Rebuttal of the dreadful doctrine of reprobation

Sonnet

Why "Falteringly"? Problem with likening yourself to Peter is Peter came around instantly after he saw himself for what he was. His end was a joyous one. What we all need to do when weighing our options is to run everything out of our life; our thinking to see where it ends whether in eternal never ending JOY or torment of our soul.

Still to get back to you regarding polygamy and all the issues that cause doubt. Soon.

Cross Reference

Maybe his fear would have le him to deny belief in Christ...he wasn't actually asked specifically.

"the spirit is willing but the is flesh weak". With Peter and any future Christian, that would eventually be rectified by the events of Acts 2, God's provision for His new born "children" per John 1:12..

God's Truth

Maybe his fear would have le him to deny belief in Christ...he wasn't actually asked specifically.

So you do not believe that it was fear that caused Peter to deny Jesus?

You do not believe it even though Peter denied Jesus right after Jesus was arrested.

That is not the only time Peter acted out of line with the truth.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

The circumcision group are the Jews.

Peter was afraid of the Jews because they would have people put to jail, tortured, and killed for preaching what they believed was against Judaism.

Sonnet

So you do not believe that it was fear that caused Peter to deny Jesus?

You do not believe it even though Peter denied Jesus right after Jesus was arrested.

That is not the only time Peter acted out of line with the truth.

Galatians 2:12 For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

The circumcision group are the Jews.

Peter was afraid of the Jews because they would have people put to jail, tortured, and killed for preaching what they believed was against Judaism.

I agree that Peter acted in fear.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I dutifully declare that I am not a Christian.
Trolls drown themselves. You're always trying to sting us with wolfish venom

THE TURTLE AND THE SCORPION !
A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. "Are you Scorpion mad?" exclaimed the turtle. "You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear turtle," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"You're right!" cried the turtle. "Hop on!" The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said:

"Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there'd be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?"
"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just my character."

Lon

"Calvinism is the Gospel" - C.H. Spurgeon.

Apparently you don't believe....either.
So is your rejection of Christianity a rejection of Calvinism? Are you able to see a difference? Patrick asked a good question: You seem heavily vested in scriptures. I suppose college did a number on you, or you found you were having trouble with Noah's ark?

Is there a need to go further than 100 threads against Calvinism here on TOL? When would the last one 'finally have put Calvinism to rest?'

I've never understood the incessant attacks, but I'd never been this hard against Calvinism when I wasn't. It is a systematic theology that seeks to cogently tie together all scriptures in a manner that they make the most sense of all scriptures to the one holding to that framework. As such, we all have our systematic theologies and they are very much opposed to one another. I guess we do see crusades against every other one on TOL. I've seen it against Dispensationalism, Hyper-Dispensationalism, Open Theology, and Catholicism, and Orthodox. Most of us are Protestant. My family left the Catholic church. I didn't lose my faith over the matter because I could see the difference between an interpretation I believe wrong, and the scripture gospel. The question remains: why did you lose your faith over this?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The Truth of God does not hurt or do damage and faith in His Truth cannot be lost.

Opposition to Calvinism comes from unregenerated hearts that hate the light and love darkness.