do you do with yours?

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh my salvation is freely given...but once I got it I got to work it out with fear and trembling...and not be arrogant lest I be broken off again like the others before me...

Makes me want to be obedient to please the Giver...Who said I should if I love Him

What do you do with yours?

So its faith plus works. Are you a Catholic?

beloved57

I guess that you enjoy being corrected.

The scripture does not say "While they were being enemies".

The scripture says, "For if WHEN we WERE enemies" Both words "When" and "Were" are past tence words.

You cannot be reconciled to God and still be his enemy.

Yeah, its while they were enemies rejecting God when they were reconciled to God by Christ death Rom 5:10, as usual you reject the truth.

clefty

You poor lost soul

I believe no one knows his own heart...a most deceptive thing...

We can have assurance salvation was secured...we may believe it is available...we know it is guaranteed...

That we have it is something only He can say...at judgement day...until then we work it out, run the race, fight the good fight until the end...when we hear "well done...enter ye in" or "I never knew ye"

by our fruits...a merciful guide to assure us we are in line walking in "the Way" just AS He did...

clefty

So its faith plus works. Are you a Catholic?

The works He requires are of Him...what the church obligates are man made traditions

Luther forgot there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God as we are still in the wilderness headed towards the promise when we will rest forever from our work He prescribes...

Knowing what He did for us we wish to wear His yoke to do His bidding...a witness and testimony of what was done

Faith compels obedience...

Robert Pate

Banned
The works He requires are of Him...what the church obligates are man made traditions

Luther forgot there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God as we are still in the wilderness headed towards the promise when we will rest forever from our work He prescribes...

Knowing what He did for us we wish to wear His yoke to do His bidding...a witness and testimony of what was done

Faith compels obedience...

The apostles said, "For we cannot but speak of the things which we have seen and heard" Acts 4:20.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Faith compels obedience"…..^^^ and obedience is manifested in good works, (Sermon on the Mt. Ten Commandments)).

Old monastic saying——"….you can tell how sincere a monk prays by how he sweeps and mops the kitchen floor."

To be under the Ten Commandments is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

The old monk probably went to hell because he was trusting in his good works.

Robert Pate

Banned
WORKS:

The poor in spirit————-(works) being proud, puffed up, striving for material and earthly things, Vanity.

Blessed are the meek —(works) being meek may result in yielding to acts of sin and wickedness, honest meekness over comes evil with a good disposition,

Blessed are the merciful (works) people who relieve the miserable.

Blessed are the pure of heart (works) —-God is not seen unless the heart is pure.

Blessed are the peacemakers—— (works) mind and reason are brought under control.

Just a few ideas about faith and good works, which leads towards the Kingdom of Heaven

AMDG

Without the Holy Spirit all works are worthless.

Ben Masada

"Faith compels obedience"…..^^^ and obedience is manifested in good works, (Sermon on the Mt. Ten Commandments)).

Old monastic saying——"….you can tell how sincere a monk prays by how he sweeps and mops the kitchen floor."

Faith compels obedience! As I can see, you don't belong in the tribe of some in this forum that faith rather replaces obedience. In other words, you don't have to obey when you have faith. If you ask me, obedience is rather an evidence of your faith.

clefty

Believing is not a "work"

And it is with the Holy Spirit

"None can come to Me unless the Father draws him..."

It remains our choice but under inspiration...

There was a reason Noah was chosen...as with Abraham...same as Mary His mother...etc...

Is why children are circumcised / dedicated...the parents wish and pray...

They gave evidence of preparedness to receive the Spirit...

nikolai_42

Believing is not a "work"

I beg to differ.

Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

John 6:28-29

Mr. Pate has made a big deal about salvation being without works and simply being about believing Jesus. Most would agree with that (Ephesians 2:8-9, for example). He has also made it a point to say your salvation in your hands and your hands alone. He believes so strongly in the sinful nature of man that even after salvation man is still a wretched sinner in his eyes. So this utterly sinful being has to work up the faith to believe (yet not work) because he is left to himself to be reconciled to Christ. So if it is not a work to believe, how does he reckon with John 6:29?

Robert Pate

Banned
Without the Holy Spirit people preach pateism, which is salvation by the works of the law.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that anyone can do to save themselves. The work of salvation has already been done by Jesus Christ. All that we are called to do is believe it and accept it by faith. Faith is not a work. It is a mental ascension to a truth. Everyone has the ability to believe and have faith.