Really Good Beer

IMJerusha

Ohio has an ABV (Alcohol By Volume) limit of 12% for beer.

Dogfish Head 120 has an ABV of 18%. Therefore, you can't buy it in Ohio.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm about 25 miles from the Ohio border. I frequently see many people from Ohio come here to purchase high ABV beer.

I can get Dogfish Head 120 Minute for about $11.00 a bottle.

Apparently it doesn't all have the same ABV because some of their product is sold in Ohio. Of course, it's clear out in Cinci but I'll eventually track it down. :)

$11.00 a bottle? Wowser! Really?

counting-coins.jpg

Selaphiel

Buxton Imperial Black IPA tonight. Very good.

Dark fruits and a bit of coffee up front, also getting some notes that remind me of tobacco and tea, followed the intense hoppy bitterness of an IPA on the finish.
Aftertaste oscillates between the dark fruit and the hops, quite interesting.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Buxton Imperial Black IPA tonight. Very good.

Dark fruits and a bit of coffee up front, also getting some notes that remind me of tobacco and tea, followed the intense hoppy bitterness of an IPA on the finish.
Aftertaste oscillates between the dark fruit and the hops, quite interesting.

Nice. Sounds good. :cheers:

I might have one of these tonight.
Spoiler

Pizza-Boy-Bean-Dream-Milk-Porter.jpg

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Nice. Sounds good. :cheers:

I might have one of these tonight.
Spoiler

Pizza-Boy-Bean-Dream-Milk-Porter.jpg

I had this Bean Dream last night. It was good. :up:

And the night before I had one of these. Also good.

7165102576_9e34270b66_z.jpg

I didn't think I was much of a fan of coffee beers but I've had a couple lately and I'm enjoying them. :cheers:

Buzzword

I didn't think I was much of a fan of coffee beers but I've had a couple lately and I'm enjoying them. :cheers:

Do you have to enjoy the taste of coffee to enjoy them?

I tried Blue Moon White Winter Ale awhile back, and it was listed as having "coffee overtones," and I couldn't even finish it.

musterion

Stay away from Founder's Breakfast Stout if you're a lightweight like me. I could barely finish 1/2, tossed the rest.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Do you have to enjoy the taste of coffee to enjoy them?

I tried Blue Moon White Winter Ale awhile back, and it was listed as having "coffee overtones," and I couldn't even finish it.

I'm not a huge coffee fan but yes I can enjoy it. :coffee:

Selaphiel

Opened a legend tonight. The Rochefort 10, a quadrupel Trappist beer.

Wonderful sweet smell. Sweet and nutty taste, with a long lingering taste of caramel and sweet dried fruits. Very round and velvety smooth. No alcohol taste whatsoever which is impressive considering it is 11,3% ABV. This is a beer that deserves to be enjoyed slowly, either alone or with some mild white rind cheese.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Opened a legend tonight. The Rochefort 10, a quadrupel Trappist beer.

Wonderful sweet smell. Sweet and nutty taste, with a long lingering taste of caramel and sweet dried fruits. Very round and velvety smooth. No alcohol taste whatsoever which is impressive considering it is 11,3% ABV. This is a beer that deserves to be enjoyed slowly, either alone or with some mild white rind cheese.

:Firechyld:

andyc

For all the Americans here, I've heard great things about your "Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale". Been looking for this one recently but can't find it.

As for the Britt ales, if you can get your hands on ............"Fuller's - Golden Pride", "Innis & Gunn - Original Oak Aged", "Adnam's - Broadside", "Moorland - Old Crafty Hen", "Green King - Abbot Reserve"..........you'd be in for a mega treat.