Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Can you substantiate that anyone is left 'to themselves'?

Never received your email by the way.

Well the fact that death is universal to our world is the start.

The bible gives the clearest reason IMO for death being due to universal sin.
If you are being drawn by God right now then you will believe. If you are not and you won't believe that would be because even tho you might understand salvation by grace thru faith you won't be able to believe it because you are left to your own ability without the divine enabling to receive Messiah.

That would be an example.

In order to recite every verse of scripture would be work for me. I'll do it but since I'm slow it would take time. I'd rather email a manuscript about this.

ariel.org

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Sonnet

The Truth of God does not hurt or do damage and faith in His Truth cannot be lost.

Opposition to Calvinism comes from unregenerated hearts that hate the light and love darkness.

Thus you consider all Arminians reprobates.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The doctrine of unconditional election and reprobation would seem to be the most awful case of discrimination we as humans could ever conceive of. God predetermines who will be saved and who will be passed by and Man has absolutely no say in the matter. It's dreadfulness needs no further explanation.

The seared conscience (1 Ti 4:2) is the reprobate mind (Ro 1:28). The OSAS greasy gracers
elvis.gif
who only give mental assent to the gospel believe that they can live for the devil and be saved (Jas 2:26). That's false (Ro 6:1-2). There is a time when God washes his hands of an individual (Ge 6:3).

If one is concerned about his salvation (e.g. he believes that one sin will cause him to go to hell), then he does not have the seared conscience. If his conscience were seared, he wouldn't give a damn.

See:

Predestination and Will: How are predestination and election connected with foreknowledge?
Does God Elect Everyone?

Related:

Lordship
Has the Law has been done away with?
At patrick jane At john w At Nick At SaultoPaul At Musterion At heir At GloryDaz At exminister At Grosnick Marowbe
Must We Confess Every Sin?
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Where is Prince Now?
Kirk Cameron: Wives Should 'Honor and Respect and Follow Their Husband's Lead'
The Myth of Unmerited Favor and Grace
The Big Switch
Did Paul teach obedience?
Where Is Muhammad Ali Now?

Last edited:

Sonnet

So is your rejection of Christianity a rejection of Calvinism?

Only in part. The point I was making is that if Calvinism is the Gospel (it is according to Spurgeon), then you have not believed the Gospel since you believe Christ died for all.

Are you able to see a difference? Patrick asked a good question: You seem heavily vested in scriptures. I suppose college did a number on you, or you found you were having trouble with Noah's ark?

See above.

Is there a need to go further than 100 threads against Calvinism here on TOL? When would the last one 'finally have put Calvinism to rest?'

I've never understood the incessant attacks, but I'd never been this hard against Calvinism when I wasn't.

Scripture telss us that Christ died for all without exception and Calvinist deny it. It's a fifth column crucifixion of the Gospel.

The outrage has been going on for 500 years.

It is a systematic theology that seeks to cogently tie together all scriptures in a manner that they make the most sense of all scriptures to the one holding to that framework. As such, we all have our systematic theologies and they are very much opposed to one another. I guess we do see crusades against every other one on TOL. I've seen it against Dispensationalism, Hyper-Dispensationalism, Open Theology, and Catholicism, and Orthodox. Most of us are Protestant. My family left the Catholic church. I didn't lose my faith over the matter because I could see the difference between an interpretation I believe wrong, and the scripture gospel. The question remains: why did you lose your faith over this?

It was one element.

Eagles Wings

Sonnet

God's Truth

From reading other posts of yours, I surmise that this is not genuine concern.

That is a false judgment.

From a foundational point, you and I do not agree on Christology.

As I posted in another thread, please consider reading one of the historic Creeds of the Christian Church to get a clear understanding of what early Christians believed about Christ and the Triune God, as they support the teaching of Scripture.

Your Creeds are not biblical.

God's Truth

The Truth of God does not hurt or do damage and faith in His Truth cannot be lost.

Opposition to Calvinism comes from unregenerated hearts that hate the light and love darkness.

You replace Christ with Calvinism. Just read what you wrote.