Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What scripture actually claims about God and the 'Good News' of Christ is the very substance of what I am to believe in.

That, right there, is what is wrong with a lot of Christianity today- you all want the good things, with none of the responsibility and otherwise convicting faith that is required of it. Everyone wants the convenient way- a watered down Christianity that requires no sacrifice. You just bargain with God, with an idea that you win either way.

Which is a worthless Christianity.
That is what you find outside of Reformed doctrine.

Eagles Wings

According to Luther and Calvin it is.
The history of the Reformation is part of the history of the Christian church. Terms like regeneration and reprobate are used to help define what Reformed believe are doctrines formed from Scripture.

I personally find it helpful to have a systemized theology that one can take from point A to point B. It helps because Scripture seems to me to be very orderly, as God reveals what He desires us to know about Himself.

nikolai_42

Not cut off Israel.

Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Romans 11:20-24

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:25-2

For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Romans 11:30-32

God's Truth

The history of the Reformation is part of the history of the Christian church.

The history of the reformation...the Christian church?

Those statements both prove false beliefs...the Christian Church and those who REFORMED it.

Terms like regeneration and reprobate are used to help define what Reformed believe are doctrines formed from Scripture.

It is a concern for those who go against God's written Word, as their name itself implies.

The REFORMED are in itself a false denomination, since there is NO SUCH THING AS REFORMING THE TRUTH.

I personally find it helpful to have a systemized theology that one can take from point A to point B. It helps because Scripture seems to me to be very orderly, as God reveals what He desires us to know about Himself.

Use scripture, don't us words from mere men. The word 'reprobate' and 'regenerated' is in the Holy Bible, and is taught correctly there.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
That I think it totally obvious that scripture teaches a genuine sacrifice for all without exception isn't a failure...

It's not a failure on God's part. A man can look into his fishbowl and say that fish loves me. He can look into his birdcage and say that bird loves me. Well sure. The fish can't get out of his bowl and the bird can't get out of his cage. Men must choose to love God--or not. They must be tested to see if their love is genuine.

Tests of Faith, by: difficult demands (Gen. 12:1, 2), severe trials (Job 1:6–22), prosperity of the wicked (Ps. 73:1–28), hardships (2 Cor. 11:21–33). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 612). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I didn't say I believed one over the other. I am simply looking at what scripture claims and assessing it.

And some folk say that Christ didn't die for all and that God chose whom He would pass by. Pretty shocking...
And you're schooling a few
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
Christians here by the way.

God's Truth

How do you define these two terms, GT?

Thanks for asking. The word 'reprobate' is in the Bible and it is about those who are so bad they are reprobate. That is not about all humans.

The word 'regenerate' is in the Bible and it is about when a person receives the Holy Spirit...after they are saved.

God's Truth

Only those who believe in God's only begotten Son will go to heaven, and that limits the atonement. It is a statement of identity, right?

Who believes? Those whom the Father draws. John 6:44 (KJV)

That scripture, John 6:44, is about the Jews who had faith and how God hardened other Jews so they could not believe Jesus.

That hardening is no more. Sin hardens people but the hardening to some Jews was only for a time.

God draws ALL to Jesus but many resist.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Think about what's actually occurring when a Calvinist tells an unbeliever to believe in Christ's resurrection from the dead so that he might be saved. The preacher doesn't believe that Christ died for all, nor rose for all...
He's preaching an impotent message. He knows that you'll be saved or you won't and it's not up to his message. Why does he preach at all? He should go get an honest job.

Throw out the doctrine and the problem vanishes.
Throw out the doctrine and he's got to start preaching. Challenge him--preach preacher. Mock him. You call that preaching preacher? :listen: Wait 'til he finds out it did matter.

His god is evil. He watches us all on his television when he could fast forward through to the end of our lives--send respective souls to heaven or hell already.

...Tomorrow, your baby is going to be eaten by an alligator at Disney World. Let me go pop some more popcorn. :freak:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Part of the reason I fell away was because of Calvinism's assertions.

Their god is a monster not worthy of worship. :granite: Our God is loving and just. :straight:

Why would he make a being in his image who never really got a choice to choose him at all? It's sort of insulting himself, isn't it?

How can he hold a being responsible for making a wrong choice when he didn't get a choice?

Why ask his followers to love others when the ones they love will burn for all eternity? Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all? :freak: Ro 9:3, Mt 26:24

Danoh

The history of the Reformation is part of the history of the Christian church. Terms like regeneration and reprobate are used to help define what Reformed believe are doctrines formed from Scripture.

Recently, after reading someone's post on another thread about a different topic, I put it aside, grabbed my Bible, and proceeded to do a word, phrase, passage, and passages study on the word and or phrase that poster had used.

I began at Genesis and worked my way all the way through to the last chapter in Revelation.

Took me about two hours.

Along the way, I found what I often find when engaged in this simple practice - I found that every so often, I would run accross some thing or other on another subject I had been studying out in this same manner at some other time.

Years at this along with simply reading through Scripture on a regular basis, has resulted in a great familiarity with this great big Book called the Bible.

A sense of that that is much like that of one's familiarity with one's own neighborhood. Where, over time; one comes to know where the various shops, schools, eateries, and so on, are, and they just pop into one's mind whenever one needs one thing or another.

In this, I find this practice of time in Scripture itself in this way, a much better use of my time then reading what is supposedly "about" things in the Bible by others.

Further, when reading "about" a thing in men's endless books supposedly "about" the Scripture, there is the very real reality that one ends up accepting the views of said writers because they "appeared to" make sense.

Over time, their supposedly "sound" sense of things ending up the "sense of things" of those who over rely on the writings of men.

In stark contrast to their knowing "about" a thing, is actually knowing it first hand.

If how that is to be allowed to properly come about is not yet obvious - it is not yet obvious in light of what is, when one actually goes to, and sticks to The Book one suppesdly claims to believe in.

Or as The Apostle Paul reminded young Pastor Timothy...

2 Timothy 3:14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Only those who believe in God's only begotten Son will go to heaven, and that limits the atonement. It is a statement of identity, right?

Who believes? Those whom the Father draws. John 6:44 (KJV)

The Holy Spirit tries to woo men to himself. Refusing his love is an offense worthy of eternal damnation. To say he never even bothered to woo and win and individual to himself is false. Matt. 12:31, 32