Really Good Beer

Buzzword

I didn't even know this was still around, but I finally got to try it for the first time over Christmas break.

single_bottle_lonestar.png

Good stuff.

Selaphiel

I just had one of these.

dogfish-head-120-minute-ipa.jpg

Is the lack of a longer description due to the ABV of that beer? :eek:

I'm having a bottle of my favorite type of lager tonight, bock beer by Aass brewery. Malty and dried fruit sweetness up front, rounded off by a nice roasted bitterness.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Is the lack of a longer description due to the ABV of that beer? :eek:

I'm having a bottle of my favorite type of lager tonight, bock beer by Aass brewery. Malty and dried fruit sweetness up front, rounded off by a nice roasted bitterness.

:chuckle: maybe part of it, but mostly because I'm bad at describing it.

Enjoy yours. :cheers:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
single_bottle_lonestar.png

Urk! Well, it's better than Pearl, I suppose. If you want a great Texas beer head for Shiner, Texas, and the Spoetzl Brewery. Low on snob appeal, but a nicely balanced brew for a large brewery.

BTW, I just tried something that I figured I would hate, but I found myself liking it:

DSCN4981.JPG

meshak

BANNED
Banned
wow,

I am amazed at how well you guys describe your favorite beer.

But I don't understand how you can enjoy bitter tasting thing.

I feel heavenly drinking cupacheno (sp). that is my luxury once a week. I am trying not to drink or eat too much sweet.

IMJerusha

wow,

I am amazed at how well you guys describe your favorite beer.

But I don't understand how you can enjoy bitter tasting thing.

I feel heavenly drinking cupacheno (sp). that is my luxury once a week. I am trying not to drink or eat too much sweet.

That is why I liked the Stella Artois. It wasn't bitter.

Are you meaning Cappuccino? I do like a good cup of Cappuccino.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Last night I had this. I'm not usually a big fan of porters but it wasn't too bad. I can't say I tasted maple syrup very much.

4-Hands-Smoked-Pigasus-690x579.jpg

IMG_0501-640x479.jpg

genuineoriginal

I like trying different beers. Stella Artois came home the other night. It was good.

I tried Stella Artois this weekend as well, and it was good.
My son was drinking Heineken at the time, so I took a sip of each to compare them.
Stella Artois was much better tasting.

IMJerusha

It was given to me. My brother got a whole case of it. I don't recall where he got it.

I did some checking and found a Dogfish distributor in the Cinci area but the 120 minute is not sold in Ohio. Bummer. Doing my winter weather advisory shopping today I did find a couple of IPAs I might try. I'll let you know if any are good. :) I'll start with West 6th out of Lexington, Ky.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I did some checking and found a Dogfish distributor in the Cinci area but the 120 minute is not sold in Ohio. Bummer. Doing my winter weather advisory shopping today I did find a couple of IPAs I might try. I'll let you know if any are good. :) I'll start with West 6th out of Lexington, Ky.

Cool. Hope you enjoy!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did some checking and found a Dogfish distributor in the Cinci area but the 120 minute is not sold in Ohio. Bummer.

Ohio has an ABV (Alcohol By Volume) limit of 12% for beer.

Dogfish Head 120 has an ABV of 18%. Therefore, you can't buy it in Ohio.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm about 25 miles from the Ohio border. I frequently see many people from Ohio come here to purchase high ABV beer.

I can get Dogfish Head 120 Minute for about $11.00 a bottle.