Really Good Beer

Son of Jack

The title is pretty much self-explanatory. This can be a thread where you discuss good beer. Tell us about your favorites. Tell us about new beer you've tried. Make suggestions about beer we should try.:cheers:

Tonight, I am drinking Red Brick Wee Heavy Ale. It is smooth and has a nice finish. Recently, the state of Mississippi passed a law allowing beer making to brew and import "high gravity" beers in the state. This is one example.

Another beer I really like is Sam Adams Octoberfest. Delicious.

Finally, I really enjoy Blue Moon.

zippy2006

Some local favorites:

Summit, especially the Winter Ale, though they are known for their EPA.

Surly, especially Bender.

Dave's Brew Farm, any Saison

Else I like Guinness, Fat Tire, and Newcastle brown. There are a number of microbrews around MN, but I can't get any of them consistently and they aren't exactly available, but many are quite good. Surly Hell is tasty too.

Buzzword

Son of Jack said:
Finally, I really enjoy Blue Moon.

This, especially with a heavy orange garnish.

Other than that, and a very occasional Corona, I'm just not much of a beer person.

Partially because I'm apparently really picky about not tasting the alcohol, but mostly because the hops taste apparently doesn't appeal to me, especially since I've tried hardcore German homebrewed lager and still didn't enjoy it.

I've heard Fat Tire is pretty good, but Oklahoma's idiotic no-refrigeration-in-liquor-stores law kinda limits the selection once you get above Wal-Mart alcohol content.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This can be a thread where you discuss good beer.

HERE is beeradvocate.com's list of the best beers.

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I have never been able to even purchase any of the top 20 beers.

Has anyone ever tried one of the top 10 beers on the list?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My favorite beer has been my homebrew. I need to get off my rear end and make a lot more.

Soddomin4lovers

My current favorite beer is Stone Brewing Co.'s Ruination IPA. I like everything that I've had from Stone, but Ruination is by far the best. I like harsh IPAs a lot, though I can understand why they don't appeal to most folks.

Doormat

My current favorite beer is Stone Brewing Co.'s Ruination IPA. I like everything that I've had from Stone, but Ruination is by far the best. I like harsh IPAs a lot, though I can understand why they don't appeal to most folks.

IPAs are good. I get a slight taste of grapefruit juice when I drink them.

PureX

exteriorOldStylesign.jpg

There really isn't much more to be said. I drank about a million beers in a thousand places with this sign hanging out front. Sometimes the signs would say "cerveza fria". Places with incredibly beautiful carved wooden bar-backs built just after the Chicago fire by Polish immigrants. Places with the same four drunks sitting there every day from opening to closing, and with great old juke boxes blasting salsa music and beat up old pool tables for playing "8-ball, last pocket". These swallowed up a fair portion of my life. I've been sober 20 years and I can still see them, hear them, and smell them like it was yesterday.